PDA

View Full Version : graphics to html, to flash, to scripts, now on to programming!

joymelody
05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone!

I am new ofcourse to programming, but Im sure I can do it!, Ive been reading all of the awesome tutorials on here and I have an understanding. I have downloaded a compiler and have been inserting the code and I can see it work. Now, I really need to learn how to incorporate my abilities to create graphics and flash and put the prgram behind it, how in the world do I put it all together?

ober
05-09-2005, 08:46 AM
That's kind of a loaded question.... mind narrowing the topic just a bit?

EDIT: And welcome :)

joymelody
05-09-2005, 09:18 AM
sorry,
well I guess what Im doing is studying C++ now. I have been asked to take oop and intergrate it with flash. creating simulations and things like that. I understand that you place the code into a compiler then it creates an ex file. but how do you connent the application..with a graphical interface. for instace..photoshop i think is made with c++ , but how in the user interface connected to the actions and the code?

Salem
05-09-2005, 11:16 AM
You should spend a few months getting to grips with the C++ part first - for which simple command line programs are perfectly adequate.

What you want to do also involves knowing a large amount about the win32 graphical API as well, and trying to learn both at once is going to be hard to say the least.

Once you've got to grips with the actual C++, learning the API won't be that hard.