PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Flashdaddee?!?!??

Tman
03-20-2005, 05:09 PM
So I was bored and decided to check back on Flashdadde Forums. I went to flashdaddee.com, clicked the 'Forums' link and.. EEEEK! The first thing I notice is that a new style is up, then that the forums are totally rearranged, then that my account no longer exists, and finally that Flashdaddee seems to be lifeless. Is Rick just upgrading the forums or something or has FD been abandoned?

RoD
03-20-2005, 05:45 PM
FD community is no longer being covered by rick, IIRC its Axon and a few others continuing the legacy now.

Tman
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
I see... Well apparently the Register option on the forums isn't working right now. So I'll check back later.

ober
03-20-2005, 06:21 PM
www.entropysink.com

That is the address that most of the members moved to. At the moment, it is axon's board, but we've put our money together and hopefully this week I'll be buying our own hosting and a copy of vBulletin.

Basically, Rick didn't like most of us, so he closed it down and reopened it with a new look, wiping out everyone's membership and threads in the process. He did it in a really immature fashion and pretty much ........ed off everyone that he wanted to and the majority of us have not re-registered at the new FD.

You're welcome to join us at our new home (but like I said, you'll have to re-register at the new place in about a week or so, so you might just want to wait a little bit).

gcn_zelda
03-20-2005, 06:27 PM
I still think it should've been AmbivalentDonkey.com...

sand_man
03-20-2005, 06:29 PM
why buy vBulletin when phpbb is free

Tman
03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
ober: Okay, that explains it. Partly. I'll join the new community and maybe the current one.

sand_man: Because, compared to vBulletin, phpBB sucks. As far as free goes, phpBB is great, but vB is much nicer if you're willing to buy it.

Thantos
03-20-2005, 06:46 PM
SMF > vBulletin and phpBB combined!

7smurfs
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
why buy vBulletin when phpbb is freeBecause phpBB is so often hacked that google actually banned the search of, "Powered by phpBB" to prevent it?

RoD
03-20-2005, 07:00 PM
if ppl didnt just install and use phpbb that wouldnt be the case, but they are too lazy to use patches and security measures.

Thantos
03-20-2005, 07:00 PM
except that google hasn't...

Since Tman has his info and I see the thread going down to which BB software we think is best lets go ahead and let this thing die.