PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE interview with MICROSOFT?

dittodittoboy2
03-11-2005, 07:50 AM
i have a phone interview with microsoft for program manager. Have anyone ever interviewed with microsoft before?

if so,

what kind of questions can i expect?
are there technical-programming ques asked during the phone interview?

thanks!

VirtualAce
03-11-2005, 08:05 AM
No and this belongs on the GD board, not the C++ one.

Thantos
03-11-2005, 08:06 AM
No and this belongs on the GD board, not the C++ one.
agreed

axon
03-11-2005, 09:19 AM
i have a phone interview with microsoft for program manager. Have anyone ever interviewed with microsoft before?

if so,

what kind of questions can i expect?
are there technical-programming ques asked during the phone interview?

thanks!

I have, but never over the phone; my first interview was some typical questions about my coding background, and finally analyzation of a C function - and what it prints out. Actually, there was a bug in the function and it would give a seg foult when compiled :) by saying this I landed a second interview. During the second interview I had to write a function in c or c++ that counts the number of days between to given dates - piece of cake. I took these just to get experience in interviewing, as I really don't want to work for MS (even though I have nothing against them). They are offering to fly me out to their facilities for further interviews either over spring break or the summer - if I wont land anything closer to home I'll go.

Good luck.

VirtualAce
03-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Geez why can't they ask any DirectX questions? I'd be in for sure.

;)

Brain Cell
03-11-2005, 09:32 AM
my first interview was some typical questions about my coding background, and finally analyzation of a C function ..... I had to write a function in c or c++ that counts the number of days between to given datesman , thats ridiculously easy :rolleyes:

axon
03-11-2005, 10:18 AM
>>man , thats ridiculously easy<<

it is pretty easy but you have a time limit of 20 minutes and it is written by hand; then you have to code it and try to compile it - you're allowed 3 minor bugs until it compiles (this seems really silly to me, but oh well). They're also looking for pretty efficient solutions; a friend of mine wrote it and it worked, but it was ugly - they gave him a chance to fix it up.

RoD
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Dont worry, the person on the phone interviewing you actually works for Kmart.