PDA

View Full Version : scripting?

cerin
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
What is the difference between browser and server scripting? Which language(s) would be better for me to learn? Here in not too long I will be on the the my school's web team and I want to excel and possibly make them look like fools considering the morons made me go through all the other computer classes first! :mad:

Thantos
02-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Server Side Scripting: Code the server executes before or during the transfer of the webpage
Client Side Scripting: Code the browser executes as the user interacts with the page.

Which is better: neither. They have two very different uses.

Example: For my City of Heroes' Super Group I'm creating a memberlist website that is searchable. As the user interacts with the page I want the page to change what it displays without having to reload the page. For that I used javascript. To create the javascript and to load settings and information from the databases I used PHP.

Though there are others I would say PHP for server side and Javascript for client side is the way to go.

cerin
02-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Do you know of any free web hosts you could recommend? Would most free webhosts support PHP?

Govtcheez
02-16-2005, 06:38 PM
made me go through all the other computer classes first!God, I can't imagine why.

RoD
02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
look like fools considering the morons made me go through all the other computer classes first

Yea they're real dumb.....

Jeremy G
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
What is the difference between browser and server scripting? Which language(s) would be better for me to learn? Here in not too long I will be on the the my school's web team and I want to excel and possibly make them look like fools considering the morons made me go through all the other computer classes first! :mad:

Perhaps a class or two in english might benefit you as well.

RoD
02-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Jeremy's Rep++

cerin
02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Hahahaha, I'm afraid I have better english than the quite a few people on this board. You don't comment on their english.
Example spelling errors:
randamizing
exersizing

Jeremy G
02-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Jeremy's Rep++
The irony here is that while RoD repped me in this thread for my joke, cerin repped me in RoD's keep me out of jail thread for the joke I told there!

sean
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
The irony here is that while RoD repped me in this thread for my joke, cerin repped me in RoD's keep me out of jail thread for the joke I told there!

There's no irony in the amount of rep power they have.

Cerin - if I remember correctly you commented on someone's grammar just a couple of days ago, and I had no trouble understanding them.

Jeremy G
02-16-2005, 11:01 PM
There's no irony in the amount of rep power they have.

Cerin - if I remember correctly you commented on someone's grammar just a couple of days ago, and I had no trouble understanding them.
The irony isn't about the ammount of power related to their reputation, but rather that unbeknownst to either of them they both positively repped me in threads oppisite of themselves for teh same reason - making a joke.

RobR
02-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Perhaps a class or two in english might benefit you as well.

The irony isn't about the ammount of power related to their reputation, but rather that unbeknownst to either of them they both positively repped me in threads oppisite of themselves for teh same reason - making a joke.

lol. cheez's first law of teh intraweb strikes again.

pianorain
02-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Example spelling errors:
randamizing
exersizingI think I laughed at this more than anything else in the thread. What are you doing, cerin? Teaching us how to not spell? :D

Govtcheez
02-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Hahahaha, I'm afraid I have better english than the quite a few people on this board. You don't comment on their english.
Example spelling errors:
randamizing
exersizing
So... what you're telling us is that you've found 2 spelling errors since you've been here.

Surely you should be elected King of the Internet for all you've done for us.

Brain Cell
02-17-2005, 10:39 AM
You sure do :)

The irony here is that while RoD repped me in this thread for my joke
That looked like "while RoD raped me in this thread for my joke" at first glance :p

Krak
02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Example spelling errors:
randamizing
exersizing
Easy honey. Don't try to start any conflicts or anything. It seems as though you're pretty out-numbered, you see.

People on this board probably don't think it's quite your place to be calling other people morons and such, sir.

Zach L.
02-17-2005, 11:15 PM
That looked like "while RoD raped me in this thread for my joke" at first glance :p
RoD has very peculiar ways of expressing his amusement.

*edit* Bad joke removed.

cerin
02-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Shutup............I was mad because I was the only who has to take all of them. :mad:
In middle school I didn't get more than 40 words per minute. So I have to take them.

you are stupid, take classes you moran

Thanks for the rep. It looks like your the moron. Unless you meant that as a joke in which case.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :p

jEssYcAt
02-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Shutup............I was mad because I was the only who has to take all of them. :mad:
In middle school I didn't get more than 40 words per minute. So I have to take them.They made you take all the classes because you don't type faster than 40 words per minute? Wow... I could take a typing test then and probably skip all the classes since I type 100+wpm... :P </brag>

major_small
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
spelling thread

Shutup............I was mad because I was the only who has to take all of them. :mad:try "I was the only one who had"

scripting thread
I use PHP for server-side scripting, and JavaScript for client-side scripting, although newly acquired knowledge of PERL may leave me using both PHP and PERL. for example, with PERL you can easily handle the POST method, whereas PHP makes it a little more difficult.