PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feeds

Scribbler
02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Any chance of, or has there ever been any consideration for this site to provide RSS feeds? Lately I've been thinking it would be a nice added feature to keep users aprised of announcements, new articles, newsworthy events, and even (though I'd turn the option off) summaries of new threads.

I never put any real thought into mentioning it before since it's not exactly a showstopping feature, however in light of recent events it would add functionality to announcements.

I'm not current on the functionality of VBulletin, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are currently available plugins to make it easy to incorporate.

Govtcheez
02-11-2005, 08:32 PM
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_rss_syndication

andyhunter
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
*cough* geek *cough* :p ;)

We're sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled show but there is late breaking news from cprogramming.com :p ;)

RoD
02-11-2005, 08:37 PM
lmao

"Kermi is stuck under his couch....and in other news"

Scribbler
02-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Hehheh <shrug>...

Now how'd I miss that? I even did a search for it...hrmm....

Govtcheez
02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't have known about it wither, but I happened to notice a post mentioning it the other day :)

(if I read this a couple hours from now I would be too drunk to reply, so count your blessings)

andyhunter
02-11-2005, 08:59 PM
(if I read this a couple hours from now I would be too drunk to reply, so count your blessings)

*slrrs speach*You've got some catching up to do. ;)

*stumbles away*

Scribbler
02-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Actually, now that I look for it, it's really odd. I know I'm really tired after a long day, but other than that link to the vBulletin FAQ in this thread, I can't seem to find a link to it anywhere else. Anything remotely resembling a link to a FAQ takes you to http://faq.cprogramming.com/. Which isn't the same FAQ.

[edit]aha! okay, (sheepish grin) finally found it....

Govtcheez
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I just searched for RSS off the main site page.