PDA

View Full Version : About education in USA

Born_2B_Alone
01-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Hello. I wanna to know about possibilitys to study programming in USA. I`m from Lithuania, yet I`m only in 11 form (16 y.o.). So... maybe some of you knows good universitys or colleges where I can study programming. I programming in C++ about year, IMHO I learnt pretty much, basicly I`m learning Win32 API...so I wanna to proceed that specification. Also I want to learn ASM, and other low level things. So is there any that king of university or college? Or maybe you know relative collages or universities? Thank you.

Kleid-0
01-16-2005, 10:15 AM
You may want to visit some technical colleges (MIT, ITT) and see what kind of degrees they have to offer.

Govtcheez
01-16-2005, 10:23 AM
> (MIT, ITT)

Did you just put ITT and MIT in the same category? What?

Zach L.
01-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Ouch.

Another you might want to check into is CMU (Carnegie Mellon).

Scribbler
01-16-2005, 12:32 PM
ROFL!! <--quite literally :D

CU (Colorado University) is also good. Just don't hold their football program against them.

Zach L.
01-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Just don't hold their football program against them.
Same goes for MIT. ;)

Kleid-0
01-16-2005, 06:01 PM
> (MIT, ITT)

Did you just put ITT and MIT in the same category? What? I don't understand what I did wrong :(

Govtcheez
01-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't understand what I did wrong :(
Just because they both have "Tech" in the title doesn't mean they're at all similar. MIT's one of the most respected universities in the world. ITT is crap.

Kleid-0
01-16-2005, 06:18 PM
But ITT is showed on TV! Quality commercials!

sean
01-16-2005, 06:33 PM
But ITT is showed on TV!

So is Chia Pet. And William Hung.

axon
01-16-2005, 06:45 PM
go William Hung!

to the OP...you can look into University of Illinois :) :D

scoobasean
01-17-2005, 02:47 PM
ROFL!! <--quite literally :D

CU (Colorado University) is also good. Just don't hold their football program against them.

Go to the University of Southern California. They have good football, good parties, and the education is ok too :) Seriously, it's a good school. Lots of international students too

andyhunter
01-17-2005, 03:19 PM
You may want to visit some technical colleges (MIT, ITT) and see what kind of degrees they have to offer.

*gasp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govtcheez
> (MIT, ITT)

I don't understand what I did wrong

Damn, Kleid-0 you might want to run to a non-extradition country and change your name.

Hell, your house might even be hit by lightning tonight!
:p :p :p :p

Zach L.
01-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Hell, your house might even be hit by lightning tonight!
Excellent idea! I'll see what I can do to arrange that. :cool:

Kleid-0
01-17-2005, 03:49 PM
This is not cool... :(

andyhunter
01-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Where are you from Kleid-0, and how long have you been a computer geek?

Kleid-0
01-17-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm 140 years old, back in the days ol' Freddy and I were forestry workers. One day we were cuttin' down this HUGE oak tree!
"Freddy, cut her down!"
And he was like:
"You got it!"
It took 7 days to cut it down! It was early in the mornin', and I said to Freddy:
"Finish it off, you can do it!"
Then all of a sudden *WWHHOOOOSSSHHH* big gusts of winds came, and the tree started to fall!!! FREDDY WATCH OUT, FREDDY NNOOO!! *BAM*!!! Blood everywhere!! "FREEEDDDDYYY GOD NOOO!!!". And then the tree rolled and took out my legs! I crawled over to Freddy:
"FREDDY ARE YOU OK!?!?!"
Freddy replied:
"..uuhh.....blah..."*dies*
Since I couldn't work in the forest anymore, I decided computers was the best option, and now I'm here, with the best people in the world!

scoobasean
01-17-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm 140 years old, back in the days ol' Freddy and I were forestry workers. One day we were cuttin' down this HUGE oak tree!
"Freddy, cut her down!"
And he was like:
"You got it!"
It took 7 days to cut it down! It was early in the mornin', and I said to Freddy:
"Finish it off, you can do it!"
Then all of a sudden *WWHHOOOOSSSHHH* big gusts of winds came, and the tree started to fall!!! FREDDY WATCH OUT, FREDDY NNOOO!! *BAM*!!! Blood everywhere!! "FREEEDDDDYYY GOD NOOO!!!". And then the tree rolled and took out my legs! I crawled over to Freddy:
"FREDDY ARE YOU OK!?!?!"
Freddy replied:
"..uuhh.....blah..."*dies*
Since I couldn't work in the forest anymore, I decided computers was the best option, and now I'm here, with the best people in the world!

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :confused:

Kleid-0
01-17-2005, 08:07 PM
You better believe it! I was in Vietnam too!

Jez
01-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I think Kleid-0 misplaced a decimal point from his age. Not sure where it goes though.....

Kleid-0
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
You're right, I'm 1400 years old!

Jez
01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
NO! I said a decimal point, not a zero. No wonder you have so much trouble with your code! ;)