PDA

View Full Version : so let me get this straight...

Sea Monster
01-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Before posting a question or a thread, one first has to search to see if the topic hasn't been discussed before, right?

But, you may not reply to any discussions around that topic, because that would be considered "bumping dead threads", right?

:rolleyes:

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
You can read, right? So, read the old thread, and if your question's not answered, make a new thread. If someone says to search, point out that you've already done that and move on.

That's some complicated stuff right there.

edit: Also, your bump added pretty much nothing to the discussion anyway.

algi
01-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Genel discussions is turning into a place where people with red squares seem to have arguements all the time. Like the arquements with Cerin

gcn_zelda
01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Which is why I think there should be a forum where only people with high reputations can go and have semi-intelligent discussion.

B0bDole
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
>Which is why I think there should be a forum where only people with high reputations can go and have semi-intelligent discussion.

Best idea I've heard from GD

Thantos
01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
High rep has nothing to do with intelligence. Just look at Axon! /ducks

axon
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
>> High rep has nothing to do with intelligence. Just look at Axon! /ducks<<

:( :( :o :o

edit::this response due to a humbling first day of school. You'll get yours in about a few days thantor!!! :mad:

:p

Hunter2
01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
>>Which is why I think there should be a forum where only people with high reputations can go
There already is ;)

>>Like the arquements with Cerin
Maybe I missed something, but from what I gathered of that 'your website sucks' thread Thantos started, it was quite unprovoked for everyone to start bashing him.

RoD
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
most of his arguments are pointless newb crapola that were sick of hearing about. That one thread may be an exception, but explain all his other acts of stupidity.

Sea Monster
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
edit: Also, your bump added pretty much nothing to the discussion anyway.
neither did 99% of the other replies, including yours and salem's.

and since when did "general discussion" have a yardstick?

edit: and why does there have to be a question that needs to be answered for it to be considered a valid post?

gcn_zelda
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Because if you're making an invalid comment, then it's generally considered an invalid post.

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 06:45 PM
>neither did 99% of the other replies, including yours and salem's.

My post was just to show I was the one closing it.

> and since when did "general discussion" have a yardstick?

It's usually assumed people want at least a minimal amount of quality in their discussions, and bumping a long dead thread to say "lol u r dum" isn't it. If you're too stupid to figure out when a discussion is over, you're welcome to lurk and figure out how the board works. It's not difficult, though.

> why does there have to be a question that needs to be answered for it to be considered a valid post?

I was referring to the programming boards. I posted that before I noticed exactly which thread you were whining about.

Darkness
01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
most of his arguments are pointless newb crapola that were sick of hearing about. That one thread may be an exception, but explain all his other acts of stupidity.

Kind of like when he made a thread saying he'd do anything for money, i.e putting large pens in his nose.

Stupid acts like that, right? Is that what you meant?

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Nobody would be that stupid.

Oh.

Hunter2
01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
That example still doesn't justify creating a thread explicitly to insult him (ok ok, the 'real' motive was to get him to modify the site.. but it degenerated pretty quick and nobody closed the thread). I haven't been sticking around GD long enough to see any of his other 'stupid' threads/posts though, and I don't feel like reading through the search results... it seems to me that it should take a lot to fire people up enough to permanently exile someone from acceptance though, and I really haven't seen that much out of him.

axon
01-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Kind of like when he made a thread saying he'd do anything for money, i.e putting large pens in his nose.

Stupid acts like that, right? Is that what you meant?

hey, hey, there was some entertainment value in that thread!

Kleid-0
01-10-2005, 08:57 PM
You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!

Hunter2
01-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Inside joke here or something? :confused:

sean
01-10-2005, 09:20 PM
It seems that way with everything he says.

axon
01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Inside joke here or something? :confused:

if so, it is not with me....

Kleido, what the hell is wrong with you dude?

Zach L.
01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!
I've never read any religious texts, but the ordering there does seem a bit backward. :eek: :p

Kleid-0
01-10-2005, 09:34 PM
It was off of South Park, I'm sorry :(

Thantos
01-11-2005, 01:05 AM
>> High rep has nothing to do with intelligence. Just look at Axon! /ducks<<

:( :( :o :o

edit::this response due to a humbling first day of school. You'll get yours in about a few days thantor!!! :mad:

:p

/snoooorrrrrreeeeeeeee meh meh meh meh

Huh what?

RoD
01-11-2005, 01:33 AM
"since when"

"neithger did yours or salems"

"haha your an idiot."

STFU you SFN and go STFW to find another forum.

Salem
01-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Since people are quoting me in a thread I haven't spoken in, let me just say

CLOSED!