PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Fantasy Football

Pages : [1] 2

PJYelton
01-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Ok, I'm watching my Broncos getting pasted and I'm thinking that since all of our favorite teams are now out of the playoff except Ober's Steelers (sorry, RoD doesn't count since his Eagles will choke next week) why not play another game to make it interesting?

This is open to everyone, not just those of us who played fantasy or survival football this year. To play, just post your team on this thread before the start of the playoff game next Saturday.

Basically the rules are close to what we were playing in fantasy football. Everyone picks a QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, and one defense from any of the remaining teams left in the playoffs. You can pick them all from one team, or mix and match from multiple teams, doesn't matter. Each week your players give you points based on how well they do.

Heres the catch though, the team you pick now will stick with you the entire playoffs and the winner is whoever has the most combined points after the Super Bowl. So in other words, not only do you have to figure out which players are the best, but you also need to figure out which teams will last the longest in the playoffs. Peyton Manning might be the best QB, but he's not going to do you any good the last two weeks if you think the Patriots are gonna beat the Colts next week. Likewise, if you think the Steelers are gonna win it all you might want to pick a lot of Steelers, but if they lose next week you're screwed.

Heres the scoring I'll have set up. I'm not worrying about negative points like fumbles and interceptions, and I'm gonna try to make it not so QB dominant by making QB touchdowns less and other player yardage more. All this is definately open to change if anyone wants to make it more or less complicated.

QB: 1 pt 25 yards trowing, 3 pt TD throwing, 1 pt 10 yards rushing, 6 pt TD rushing
WR, RB, TE: 1 pt 10 yards, 6 pt TD
K: 3 pts FG, 1 pt XP
Defense: 1 pt sack, 2 pts fumble/interception, 6 pts TD
All stats rounded down.

Also, I'm a little worried with us picking so many players we just might all get the same team, in which case we'll knock it down to just 1 running back and 1 receiver a piece. So list your favorite RB/WR first and we'll cut the second one if need be.

RoD
01-09-2005, 03:10 PM
my team wont choke till the nfc champ game, ass :P

B0bDole
01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
>sorry, RoD doesn't count since his Eagles will choke next week

SO TRUE, then RoD will owe me $20 AGAIN

RoD
01-09-2005, 03:23 PM
they wont choke

Govtcheez
01-09-2005, 03:30 PM
> SO TRUE, then RoD will owe me $20 AGAIN

I love how everytime someone even THINKS the word Eagles, you post this! It's fresh and hilarious and I'm sure RoD will get around to paying you very soon! Also, shut the hell up!

> they wont choke

I want Terrell Owens to show up on his gimpy ankle ala Curt Schilling and lead Philly to victory. That way the 2004 MLB season and 04-05 NFL seasons can be known as "The Year of the Ankle"

RoD
01-09-2005, 03:47 PM
lmfao, we dont even need to. I dont owe him 20 bucks, but i will if phi doesnt make it into the SB.

B0bDole
01-09-2005, 07:10 PM
>Also, shut the hell up!

yes sir :(

PJYelton
01-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok, now that the next round is settled, time to make my picks:

QB:Manning
WR: Wayne, Ward
RB: Bettis, Dunn
TE:Crumpler
K: Akers
Def: Atlanta

Kleid-0
01-09-2005, 08:07 PM
I've been wanting to try this, but I'm really new with Fantasy Football. How do I know what players are to match with:
QB:
WR:
RB:
TE:
K:
Def:
Is there a list I choose from? I'd really enjoy losing at this game! lol, perhaps I'll improve :)

RoD
01-10-2005, 12:27 AM
QB: brady
WR: bryant,brown
RB: Westbrook,faulk
TE: Chad Lewis
K: Vinatieri, Adam
Def: Steelers

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 07:22 AM
> WR: T.O.

First off, you didn't pick 2. Second, he's not even playing.

MadCow257
01-10-2005, 07:52 AM
>> Is there a list I choose from? I'd really enjoy losing at this game! lol, perhaps I'll improve :)
Do you mean like this? http://www.superbowl.com/playoffs/schedule
I think I'll make my team tonight. Can more then one person use the same guy?

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I hope so, since it wouldn't be really fair for PJ to get first pick just because he posted first.

ober
01-10-2005, 10:07 AM
QB:Roethlisberger
WR: Burress, Harrison
RB: Bettis, James
TE:Tuman
K: Feely
Def: Steelers

PJYelton
01-10-2005, 03:07 PM
RoD, you need another running back.

Yes, you can definately pick the same players as others, but try to make a team thats different from others by at least 2 players for obvious reasons.

To help everyone out I'll make a list of the available players when I get home tonight.

MadCow257
01-10-2005, 04:57 PM
QB: McNabb
WR: H. Ward, F. Mitchell
RB: J. Bettis, B. Westbrook
TE: L. Smith
K: J. Reed
Def: Eagles

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
QB: Manning
WR: Harrison, Ward
RB: THE BUS, Edge
TE: Crumpler
K: Mike "Drunken Moron" Vandejagt
Def: Pitt

B0bDole
01-10-2005, 06:49 PM
No one picked culpepper?? come on, he's UCF alumni :(

Govtcheez
01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
That wouldn't be a bad choice, but with the way Manning played yesterday, I can't not pick him, sorry. Especially since the Pats don't have Ty Law.

I don't know if Minn would have won yesterday had Favre not thrown all those picks. And what the hell was his move before halftime? Pass the ball forward when you're 4-5 yards past the line? Huh? He could have gotten close to the first down, or maybe even scored.

Cshot
01-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Here's my Pittsburgh/Atlanta team:

QB: Vick
WR: Burress, Ward
RB: Bettis, Dunn
TE: Crumpler
K: Reed
Def: Pittsburgh

I can't get myself to pick anyone from the Pats or the Colts. I can see the game going either way. I can see the winner of this thing being rewarded greatly with their risky pick. Gotta hope the Steelers can take them down though to limit the scoring.

PJYelton
01-10-2005, 09:02 PM
As much as I joke RoD, I don't see the Vikings beating the Eagles, thus no Culpepper. Atlanta beating them in the finals on the other hand... ;)

>>And what the hell was his move before halftime? Pass the ball forward when you're 4-5 yards past the line? Huh? He could have gotten close to the first down, or maybe even scored.<<

LOL, that was the funniest move I've seen since Plummers left handed heave-ho back in the beginning of the season!

For those still looking to make picks, this will make it easier:

Playoff Matchups:

AFC
New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots

NFC
St Louis Rams at Atlanta Falcons
Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles

Player Pool to choose from although feel free to pick somone not on this list:

QB's
Pennington(NYJ), Roethlisburger(PIT), Manning(IND), Brady(NE), Bulger(STL), Vick(ATL), Culpepper(MIN), McNabb(PHI)

WR's
S Moss(NYJ), McCareins(NYJ), Ward(PIT), Burress(PIT), Randel El(PIT), Harrison(IND), Wayne(IND), Stokely(IND), Branch(NE), Givens(NE), Patten(NE), Holt(STL), Bruce(STL), Price(ATL), R Moss(MIN), Burleson(MIN), Robinson(MIN), Pinkston(PHI), Owens(PHI)

RB's
Martin(NYJ), Bettis(PIT), Staley(PIT), James(IND), Dillon(NE), Faulk(STL), Jackson(STL), Dunn(ATL), Smith(MIN), Westbrook(PHI)

TE's
Baker(NYJ), Tuman(PIT), Clark(IND), Pollard(IND), Graham(NE), Manumaleuna(STL), Crumpler(ATL), Wiggens(MIN), Smith(PHI)

K's
Brien(NYJ), Reed(PIT), Vanderjadt(IND), Vinatieri(NE), Wilkens(STL), Feely(ATL), Andersen(MIN), Akers(PHI)

DEF's
Jets, Steelers, Colts, Patriots, Rams, Falcons, Vikings, Eagles

MadCow257
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
it looks like if the steelers die first round alot of your teams will be screwed :) This is sad that I'm cheering against a team because of fantasy football =/

PJYelton
01-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Only two more days for all of you to join this craze thats sweeping the nation!

Cshot
01-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Yay, I think my team scored 106 points this week. That Steelers game was a close call though.

QB: Vick (20)
WR: Burress, Ward (2, 16)
RB: Bettis, Dunn (18, 26)
TE: Crumpler (8)
K: Reed (8)
Def: Pittsburgh (8)

Oh yea, do QB's get points for reception yards? If they do I think I'll got 107 points ;)

PJYelton
01-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Haven't checked stats yet, but yeah if Vick got 10 yards receiving he'd get a point.

Holy crap the Steelers were lucky though, its hard to imagine they've won so many games in a row to just come out so flat today. Of course part of it was Roethlisbuger finally playing like a rookie. I can't imagine that poor Jets kicker ever being allowed within 50 miles of New York, he might as well pack his bags today.

Govtcheez
01-16-2005, 08:30 AM
> Of course part of it was Roethlisbuger finally playing like a rookie.

He's been doing that for a few weeks, though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6770

Look at his stats for the last few games (minus the Giants game). He hasn't been putting up spectacular stats or anything, but he's surrounded by a good, solid cast and consistently get it done. I look at it a lot like NE. There's no amazing players on either team, but they're solid and don't make a lot of mistakes. I think Roethlisberger is going to be a hell of a QB, but I'm not sure he's the superstar people are making him out to be. Yet.

Cshot
01-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I agree. Any average QB would also do well in the Steelers system. Might not have a winning streak like Roethlisberger but they'd still be playoff material.

Also, nm about my last post. I wouldn't have gotten any points for the QB reception. Thought we combined all rushing and reception yards for points but I guess they are scored separately.

PJYelton
01-16-2005, 12:27 PM
>>He's been doing that for a few weeks, though.<<

Yeah, you're right. I guarantee though that neither the Patriots or the Colts will let him get away with that next week. No way Roethlisberger throws like he did yesterday and the Steelers beat either of them.

Govtcheez
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
I think Peyton Manning is genuinely afraid of New England.

Darkness
01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't even know the rules of football or how football works.

Govtcheez
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Good thing you posted in this thread about football, then!

Darkness
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Good thing you posted in this thread about football, then!

LOL HAHA OMG ok ill stop :(

axon
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm, for one, glad that colts lost - I would hate it if a team with such a crummy defense would get into the superbowl... its all about the defense man - and thats why I think it'll be pats vs. flacons in the bowl. If so, I'm rooting for Pats as I hate Vick...can you imagine his ego if they would indeed win...consistency man!

RoD
01-17-2005, 12:06 AM
pbbth its so mcnabb in the sb duh

Govtcheez
01-17-2005, 06:30 AM
> its all about the defense man - and thats why I think it'll be pats vs. flacons in the bowl.

The Falcons have defense?

(not trolling, but I've never heard anything about the defense on the Mike Vick show)

PJYelton
01-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Damn, I really thought this was Indy's year. Man, the Patriots aren't flashy but they sure know how to get the job done. I have no doubt now that they will win the SB, and I'm with axon, it'll be against the Falcons.

MadCow257
01-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Woot, my steelers vs. eagles in the SB guess I made before the wildcard weekend still stands. As for the winner my money's on the steelers.

RoD
01-18-2005, 12:50 AM
the steelers cant play like that in the NFL and expect a SB shot, they're season is as good as over.

ober
01-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Don't count them out yet. They were iced for 2 weeks... of course they're gonna be a little rusty.... and damn did they ever show it. But I have faith they'll come back ready for NE and stomp some Brady mudpies all over em.

Govtcheez
01-18-2005, 09:19 AM
You know you can't bring that weakass stuff up in this humpty bumpty!

I misst Terry Tate :(

RoD
01-18-2005, 10:38 AM
i dont totally count out stl because of they're D, but they need more than that in NE and they aint got it right now.

B0bDole
01-18-2005, 10:45 AM
The Fans Are The Ones That Win

ober
01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
i dont totally count out stl because of they're D, but they need more than that in NE and they aint got it right now.Are you high??? WTF are you rambling about? STL is out, they never played NE, and won't again until next year. F man... they're not even in the same conference.

ober
01-18-2005, 12:18 PM
You know you can't bring that weakass stuff up in this humpty bumpty!

I misst Terry Tate :(

Terry Tate, Office Linebacker (fd.whproductions.com/Funny/TerryTate.wmv) Best Clip ever!

Warning: 16.3mb!!

Govtcheez
01-18-2005, 12:25 PM
I think I've got a bunch of them on my PC at home. I'll check tonight.

axon
01-18-2005, 04:53 PM
>>Are you high??? WTF are you rambling about? STL is out, they never played NE, and won't again until next year. F man... they're not even in the same conference.<<

I think he meant steelers...but who knows? :confused:

RoD
01-18-2005, 05:25 PM
i didnt feel like typing the whole team name geez, thnx for the clarification, axon.

Govtcheez
01-18-2005, 05:32 PM
I've got a rar made of 6 Terry Tate commercials. If someone's got a BT tracker that's public, I'll start a BT of it

(note: These were all freely available from Reebok's website, so I'm sure they're fine with distributing them)

ober
01-19-2005, 07:20 AM
You could just FTP them to my site.

And RoD... if you're going to be lazy, use something that can't be confused with something else.

Govtcheez
01-19-2005, 07:22 AM
It's like 90MB, so I didn't want to do that, but ok, I'll do it tonight.