PDA

View Full Version : About user ratings

Pages : [1] 2

Kleid-0
12-20-2004, 09:43 PM
So one day I was posting as normal, and then I see a red square right below my avatar on a post, at first I was like: "Red square! Nobody else has a red square next to their name, I must be special!" So I highlighted the red square, and the message said: "Kleid-0 is a segfault", what kind of sick joke is this!?

sean
12-20-2004, 09:51 PM
It's reputation system. On the left margin of someone's post you can add reputation and it can be positive or negative. The amount added depends on your own reputation, and probably post-count and the time you've been a member (though I'm not sure).

I'm guessing you're in the red purely for all the posts where you gave full source code with no explanation, but now that you've stopped that I don't think it'll be that long before you've got a green square or two.

edit: In your user CP is a list of the rep that's been added recently

edit: And don't get depressed just because you're being called a segfault. I can assure there are plenty others who somehow managed to get to multiple red squares and the title of compiler error after only a couple of posts.

sand_man
12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I was in the red at one stage :)

>>I'm guessing you're in the red purely for all the posts where you gave full source code with no explanation

You have to stop bumping old threads too.

Kleid-0
12-20-2004, 11:08 PM
You have to stop bumping old threads too.

That was after the red squares :( Well ya gotta make mistakes sometimes.

axon
12-21-2004, 12:04 AM
see, now you're in the green :)

kermi3
12-21-2004, 12:11 AM
the Red told you you'd made mistakes. You learned from them; you're now green.

doubleanti
12-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Niiice!!!

Mine says "doubleanti spreads joy"

Keep it right there =) I don't wanna be _King_ of the roost =)

Kleid-0
12-21-2004, 12:56 AM
I am now happy :) Thank you...But...I kind of liked the red better than the green..lol Because since it's Christmas! We've gotta have the red & green! We just can't have green all of the time you guys!

Brain Cell
12-21-2004, 04:31 AM
I am now happy :) Thank you...But...I kind of liked the red better than the green..lol Because since it's Christmas! We've gotta have the red & green! We just can't have green all of the time you guys!

ok guys lets give Kleid some bad reputation to make him happy :p

Govtcheez
12-21-2004, 06:39 AM
And now you're red again :)

the dead tree
12-21-2004, 07:24 AM
aehaheahe

Brian
12-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Niiice!!!

Mine says "doubleanti spreads joy"

Keep it right there =) I don't wanna be _King_ of the roost =)

Wait so you are a girl?

ober
12-21-2004, 08:37 AM
Heh. I put him back in the green.

dagdarian
12-21-2004, 08:56 AM
At least you got something, red or green. at least your noticed :..(

Govtcheez
12-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Heh. I put him back in the green.
Check out his posts in the politics threads. That's why I gave him red.

Brian
12-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Check out his posts in the politics threads. That's why I gave him red.

oh man

I think everyone should be whatever the current president is. Since George Bush is a republican & the president of the United States, then I believe everyone should say they're republican just so we all have the utmost respect for our current leader, and I bet that would help out with foreign affairs.

dagdarian
12-21-2004, 09:40 AM
In the US (or as it seems to the outside world) the people choose which person they like better (as a general mass) not their political party and their beleives. Charisma plays the biggest role in suitability for their leader, not policys.

sean
12-21-2004, 11:39 AM
We just can't have green all of the time you guys!

I think that's why they haven't banned cgod yet.

Govtcheez
12-21-2004, 01:28 PM
You're a moron.

edit: You make RoD look like a genius. I really mean it.

Kleid-0
12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Now THIS is Christmas power! 5 more red squares to go and I'll be just as cool as cgod!

Stack Overflow
12-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Heh,

Just don't get bored. Or end up like him (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/member.php?u=11878). :cool:

- Stack Overflow

-KEN-
12-21-2004, 04:16 PM
edit: Oh, fudge.

Kleid-0
12-21-2004, 06:36 PM
cgod NNOOO!!! WHY!! First you give him red candy, and then you ban him & change his name to Iambored, that is so cool! Did he swear too much?

Govtcheez
12-21-2004, 07:09 PM
OK, it was amusing at first, but now you need to stop.

DeepFyre
12-21-2004, 07:09 PM
well he did have like a million questions about making a trainer for Far Cry......It was about time he got screwed......(no offense to anyone)

B0bDole
12-21-2004, 08:03 PM
>I think that's why they haven't banned cgod yet.

wtf, who stole my old banned nick (cgawd)

Govtcheez
12-21-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah, that's a really original name.

B0bDole
12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
i usually go by BobDole everywhere else on the internet, I dont know why I picked cgawd, what, 2 years ago... oh well, I'm glad I got drunk and spammed then got banned, cause that name is lame.

Kleid-0
12-21-2004, 09:29 PM
Well I don't know, after what cgod did, with a name like cgod or cgawd, they're bound to be ultra cool! ;)
But they always get banned.. it must be fate.
--------------------------------

"Well he did have like a million questions about making a trainer for Far Cry"
->There is nothing wrong with that, he was a curious person.

7smurfs
12-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Well I don't know, after what cgod did, with a name like cgod or cgawd, they're bound to be ultra cool! ;)
But they always get banned.. it must be fate.
--------------------------------

"Well he did have like a million questions about making a trainer for Far Cry"
->There is nothing wrong with that, he was a curious person.
Well it is against the rules to post asknig for help on cheats for games, isn't it?

Govtcheez
12-22-2004, 06:30 AM
> Well it is against the rules to post asknig for help on cheats for games, isn't it?

I don't think so. It's a pretty stupid rule if it is one.

nvoigt
12-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Technically, hacking a game is against the games EULA and some laws. Practically, as long as you hack a single player game, no one cares. Have fun. Hacking a multi player game and cheating other players, while the same official offense, is frowned upon by the gaming community ( and me personally ).

However, if you don't start your post with "I'm going to build a CS bot", no one cares what you ask if there is an alternative reasonable explanation.

kermi3
12-22-2004, 01:34 PM
>>Well it is against the rules to post asknig for help on cheats for games, isn't it?

Yes, it falls under the boards anti-cracking rule.

Thantos
12-22-2004, 01:43 PM
What if you are asking for built in cheat codes (like how to find them) hmm kermi :)

Kleid-0
12-22-2004, 02:04 PM
However, if you don't start your post with "I'm going to build a CS bot", no one cares what you ask if there is an alternative reasonable explanation.

I read all of cgod's locked threads, pretty amazing lol. It looked like he was trying to create a trainer that includes a keylogger LOL, trying to pretend it was it was security protector inside of a folder called wallhack or something like that.

But as far as bots go, what if I created a topic called: "I'm going to build a bot for Sim Ant", now that would be ok right?

kermi3
12-22-2004, 02:31 PM
>>What if you are asking for built in cheat codes (like how to find them) hmm kermi

You're right Thantos, that is allowed, but working on external ones, cracking the game, or making trainers is not.

VirtualAce
12-22-2004, 02:51 PM
I doubt that you know enough to make a bot for anything. It's harder than you think. And as for trainers they are extremely difficult to make without having privileged information about the game - which is why I'm totally against them.

If you cheat you suck.
If you program something so others can cheat, you really suck.

Brian
12-22-2004, 03:14 PM
I doubt that you know enough to make a bot for anything. It's harder than you think. And as for trainers they are extremely difficult to make without having privileged information about the game - which is why I'm totally against them.

If you cheat you suck.
If you program something so others can cheat, you really suck.

Oh come on, some people just want to mess around and have fun in their own way. That's what games are for, right? Anyway, no lawyer would try to sue someone for making a game trainer, EULAs are very hard to hold up in court, and reverse engineering isn't illegal (http://www.chillingeffects.org/reverse/faq.cgi#QID195).

Thantos
12-22-2004, 03:17 PM
My rule of thumb: multi-player = cheating is bad m'kay
single-player = cheat to your hearts content

7smurfs
12-22-2004, 04:02 PM
My rule of thumb: multi-player = cheating is bad m'kay
single-player = cheat to your hearts contentI feel the same way, unless there is a way to get single player data online (I.E: Open Bnet for Diablo II).

B0bDole
12-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Threads get off topic on average around half way through the second page...

gcn_zelda
12-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I vote everybody gives negative rep to Thantos, Govt, and Prelude :P

They've gotta be cheating the system somehow :P

PS.

I was just kidding. Don't actually do that :P

B0bDole
12-23-2004, 12:06 AM
IRC, they kept giving eachother +rep, and when you have a lot of rep when you give rep it gives more, or something, IDK... I wish they all would give me +rep though :-D

gcn_zelda
12-23-2004, 01:24 PM
What the heck does IRC mean?

Thantos
12-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Internet relay chat. I think he meant IIRC

Govtcheez
12-23-2004, 01:36 PM
IRC, they kept giving eachother +rep, and when you have a lot of rep when you give rep it gives more, or something, IDK... I wish they all would give me +rep though :-D
You don't RC.

algi
12-23-2004, 01:40 PM
I hate ratings I got 3 bad ratings by the same person

B0bDole
12-23-2004, 02:37 PM
>Internet relay chat. I think he meant IIRC
yah

and it probably was someone else im thinking of, idk

bottome line. who freaking cares?

Just ignore the crap, its worse than when you had to have a certain amount of posts to change your "tagline" below your username. everyone, (including the old me, 3 yrs ago?) would just spam to get high enough post count to change it.

maybe im just high off wood chips. man im making less and less sense as i age.

Govtcheez
12-23-2004, 03:40 PM
> everyone, (including the old me, 3 yrs ago?) would just spam to get high enough post count to change it.

The only person I know of that did that is Xterria, and his posts were deleted after that.

sand_man
12-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Going back a bit... How did Iambored get banned after 5 posts? I read those posts and they werent offensive or dumb or anything.