PDA

View Full Version : I made fajitas!

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Hello there I am Govtcheez and if you're anything like me, you start to get hungry if you do not eat for long periods of time am I correct in this assumption? Today I started getting hungry several hours after not eating and I thought to myself "I should make myself some food and why not make some for my friends at cprog!" I decided this is a good idea, so off I go. I hope you like chicken fajitas because that is what you are getting!

Today I have decided to make chicken fajitas which are delicious and easy to make. Unfortunately I have to thaw out the chicken so we have to wait. The microwave helps this a lot, but still, I don't like waiting for the good food to get to my belly.

First, I gather my ingredients. Chicken (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/Chicken.jpg) is the most important part of a chicken fajita. You may think this is obvious, but even a master chef like me can make a mistake. One time I was out of chicken and tried hummus instead (because chickpeas are like chicken's cousin), and believe me, the results were not pretty. The next thing you need is sweat from mexican people (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/Mexijuice.jpg). You can tell this is good stuff because I am in Michigan and there is nowhere called Guadalupe Mountain around here. And also because it was on sale at Meijer. Mexican people don't want our jobs, they just want to import their sweat at low low prices! I'm sure we can all appreciate that :)

Now I combine the sweat and chopped up chicken (I would have taken a picture of me cutting the chicken but who do you think I am, Steven Seagal?) and place into a ziploc-baggie for marinidation (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/bagalicious.jpg). Trust me, it's just as delicious as it looks. This is the part I hate because I have to wait. I passed the time by watching poker on my brand new TV (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/TV.jpg). This is a commercial about buying internet cars, not poker (and that stupid woman Annie Duke won the tournament - I hate her).

After I wait for the sweat to get into my chicken parts, it is time to put it into a pan (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/Pan.jpg) and cook it. I am not cooking in this picture because I am not The Human Torch but I promise that I was cooking right after that. My chicken is brown because it is full of Mexicans. The chicken cooks fast and I prepare my other ingredients. To make a chicken fajita right, you must first add chicken to the tortilla, then sour cream (for glue) and then salsa and then hot sauce and then lettuce and then cheese. IN THAT ORDER! hehe sorry I am not really mad I just like my fajitas :) Anyways here (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/tuxedo.jpg) is my fajita - he is the belle of the ball!

Oh no, look out fajita! I am eating you! (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/mmmm.jpg)

That was delicious! Now I am going to drink beer and dream about fajitas!

Goodbye! (http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/Goodbye!.jpg)

PS I am sorry about the quality of the pictures because the fajitas melted my good camera

axon
11-27-2004, 05:20 PM
hehe...looks good bud. And congrats on the new TV.

but you need a better camera...are you using phone or a webcam?

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 05:22 PM
It's a webcam - my brother broke my digital :(

Lurker
11-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Single best thread EVER.

Now wheres MY damn fajita?

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry I had a beer to cool off the first fajita and then I had to have another fajita to get the temperature back up. Now I am just drinking lots of beer :)

edit: Tonight I am drinking Sam Adams Winter Ale, which is awesome.
edit 2: If anyone is in the Detroit area I will make you fajitas if you come over :)
edit 3: I'm out of beer now, sorry.

Darkness
11-27-2004, 06:44 PM
I am very perplexed. On one hand, my first instinct tells me you injected a large amount of heroin directly into your eyes sometime before posting, but on the other hand there's NO way you could have successfully marinaded anything. The only explanation: you are jesus.

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
That post made less sense than my original one :(

edit: I skillfully illustrated the marinading chicken, fyi

Zach L.
11-27-2004, 06:58 PM
I am very perplexed. On one hand, my first instinct tells me you injected a large amount of heroin directly into your eyes sometime before posting, but on the other hand there's NO way you could have successfully marinaded anything. The only explanation: you are jesus.
Ouch. :(

Lurker
11-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Haha, I don't NEED your damn fajitas. I just had 1 pound's worth of Taco Bells 1/2 pound beef and potatoes burrito. MMmmmmm/..........

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:06 PM
OK, that's disgusting. Don't equate Taco Bell with my Fajitas of Deliciousness +5, please.

Darkness
11-27-2004, 07:11 PM
That post made less sense than my original one :(

edit: I skillfully illustrated the marinading chicken, fyi

that was sort of the point, and I saw the pictures :)

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Are you at least on my side with regards to Taco Bell?

Darkness
11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
100% !

Lurker
11-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Ah ha! Look what I found!

http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/Fajita/fajitahead.jpg

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I couldn't think up a good caption to go with that one.

edit: I suppose this could be the "Govtcheez I am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am sillys himself out on webcam" thread"

Darkness
11-27-2004, 07:20 PM
I couldn't think up a good caption to go with that one.

edit: I suppose this could be the "Govtcheez I am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am sillys himself out on webcam" thread"

Yes, you are silly, lol.

Dammit I'm actually starting to get hungry.

edit:
now this is where it's at:

http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/000_0048.jpg

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:25 PM
http://fd.whproductions.com/Govt/Pictures/000_0048.jpg
By the end of the night I dove headfirst into that pool. Yes, it hurt.

Darkness
11-27-2004, 07:33 PM
I wish I was there so I could
a) eat some fajitas
b) have some* of what was in that pool
c) see my fajitas again later that night!

*all

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:37 PM
There weren't any fajitas at that party, stupid. Just beer and inflatable pool toys.

Darkness
11-27-2004, 07:40 PM
The point was, you'd make them for me ... asstard :p

Govtcheez
11-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Well that's a given. I'm all about contributing. All I'm contributing right now is my increasing drunkenness.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of beer in 3 beers. I'm not wearing any pants, and it's cold out :(

axon
11-27-2004, 08:35 PM
see what you did cheez...now everyone will raid Ob's FTP and see my naked pictures... ;)

novacain
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Did you say "a beer pool and inflatable toys."

My kind of party.

PS
I now know why you are called 'cheese'. Your surname is a brand name of cheese here (and a racial slur == the N word).

I will be calling you reverse charges, just push the fajjiata down the phone.
Home or cell?

B0bDole
11-28-2004, 11:47 AM
lol drunk posts are awesome

Last night my roomate and I got a bottle of everclear (151proof) and finished it watching all the extended versions of Lord of the Rings.... then I woke up this morning on the kitchen floor.... :-/ weird

reRanger
11-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, no offense to your creation (I love to cook :) ) but I despise most Mexican food (and did you know that fajitas are an American creation, not Mexican-- learned that worthless trivia from a Cuban owner of an authentic Mexican bistro) Maybe I should say, "I despise TEX-MEX food." I live in Texas and everyone worships this onslaught of constant leftovers. All the food is the same , just with a different name. This is not a flame, but if you want spice, try Indian. The best food in the world besides Middle Eastern! :D
reRanger

B0bDole
11-28-2004, 12:56 PM
>Cuban owner of an authentic Mexican bistro
How does that make sense

GanglyLamb
11-28-2004, 12:58 PM
B0bDole: it just doesnt just like this whole thread... :D

axon
11-28-2004, 01:03 PM
>>I despise most Mexican food

get off of my monitor :mad:

;)

Zach L.
11-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Well, no offense to your creation (I love to cook :) ) but I despise most Mexican food (and did you know that fajitas are an American creation, not Mexican-- learned that worthless trivia from a Cuban owner of an authentic Mexican bistro) Maybe I should say, "I despise TEX-MEX food." I live in Texas and everyone worships this onslaught of constant leftovers. All the food is the same , just with a different name. This is not a flame, but if you want spice, try Indian. The best food in the world besides Middle Eastern! :D
reRanger

You should try New Mexican food. :D

Govtcheez
11-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Did you say "a beer pool and inflatable toys."

My kind of party.You bet. It was a birthday party for the two people in the picture. The guy actually flew in from WA (about 3000 miles) for it.

PS
I now know why you are called 'cheese'. Your surname is a brand name of cheese here (and a racial slur == the N word).

I will be calling you reverse charges, just push the fajjiata down the phone.
Home or cell?
1) You have a cheese called "Coon"?
2) Where on there were you able to figure out my last name?
3) Yeah, when I make reservations at a restaurant, I usually put in my first name. It's caused fights before.
lol drunk posts are awesomeI didn't start drinking until after the fajitas were gone.

axon
11-28-2004, 02:37 PM
>>Where on there were you able to figure out my last name?

I didn't check....but I think you used to have your resume on there.

Lurker
11-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I recently tried Pakistani food. That's pretty good, too. I haven't tried many types of foods, but my favorites is American anyway :) .

XSquared
11-28-2004, 05:57 PM
>I didn't check....but I think you used to have your resume on there.
Indeed he does. "Development of a small, programmable data acquisition system". Interesting.

Govtcheez
11-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Hehe, whoops. Guess those don't need to be up any more.

Nosy bastards ;)

novacain
11-28-2004, 11:07 PM
>>2) Where on there were you able to figure out my last name?

careful what you leave lying around.

Like I said I will be calling reverse charges......

axon
11-28-2004, 11:36 PM
>>Nosy bastards

weird huh? on FD only ~15 people had regular access to that space...and now...all of a sudden *looks at the current members number* 12786!! :eek: :eek:

how yall like my avatars? ober wanted all of them uploaded..hehe

Govtcheez
11-29-2004, 05:40 AM
> Like I said I will be calling reverse charges......

Knock yourself out. I don't live at that address anymore; my parents are probably going to be wondering why the hell they are getting a phone call from Australia :)

ober
11-29-2004, 09:11 AM
Umm... FYI, if the pictures suddenly disappear, I'm switching hosting. But it won't occur until I can get to my damn nameservers and change them. Hopefully the interruption won't take long. In the mean time, I'll try to get everything setup to make the transition unnoticable.

RoD
11-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Annie Duke is hot though. How about that dude who lost off camera? :beep: :beep beep:

Govtcheez
11-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Annie Duke is hot though. She's a huge b*tch, though.

no-one
11-29-2004, 09:26 PM
freakin cam I am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am sillyI am silly...

RoD
11-29-2004, 11:18 PM
yea but id do it.

jverkoey
11-29-2004, 11:25 PM
The walmart picture directory's pretty hot :D :D

ober
11-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Who put that on there? :angel:

DrakkenKorin
11-30-2004, 03:03 PM
is that the way yall make fajitas up there?!?

sorry, but I wouldn't touch them even if i was starving.

you need to find you some REAL mexicans to make you some REAL fajitas, what you made was somewhat akin to taco bell.

is that why you drank beer? to kill the taste?

:p

Govtcheez
11-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey look, do I tell you how to goth?

Go hump a man, gothy mcgaymerson.

:(

axon
11-30-2004, 05:04 PM
>>Go hump a man, gothy mcgaymerson<<

:D

Lurker
11-30-2004, 05:12 PM
2 things.
1:

:D

2:
I bow down to you. The night I ate those burritos, I was puking until 3 in the morning. I BOW DOWN TO GOVTCHEEZ'S WISDOM.

DrakkenKorin
12-01-2004, 07:14 AM

:(
HOW DARE YOU! :mad:

WHY DO YOU LIMIT ME TO ONLY ONE?!

:eek:

;)

DavidP
12-03-2004, 01:03 PM
che cavolo?

questo č piu senza punto di altri messagi che ho visto!!!!

okay okay, sono un bugiardo, ci sono tanti piu messagi che sono stupidi....

allora, vi mostrerņ come di cucinare!!! la prossima volta che io decido di venire qua, porterņ fotografie del cibo che ho fatto e ho cucinato.

mwaha...sono il Padrone di cucinare. Mwahaha.

ma, quegli fajitas hanno sembrato buonissimo. ti do "props", Govt. mmm....fajitas.....yum....voglio.....

allora...uh...ci vediamo... :cool:

- l'Anziano in Italia