PDA

View Full Version : My appreciation toward Cboard

Stack Overflow
11-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Hello,

I wanted you to know how much I appreciate the assistance and support you provide and all your hard work. Your efforts have made this possible. Your contributions are important and commendable.

I appreciate the time and effort you expend on helping others, no matter the skill-level. Please offer my compliments and realize that your dedication and expertise has made this community possible.

There are those that keep the peace, lay down the rules, and seek help. All three tiers contribute to the longevity of this community, and am heartily honored to be apart of it.

I sincerely appreciate your time and attention,
- Stack Overflow

B0bDole
11-26-2004, 06:24 PM
>You've been drinking, haven't you? You're going to start hugging everyone soon and telling them that you love them, aren't you?

That's better than me when I drink, I tell people I love them then proceed to punch them in the face for stealing a napkin I never had to begin with.

Stack Overflow
11-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Heh,

I just wanted to congratulate Cboard. Just to show that I appreciate what they do, since most of there posts are dealing with newcomers consisting of code tags usage, punctuation correction, etc...

This is just to remind Cboard of what it has acheived and how we appreciate it. That's all.

P.S. I didn't wake up on the other side of the bed! Nor drinking. ;)

- Stack Overflow

axon
11-26-2004, 10:37 PM
>>You've been drinking, haven't you?<<

I say its ecstacy :) good ol' X.

hehe. Nice to hear kind words Stack...plus it is a good way to get rep++ ;)

and Stack, I also like your linear and very clear posts...esspecially the ones with bulleted lists :)

Stack Overflow
11-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback, axon.

I've always found that concise and clear posts with superb intellect help the reader follow my post with great understanding. First rules first: Spell, punctuate, and capitalize correctly. :cool:

- Stack Overflow

B0bDole
11-26-2004, 10:51 PM
thts jist stopid

JaWiB
11-26-2004, 11:11 PM
People who always use correct grammar on the internet make me uneasy...

Perspective
11-27-2004, 12:41 AM
People who always use correct grammar on the internet make me uneasy...

you mean people who don't not use correct grammer?

Stack Overflow
11-27-2004, 08:49 AM
you mean people who don't not use correct grammer? In today's standard English, double negatives are not used; for example the standard English equivalent of "I don't want nothing" is "I don't want anything".

It should, however, be noted that in standard English one cannot say "I don't want nothing" to express the meaning "I want something" unless there is very heavy stress on the "don't". :cool:

P.S. Just having fun. No beleaguerment intended.

- Stack Overflow

Lurker
11-27-2004, 09:58 AM
P.S. Just having fun. No beleaguerment intended.

Wha-who? Beleaguerment? What'd you just call me?

EDIT: My dictionary says it's some kind of insult...put up yer dukes!

abyssphobia
11-27-2004, 10:38 AM
Wha-who? Beleaguerment? What'd you just call me?

EDIT: My dictionary says it's some kind of insult...put up yer dukes!

mines says that is an action of annoying persistently, and also is an action of an armed force that surouds a fortified place :eek:

what kind of words you use Mr. Stack Overflow??

very difficult ones for non-English speakers :confused:

anyway nice posting!!

*********************ABYSS************************ **

Zach L.
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Hehe... I think they're difficult for English speakers too. :)
But, your posts are always crytal clear Stack (well... crystals tend to have lots of reflection planes and fairly opaque, so perhaps glassy clear would be more appropriate -- on the other hand, your posts are nice and ordered like a crystal lattice... I'd better stop talking now).

Stack Overflow
11-27-2004, 10:44 AM
In this particular case the word beleaguerment is used as the following:

To annoy persistently, trouble, or harass.

Since I corrected Perspective of his grammar, I wanted to inform him that I am not annoying or harassing him, rather it was just a joke.

Edit: Zach, thanks! :)

- Stack Overflow

Lurker
11-27-2004, 11:33 AM
AIR clear, my friend. Air clear.

Perspective
11-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Since I corrected Perspective of his grammar, I wanted to inform him that I am not annoying or harassing him, rather it was just a joke.

but if you saw the post i quoted it might make more sense as to why my grammer in that post was anti-good. ;)