PDA

View Full Version : CD as DVD

Liger86
11-12-2004, 12:37 AM
I got a little problem. I want to do a presentation on engine components for my friends and I was thinking of making a slide show. I don't got a projector but I got a big screen TV and DVD player.

I'm trying to find a way to make a "movie" of still pictures and burn them onto a CD not DVD and play it on my DVD player.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do that? All I need is a few dozen images on my TV screen played through a DVD like a movie.

Philandrew
11-12-2004, 02:19 AM
Most DVD players can read CD's for music. Maybe it can read it for pictures too?
Give it a try...only like .0005 cents per CD anyways :)

anonytmouse
11-12-2004, 03:04 AM
Does your DVD play VCDs?

Liger86
11-12-2004, 03:17 AM
VCD's? not sure, what if not?

anonytmouse
11-12-2004, 03:36 AM
>> what if not? <<

Find someone with a DVD burner or a DVD that plays VCD.

If you can't find your manual, you could try checking these lists.

VCD compatible DVD players (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=&Submit=Search&vcd=1&Search=Search&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25)

JPG compatible DVD players (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=&Search=Search&jpg=1&country=&orderby=Name&hits=25&Submit2=Search)

Liger86
11-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Is there a software that I can download that can make an MPEG movie out of still pictures?

Because I think DVD's come in MPEG format, so I think that if I make a MPEG movie and burn it onto a CD it will play it on my DVD player

sean
11-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Give download.com a try. They always have stuff like that. Just beware that there's more to making a DVD than simply burning the MPEG files onto your DVD. You'll probably need some more software to set up the data files necesarry to play it on a TV.

VCD is probably your best bet. Also look at other options you might have in your TV's manual. We got a big screen made by Sony, and it has a slot for Sony MemoryStick's - automatically does a slideshow of any picture files it finds on the drive.

Liger86
11-13-2004, 10:05 PM
It would be a lot easier if Windows movie maker could also produce MPEG and AVI and not just WMV (i think that's the format)

B0bDole
11-14-2004, 04:04 AM
>It would be a lot easier if Windows movie maker could also produce MPEG and AVI and not just WMV (i think that's the format)
as i recall you can load other codecs up and use those...or maybe I'm confusing it with something else (been 2+ yrs)