PDA

View Full Version : CD BURNER..in the microwave.



caroundw5h
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
So that's what i did, cause i was feeling reckless and wanted to watch the fireworks. Now my girl is yaking it up on the phone with her girl, saying it was the stupidiest move i've ever pulled cause the house smelled awful and still does. she's like "what kind of poisionous toxins have you released in the air"

are there any?? toxins i mean. the house does smell pretty bad.
But the fireworks was worth it!!! :D

Zach L.
11-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Well... It's certainly possible. Out of curiosity, why didn't you plug the microwave in outside and blow it up there?

Govtcheez
11-10-2004, 08:58 PM
You just melted plastic, of course there's crap in the air now. It's not gonna kill you or anything (unless you start huffing it or something dumb), but you might get a headache, I guess.

sean
11-10-2004, 09:15 PM
I would just ventilate your house really well for a good 8 hours or so. And next time you do this, just do it smarter. Put the CD on a paper towel or something and have an open door near by where you can just toss the CD before it stinks up the house.

DeepFyre
11-10-2004, 09:38 PM
It would probably be pretty harmful to children though, so if you have any, make sure there feeling all right :rolleyes:

whackaxe
11-11-2004, 03:22 AM
the last time i inhaled any smoke from a burning electrical applicance, i got a nose bleed :p

caroundw5h
11-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Well... It's certainly possible. Out of curiosity, why didn't you plug the microwave in outside and blow it up there?
Now why would I do that?


I put the cd on a paper towel and then shot it out. but god did it stink, i kept smelling it all last night. My girl has these incense thingy's and even two of those didn't work "do you have to make it linger..." awful... :rolleyes:

Govtcheez
11-11-2004, 11:06 AM
You did take pictures for us, right?

Because if you didn't, you have to do it again.

Brian
11-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Amongst other things, chlorine gas is released when you melt certain plastics :)

Darkness
11-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Did your parents have any other children that lived? Evolution is SUCH a pain in the arse

caroundw5h
11-11-2004, 11:55 AM
You did take pictures for us, right?

Because if you didn't, you have to do it again.
sorry :( my girl didn't want me to touch her digital camera.
BUT... I can do it again. :D

Zach L.
11-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Well, we can presume that it wasn't chlorine that was smelling bad. :)

sean
11-11-2004, 12:34 PM
There was an Honorable Mentioned awarded to a man in the Darwin Awards because he cleaned out his RV Toilet after many years of it just sitting there with bleach. Bleach and decayed urine has a nastly little tendency to turn into a rapidly expanding cloud of chlorine gas. He passed out shortly after escaping...

PJYelton
11-11-2004, 12:59 PM
>>sorry my girl didn't want me to touch her digital camera.<<

Don't blame her, it might end up in the microwave.

Lurker
11-11-2004, 01:51 PM
the last time i inhaled any smoke from a burning electrical applicance, i got a nose bleed :p

That's from your brain. The brain cells explode violently on contact with the dangerous smoke.

vasanth
11-11-2004, 02:12 PM
That's from your brain. The brain cells explode violently on contact with the dangerous smoke.I hope you are joking...

Govtcheez
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
I hope you are joking...
You've never seen a smoker's head just pop?

The doorway to my office is littered with people that used to work here. :(

whackaxe
11-11-2004, 02:24 PM
yeh, did have a headache after that. oh well i'm still here!