PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Kid

Zach L.
10-07-2004, 10:14 PM
BARSTOW, California (AP) -- An 11-year-old attacked her baby sitter with a machete during a struggle that included attempts by the girl to grab a baseball bat, a shovel and a BB gun, investigators said.

The girl fled on a bicycle after the attack but was arrested about an hour later and booked for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon, said Sgt. Doug Hubbard, of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

The 34-year-old sitter telephoned deputies after fending off the Tuesday attack and locking herself and the girl's 12-year-old sister in the bathroom of the Mojave Desert home, Hubbard said.

No serious injuries were reported.

The girl and the sitter had gotten into an argument over feeding a dog, and the girl began to beat and choke the animal, Hubbard said. The sitter tried to pry the girl off the dog.

The scuffle moved to the front yard, where the girl grabbed a shovel and then a baseball bat in an attempt to attack the woman, Hubbard said. The girl next found a BB gun, but the woman got it away from her, he said.

The altercation continued until the girl found the machete lying in the yard and began to chase the woman, who took refuge in the bathroom, Hubbard said.

That's umm... A bit odd.

scrappy
10-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow, kids really seem to be f-ed up these days

GanglyLamb
10-08-2004, 04:55 AM
Actually i think kids are bored these days, they should just start programming, at least they will have something on their hands ...

Dante Shamest
10-08-2004, 05:41 AM
She must have been babysitting Wednesday Addams.

prog-bman
10-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Ah the days of chasing my babysitter with a machete, anyways. Kids are not bored gangly, They just are not raised right anymore and they fell that they are in control cause parents don't care about them and let them do what they want cause the parents don't want to have to deal with the kids.

Govtcheez
10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Who the hell leaves a machete in the yard?

GanglyLamb
10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Correct prog-bman...

I agree on that one but you can not imagine something like this happening like 50 years ago do you??
Then children were still going to work as soon as they could work...and make money for the family...
They are just spoiled i have seen alot in this world ( been to third world countries ) and i do have to say i like how they deal with children in those countries...( in some ways not all ).
Also paying too much attention and caring too much about your child can cause this kind of thing, i go and babysit often ( tomorow evening as well to be precise ) and those kids will always say: " But mammy said we could...." Then i just say : " Look i aint ya mammy or daddy so im the one in charge here"...or something like that ...never had a kid chasing me with an axe or crossbow / sword like thing actually...

Aaah come to think about maybe ill get shot tomorow evening while babysitting, ill just go and buy a bulletproof vest, u neber know...

major_small
10-08-2004, 06:15 AM
I find it worse that a 34-year old can't handle an 11-year old...

ober
10-08-2004, 06:16 AM
That is EXACTLY the question I was going to post. WTF?

GanglyLamb
10-08-2004, 06:21 AM
Well you know media, maybe it was just a big kitchenknife.

Govtcheez
10-08-2004, 06:29 AM
So someone just left a big kitchen knife in their yard?

vasanth
10-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Well kids in the US are really different... If a kid in India picks up something like that he/she will surely get some spankings.....

prog-bman
10-08-2004, 06:31 AM
Don't you govtcheez. I mean come on who knows when your in your front yard that you might need to slice some onions :D

Govtcheez
10-08-2004, 06:39 AM
> Don't you govtcheez. I mean come on who knows when your in your front yard that you might need to slice some onions

I dont' have a yard :(

Rouss
10-08-2004, 08:14 AM
I had a few machetes in my yard growing up... We just used them to make paths through the woods behind our house, or to kill snakes. I grew up in a small rural town by the way... But I can't say I ever attacked anyone with a machete...

major_small
10-08-2004, 08:19 AM

I dont' have a yard :(

riight... :rolleyes:

Govtcheez
10-08-2004, 08:31 AM
OK, I have a yard. The problem is that it's out my front window and 30 feet down. And my apartment complex would be upset if I left anything there, since they call it "landscaping"

Zach L.
10-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Landscaping, eh? Well, I suppose leaving instruments of death in your front yard could be quite artistic. :p Now, I'm sure I can find a guillotine on eBay... Hmm... I can claim I mulch trees with it... very slowly. ;)

the dead tree
10-10-2004, 08:46 AM
To me the problem seens to be that people these days are not so capable of being fond of things. Most young adolescent people I see are so cold even when handling their best friends, itīs like all is based on conveniences.
And this is a case where saying "these days" is really not just a misguided way of speaking, I really donīt think things like those were so common before.
Then again, maybe TV is looking for those kind of news more often, or there's just more people on the world.

sean
10-10-2004, 09:22 AM
Personally I blame TBS.

Well kids in the US are really different... If a kid in India picks up something like that he/she will surely get some spankings.....

The term, "California Parents" has become common-place. "Just the the children express themselves".