PDA

View Full Version : incrementation of "Homework" threads

GanglyLamb
10-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Why is it that people still try to just write their whole assigment down onto the boards...

I just cant figure out their motivation.
I dont want to start any flaming thread but i would appreciate it if the "homework" posters would be kind enough to answer this question for me.

Lately Ive seen more homework threads then something else...
+ I dont even think they need to write it down since they are obviously following an IT course their lecturer must have put the assignment online, thus making it easier for them to just copyn past.

@moderators: How on earth do you guys keep up with replying onto those threads?
If i would be mod i would instantly close those threads or just remove them...

I just dont know, anybody who feels the same as me ...
(feels like a plague->it spreads)

Greets,

Ganglylamb.

Govtcheez
10-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Schools just restarted; that'd be the reason for the increase. It's impossible to win this game. During the summer, all the little kids are running around and spamming the place up, and the rest of the year, they're asking for homework help. Wonderful.

Salem
10-06-2004, 06:46 AM
You mean like this inept soul who can't read board rules?
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=57556

> How on earth do you guys keep up with replying onto those threads?
Easy - the amount of thought on the answer is related to the amount of effort put into the original post.
Homework dumps get a stock answer, ignored or flamed depending on the mood of the moment.

GanglyLamb
10-06-2004, 06:57 AM
You mean like this inept soul who can't read board rules?
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=57556
It was exactly that post that made me go mad about it, that one should be the longest "homework" thread ive ever seen...

Actually I am going to do a search and look for the longest "homework" thread around on this board...

Maybe ill end up with something like:

"Hey I am actually in my last year and my final project is to make a simple OS can plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss
somebody do this whole thing for me,
yeah i know im very lazy and i dont know jack
about programming but still just do it for me.
PS: NO you are not going to get paid for this job.
PS2: Oooh before i forgot since im too lazy i was also too lazy to post it earlier on a board, its due to tomorrow so just get down to it and start the coding."

If i would find anything like that i already know my new signature.

Greets,

Ganglylamb.

::edit::
this one is getting close to the example given above
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=50034&highlight=homework

VirtualAce
10-06-2004, 07:46 AM
But hey they are all 'toppers' at their respective universities. That's why they have to come ask lower,dumber, more inferior species to help them - namely - us.

;)

JarJarBinks
10-06-2004, 07:52 AM
THERE SHOULD BE, a section under the programming
boards, specifically for homework, that way, HOPEFULLY
anyone who reads will post homework in there and
not the C/C++ boards, that way the people who
want to help then can go to that specific section,
and those who dont arent incovienced by it being posted
in the regular section.

jverkoey
10-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Or....we could make some sort of thing that would recognize certain keywords like "homework" "help me" etc....and when they're found, we grab the IP of that computer, call the ISP and figure out their address, then convert that address to GPS coordinates, hack in to the nearest missile silo, and launch one or two missiles at their house, then we just sit back and eat some popcorn and watch the show :D

major_small
10-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I don't mind helping on homework, as long as they don't want us to do it for them... if they want explanation of what to do or help on how to go about doing something, I would be happy to give them a little help...

JarJarBinks
10-06-2004, 08:00 AM
then we just sit back and eat some popcorn and watch the show :D

Unless your house is close to theres, then you sit back and die to..

But yea, im just saying for a more practical solution.

Shadow
10-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Or....we could make some sort of thing that would recognize certain keywords like "homework" "help me" etc....and when they're found, we grab the IP of that computer, call the ISP and figure out their address, then convert that address to GPS coordinates, hack in to the nearest missile silo, and launch one or two missiles at their house, then we just sit back and eat some popcorn and watch the show :DI thought you were going to say report it to their school, but that's much more effective! :D

VirtualAce
10-06-2004, 08:04 AM
Or....we could make some sort of thing that would recognize certain keywords like "homework" "help me" etc....and when they're found, we grab the IP of that computer, call the ISP and figure out their address, then convert that address to GPS coordinates, hack in to the nearest missile silo, and launch one or two missiles at their house, then we just sit back and eat some popcorn and watch the show

I'm game. Let's start coding the software for it.

Govtcheez
10-06-2004, 08:31 AM
I'll post in the recruitment board about it. I can't code, but I've got good ideas and I like bossing people around!

PJYelton
10-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Good, I've got a homework assignment on that very thing due tomorrow. When you guys are done coding it, could you send it to me? Oh, and use lots of comments in case my teacher asks me to explain it.

GanglyLamb
10-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Never thought brainstorming on cprogramming.com could be that productive.

And i have to second JarJarBinks so if you can just make some kind of database with GPS coordinates of non-homework posters...else I might be enjoying the show from somewhat too close...

Greets,

Ganglylamb.

Salem
10-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Perhaps the Cprog Obfuscated Homework Answers project.

Working answers to common homework questions, but written in such a way that only the most gullible of assessors will believe that it is the original work of the student.

The first step is to think of a better acronym :D

Perspective
10-06-2004, 02:29 PM
The first step is to think of a better acronym :D
HOARSE

Half-ass Obfuscated Answers and Ridiculous Solutions for Education

Thantos
10-06-2004, 02:31 PM
ARSE

Asinine Riddle Solutions for Education

PJYelton
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
LAZYASS

Lampoonish Answers Zestfully Yearned by All Stupid Students

GanglyLamb
10-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Lol why not i like all the name though...hard to choose...
No really are we really defenseless against these kind of posts??

pablo615
10-06-2004, 03:46 PM
I hope the vote for best acronym doesn't come down to a recount...this is gonna be a tough campaign :)

Lol why not i like all the name though...hard to choose...
No really are we really defenseless against these kind of posts??

Unless a mod wants to spend their time trawling and deleting as soon as their posted, then it will be an annoyance. Perhaps a next gen AI bot which can actually detect direct homework copies and delete them automatically would be cool. I'd post it in the help wanted section, but I don't have time to work on it myself, so that would be jackassish (I made up a new word) :) of me.

PK

VirtualAce
10-06-2004, 08:23 PM
OMG LOL. You guys cracking me up. Hey cheez, I'll help with the project. I can't code either but I've got some really good ideas.

;)

ZakkWylde969
10-06-2004, 09:08 PM
I thought you were going to say report it to their school, but that's much more effective! :D

Of course to watch the show you would have to also add a section of code that positions goverment satelite video recorders to create a web broadcast to spread over the web if we wanted to sit back, eat popcorn, and watch