PDA

View Full Version : Magazine subscriptions

axon
09-13-2004, 03:57 PM
which magazine(s) do you guys subscribe to or buy regularly? I'm curious about the span of interest among programmers.

I subscribe to four:

1. Popular Science - I like popsci the most. Cool stories from every aspect of the science world.
2. Seed - I subscribed to this very new magazine after reading the first issue about a year and a half ago. It is published every two months, and they are still finding their style. I doubt that I will renew my subscription after this one is over.
3. Car and Driver - I've been subscribing to C&D for about 7 years now. The magazine has been on a down slide lately, but is still the best car mag around IMO.
4. Writer's Magazine - great mag for writers and authors; a lot of great info and help

I also buy other Writer's magazines, depending on what is in the issue.

Govtcheez
09-13-2004, 04:04 PM
How much is a popsci subscription? Right now I only get Computer Gaming World, but I rarely read it. I've got close to 100 back issues at my parents house, though. I was thinking about getting popsci or New Scientist.

axon
09-13-2004, 04:09 PM
New Scientist is too "scientific" IMO... popsci has more of an edge.

as for the cost, it's $21.95 for 24 issues. Not too bad. I'm not sure how much I paid but I got a 3 year deal special deal offered for Christmas.

Govtcheez
09-13-2004, 04:10 PM
So, is that 2 years, monthly? That's a pretty good deal.

I know that PopSci's got more of an edge, that's why it's "Pop", heh. I still can't decide, though.

axon
09-13-2004, 04:14 PM
yup, monthly...so less then a buck an issue.

Zach L.
09-13-2004, 04:28 PM
1. Aviation Week & Space Technology (Weekly aviation and space industry magazine)
2. IFR Magazine (Magazine about instrument flying)
3. AOPA Pilot (General flying magazine)
4. Scientific American