PDA

View Full Version : +/- Rep Points

jrahhali
09-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Just curious as what was your biggest drop/raise in rep points in the duration of a few days? I just dropped -25 yesterday...I still have yet to understand why. :confused:

adrianxw
09-11-2004, 02:31 AM
>>> still have yet to understand why

If you click on your UserCP link, you can see your recent reputation comments, assuming whoever gave the points bothered to comment of course.

Shadow
09-11-2004, 05:30 AM
> what was your biggest drop/raise in rep points in the duration of a few days?
I raised 13 points in one rating. Is this because someone with a high reputation gave me a good mark?

axon
09-11-2004, 06:23 AM
shadow, check now :)

Micko
09-11-2004, 07:15 AM
I'm wondering if someone gets a bad reputation such as compiler error and etc is he having negative points or what?
Second, is there any reward for collecting rep points. What are they for?

Prelude
09-11-2004, 07:15 AM
You people actually take the time to figure out how many points you make/lose in a timespan? :confused:

GanglyLamb
09-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Second, is there any reward for collecting rep points. What are they for?
The one with the highest rep at the end of every year gets a free compiler of choice + any OS of choice, and if you thought that wasn´t enough then cprogramming still gives you 10,000 $ cash !!!

:D I wish it was only so...:D

kermit
09-11-2004, 08:38 AM
my OS and compiler of choice are already free...

$10,000 would be nice though... :D

webmaster
09-11-2004, 09:12 AM
The one with the highest rep at the end of every year gets a free compiler of choice + any OS of choice, and if you thought that wasn´t enough then cprogramming still gives you 10,000 $ cash !!!

:D I wish it was only so...:D
Let me assure you that if that were the case, my own reputation would be *considerably* higher.

kermi3
09-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Different people have different amounts of reputation power depending on their join date, post count, and reputation. That means some people may not be able to effect your reputation at all and others can change you by 25 people at all.

There is no award for reputation.

My suggestion is that people just forget about reputation and live your life on the board. If you do that, then I think you'll find that your reputation will be just fine.

sean
09-11-2004, 09:25 AM

Although most of the people on this board would probably choose Dev-C++ and a Linux distro.

Shadow
09-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Its a pity we cant have a poll. Dont think you can on this forum anyway.

JimbobHmmm

whackaxe
09-11-2004, 09:54 AM
i quote (a bit)

"The first rule of Rep points is . . . you do not talk about Rep points."

they're like mimes, they'll only move when you aren't looking

sean
09-11-2004, 10:24 AM
they're like mimes, they'll only move when you aren't looking

That, and you either really like them or really hate them.

Vicious
09-11-2004, 11:59 AM
That and they keep eatin my dog... seriously, I cant find my dog.

But...
Thats probably because I dont have one.

I only started getting rep points like a month ago.

Because I wasnt on the forums for a year. They didnt have rep points back then.

gcn_zelda
09-11-2004, 02:04 PM
That, and you either really like them or really hate them.

Or you're gollum and both like and hate them.

jrahhali
09-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by GanglyLamb

I wish it was only so...

hmm..Some people might find achieving that is impossible. Solution? Something free for for the lowest rep points too! :D

Zach L.
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
hmm..Some people might find achieving that is impossible. Solution? Something free for for the lowest rep points too! :D
Public floggings! ;)

Thantos
09-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Considering I have both, would that mean I would get my money while being flogged?

caroundw5h
09-11-2004, 10:20 PM
My suggestion is that people just forget about reputation and live your life on the board. If you do that, then I think you'll find that your reputation will be just fine. Wouldn't it be cool if they weren't on here in the first place??

quzah
09-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if they weren't on here in the first place??What, people, or reputation? ;)

Quzah.

sean
09-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Now, no one can beat my reputation.

Jimbob
Oh no?

http://cboard.cprogramming.com/member.php?u=11878

Silvercord too, but he's banned so it'll be hard to find one of his posts...

kermit
09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
silvercord was banned? when did that happen?

caroundw5h
09-12-2004, 08:35 AM
What, people, or reputation? ;)

Quzah. I won't even go there.
:p

sean
09-12-2004, 08:42 AM
silvercord was banned? when did that happen?

I don't know. Hard to say. But do a board search with the username SilverCord and you'll find all his posts. I was going to look for the most recent one, but a bunch of idiots seemed to have gone on a bumping spree and it's all out of order.

gcn_zelda
09-12-2004, 09:28 AM
I noticed a lack of Silvercording lately, but I didn't know he had been banned. What was his offense?

sean
09-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Beats me. Any one had luck finding his most recent post?

edit: http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=53003&page=1&pp=15

That appears to be it. Let the speculation begin.

Perspective
09-12-2004, 09:39 AM
I noticed a lack of Silvercording lately, but I didn't know he had been banned. What was his offense?

he went crazy and went on a spamming spree filling GD with crap. He also took the time to say how much better he was than everyone else and how there was no one here that could possibly teach him anything because he is such an amazing game programmer :rolleyes:

Many of his posts were deleted.

caroundw5h
09-12-2004, 09:58 AM
he went crazy and went on a spamming spree filling GD with crap. He also took the time to say how much better he was than everyone else and how there was no one here that could possibly teach him anything because he is such an amazing game programmer :rolleyes:

Many of his posts were deleted. Maybe he was a genius?
:o

whackaxe
09-12-2004, 11:13 AM
there was also C+++C_forever but he disabled his rep :p

Micko
09-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey, what happened with C+++C_forever anyway?

Prelude
09-12-2004, 03:58 PM
>Hey, what happened with C+++C_forever anyway?
Last I remember he was talking about moving on to another language. He probably thought he mastered C++. ;)

EvBladeRunnervE
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
As for Silvercord, he thinks he knows everything about everything that he touches. For example, he joined ROTC, never touched a gun before; so of course he is telling me, a gun-owner/user for years that the M16-A2 is the best thing since sliced bread. I told him how many of our men have died overseas because the bullet is like an ice-pick and unlike the old M16, the current one fails to put enough yaw on the bullet(after impact) to cause any damage enough in the target(standing after being shot with 4-5 rounds is common) ; of course he spouts the standard military garbage about the weapon, failing to realize that the military is not going to tell you your gun sucks when it is all you will be using in combat.

He is going to go real far with that attitude :rolleyes:

Perspective
09-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Maybe he was a genius?
:o

well, he could put tutorial code together better than anyone i know :p

caroundw5h
09-12-2004, 08:21 PM
well, he could put tutorial code together better than anyone i know :p

Well I can't condone his attitude, espeacially with that gun thing but if he was smart - he was smart. I remember i still even have a quote from him that i wanted to put as my signature
"and just to show off, here's some of my ray tracing code for colliding particles against brushes
in a binary space partitioned world!"

----silvercord c.Programming.com

I thought that quote was crazy :eek: but then again i'm easily impressed. Even with stuff like prelude coding about 20 lines of code to implement a linked list without pointeres. WhadoI know? :D

khpuce
01-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Okay guys...back to the original topic...

That means some people may not be able to effect your reputation at all and others can change you by 25 people at all.

Hmmm... I REALLY doubt that. Why don't someone with such power give me a good reputation and make me believe that its true ? :rolleyes:

P.S. I truely know and believe that it works for negative reputation. So, please don't try to show me your power by giving me a negative one.... :eek:

VOX
01-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Heh, all I know is that some poeple go crazy with rep points. I know from experience that some people here are extremely biased on how to program. I got lots of crap (4 negative comments) because I included conio.h? What the heck? You are trying to help me make it work for me, not for you! :eek:

axon
01-01-2005, 12:27 PM
nice bump khpuce!!

and as far as I know the rep system works in a way that a person has the same rep power whether giving negative or positive. This power for was extremely big upto a few weeks ago for people with large reputations - mine was close to 80-something, Thantos' was almost a 100 - this, however, has been changed recently, so that our rep distribution didn't effect people in such a huge way with a couple of hits. :) Check your rep, it should be raised by about 30, just to prove my point :)

sean
01-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Thread closed for bump

edit: Sonofa

axon
01-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Thread closed for bump

edit: Sonofa

ROFLMAO...sean, was the mountain dew too much for you yesterday at the dance? or did the girl already screw with your head? :D :D :D

Thantos
01-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Actually khpuce isn't the orginal bumper.

It appears are little friend is back
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/member.php?u=13167

axon
01-01-2005, 01:09 PM
wow, what a creative ay to change his name :rolleyes: I still can't believe he realised what was actually happening to him and why no one responded to his posts :p

Govtcheez
01-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Closed due to popular demand
edit:

did the girl already screw with your head?

Actually she never showed up. Or so I'm told.