PDA

View Full Version : How much do you like programming?

polonyman
09-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Hi, as the name suggests, post how much you enjoy programming and also vote on the poll. Thankyou.

Prelude
09-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I enjoy programming quite a bit, but in the future would you please post threads like this in the General Discussion forum?

prog-bman
09-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Programming sucks I don't know why I even do it now that I think about it I suck man thats it im killing myself :)

Zach L.
09-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Programming... Good stuff! :)

axon
09-10-2004, 10:37 AM
I could see myself programming for the next 15-20 years...but not more.

Salem
09-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Moved to the right forummmmmmm

GanglyLamb
09-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Iīm a member of cprogramming and i program quite a bit but to be honest man programming is a pain in the "buttocks" :-d, in short: donīt ever start programming its a waste of time:D

Vicious
09-10-2004, 12:05 PM
I like programming...
I like it alot....
I like it more...
Than a piece of snot...

If i ever....
Had to quit...
Id be so mad...
I could spit...

Brian
09-10-2004, 01:42 PM
I don't like programming I think it is stupid and everyone who writes programs is also stupid.

abyssphobia
09-10-2004, 01:43 PM
I love programming
like my eyes,
Like my sense of how everything is done.
Since I was a child, I have been close to programming,
Because my dad is a programmer,
and my boyfriend is,
and my friends, and it's the preferent topic of speak about,
and well we knew differents lenguages,
My dad cobol, and assembler
my boyfriend visual basic
and my friends are mixed,
and I just C++(Im trying so hard to be good at.) , and qbasic.

P.S. Forgive my English. =)

ober
09-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Where's the option that says "I have 2 jobs doing it already"? I program at my main job, and then I program at home for a little extra cash. So I guess you could say I'm slightly obsessed, and will definately make a career out of it.

Vicious
09-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Ah I finally get what 5|-|1+|-|34|) is... jeez it took me 2 years.

VirtualAce
09-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Programming sucks I don't know why I even do it now that I think about it I suck man thats it im killing myself

LOL. ROFL. :D :D :D

Ok let me compose myself after reading that. Pretty funny. :) I've felt like that about a million times while coding......programming is awesome.

No its not easy.
No its not always fun.
Yes it is very rewarding.

I want to make a career of it....but so far that has not happened. In particular I'm going to apply at some game companies - games are my passion. I think it's because I get to create with them - if we didn't have computers I'd probably be a writer or an artist. I love to create.

prog-bman
09-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Bubba how the heck do you not have a job in the game industry already? dude you OWN!

axon
09-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Ah I finally get what 5|-|1+|-|34|) is... jeez it took me 2 years.

damnit, where is the :youreslow: smilie :p

sean
09-10-2004, 04:37 PM
This is kinda like the time I had no idea what l33t was or how you were supposed to pronounce ROFLMFAO, but what does 5|-|1+|-|34|) mean?

Vicious
09-10-2004, 05:26 PM
5 = S
|-| = h
3 = e
1 = i
4 = a
+ = t
|) = D

The Brain
09-10-2004, 06:08 PM
we have been assimilated.

ZakkWylde969
09-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Most people that take the time to actually learn the language have a devotion to it. I'm not a computer nerd anymore, but I still can't leave the C++ world. It's like having a child, you put so much damn time into it, you can't help but love it.

Prelude
09-10-2004, 06:31 PM
>It's like having a child, you put so much damn time into it, you can't help but love it.
Do you have children? Because that's not really the sensation I get from people who do. ;)

ZakkWylde969
09-10-2004, 06:40 PM
>It's like having a child, you put so much damn time into it, you can't help but love it.
Do you have children? Because that's not really the sensation I get from people who do. ;)

Hahaha, nope, but I do put up with a lot of little kids if that's close enough :p

sean
09-10-2004, 06:53 PM
You know, the students at a High School in near-by town, Eaton, voted the beaver as their mascot. It was only afterwards that parents and faculty realized that they would then be the Eaton Beavers. I was apparently the only one in the whole school that didn't get the joke without having had it explained. So do I want to know what Sheiatd means?

Vicious
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
rofl, sean, my post was simply a decyphering... its up to you to put it together...

Its kinda like craphead... only with more shiznit.

[clue] its not sheiatd

caroundw5h
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
You know, the students at a High School in near-by town, Eaton, voted the beaver as their mascot. It was only afterwards that parents and faculty realized that they would then be the Eaton Beavers. I was apparently the only one in the whole school that didn't get the joke without having had it explained. So do I want to know what Sheiatd means?

That's hilarious
:p I too don't know what sheiatd means or its correlation to the thread. Actually for that matter. I don't know if this thread is really pertinent. Isn't a pretty good assumption most ppl on here, or at least those with significant number of posts will actually enjoy programming - or at least learning for that matter. :confused: not trying to troll just wondering??? :rolleyes:

kermit
09-10-2004, 07:17 PM
That's hilarious
:p I too don't know what sheiatd means or its correlation to the thread. Actually for that matter. I don't know if this thread is really pertinent. Isn't a pretty good assumption most ppl on here, or at least those with significant number of posts will actually enjoy programming - or at least learning for that matter. :confused: not trying to troll just wondering??? :rolleyes:

nah, you are trolling ;)

just kidding

What would be considered obsessive about programming though? Staying up working on a problem til about 3 and then up again at 6 to go work construction, and since you are so tired you need to set two clocks, just to be sure to wake up, and that does not even always work? Or you know, something like that...that is just my thoughts when I wonder what obsessive is..

haha

damn this keyboard sucks....