PDA

View Full Version : store all cboard.cprogramming.com topics

w4ck0z
08-12-2004, 02:36 PM
hello, i use these forums all the time just to search for questions that have already been asked. i have a laptop that has no internet access, and i would like to store every single topic on these forums so i can use the site when offline.
is there anyway i can save 'the whole site'?
thanks

webmaster
08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, the posts in the database are take up approximately 180 MB (the whole database is considerably larger, due mainly to attachments and indexes for quick searching), if that gives you an idea of the time it would take to download. That wouldn't include the vBulletin software, of course, so you'd be on your own doing any searches.

linuxdude
08-12-2004, 04:12 PM
I always wondered how are the post stored? as text files? and what about the attachments, you store them on your server?

vasanth
08-12-2004, 04:17 PM
hmmm that will be a nice project.. visit all the threads and just store the content into a text file or say a local database... for which you can build your own interface to retrive data.. this database can be updated once in a while...

webmaster
08-12-2004, 04:18 PM
The message board is stored in a MySQL database hosted on the server.

jmgk
08-12-2004, 08:56 PM
hi,

the guys at www.woodmann.com RE board did a nice .CHM with all the board. would be nice if we have the same here.

jmgk

w4ck0z
08-13-2004, 03:16 AM
oh well thanks anyway.
the download size isn't the problem, i actually thought it would be easier to do it, but it seems it's quite a big task.