PDA

View Full Version : The Village

LuckY
07-31-2004, 12:43 PM
I loved it. I loved every minute of it and think it was very well written and produced.

I know a lot of critics dislike the film and I've heard that some audiences boo at the end of the movie, but I absolutely cannot see any possible way that I could not have loved the movie. I won't get into any details, to not spoil the great thing for you folks who have not yet seen it, but it was absolutelyl spectacular. It was better than M. Night's last two flicks.

If you've seen it already, what do you think? If you have not seen it GO SEE IT!

nbk
07-31-2004, 01:25 PM
What's it about? From the commercial, it looks like a bunch of leaves fly :o doesn't look good at all from the commercial to me...

adrianxw
07-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Never heard of it.

LuckY
07-31-2004, 04:53 PM
Never heard of it??? Really? It's the fourth (big) movie from M. Night Shyamalan, the guy who wrote/produced/directed The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs...

Thantos
07-31-2004, 04:54 PM
adrian is also in denmark which might explain why he hasn't heard of it yet ;)

axon
07-31-2004, 05:18 PM
well they claim that Night is the next Hitchcock...I wouldn't go that far, but so far I have enjoyed all of his films. Generally, people either hate his movies or love them...there is no in-between. I thought Signs was great, and that it has the most scariest moment I have ever seen in film.

Can't wait to see The Village, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait for the DVD.

MethodMan
07-31-2004, 10:55 PM
I saw it the other day, and I think it was a good movie.

axon
07-31-2004, 11:08 PM
I saw it the other day, and I think it was a good movie.

Canuck....at cboard?! now thats scary :p

Dalren
07-31-2004, 11:22 PM
Just saw it a couple hours ago. It was a good movie. That being said, the twist at the end was fairly easy to guess / figure out. The ends to Sixth Sense and Unbreakable (haven't seen signs yet) were better.

All in all it was still a great movie, even if you figure out what is going on just enjoy the music and scenery.

harryP
07-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I kind of knew what was going to happen. I thought it was good...not excellent, but good. The acting was really good, and the story was interesting. And I was definitley biting my fingernails at parts, but I think the ending was really bad. It just kind of...stopped. And I feel it should have maybe explained just a tad more. I realize the point is to leave it open for questioning, but I think they left maybe too much open. Just my opinion though :)

Govtcheez
08-01-2004, 09:41 AM
> haven't seen signs yet

Don't waste your time. A race of aliens travels millions of miles to invade a planet that's covered 75% in a substance that's a deadly acid to them :rolleyes:

gcn_zelda
08-01-2004, 09:59 AM
> haven't seen signs yet

Don't waste your time. A race of aliens travels millions of miles to invade a planet that's covered 75% in a substance that's a deadly acid to them :rolleyes:
What's the title of the movie have to do with it?

Govtcheez
08-01-2004, 10:21 AM
> What's the title of the movie have to do with it?

The aliens leave crop circles. And other meanings.

Also, I just did a posting double take, if that's possible. Hey Dalren, where you been?

Lurker
08-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Good, ruin the movie for those who haven't seen signs :) (I have) . I'm looking forward to The Village, but it seems oddly familiar to me. I can't quite place it.

MethodMan
08-01-2004, 03:16 PM
>>Canuck....at cboard?! now thats scary

Ive been here a long time. Just havent posted much recently :)

axon
08-01-2004, 03:57 PM
>>Ive been here a long time. Just havent posted much recently

thats what I meant ;)

Dalren
08-01-2004, 05:16 PM
Heya Govtcheez, I've been around, just my quiet nature keeps me from posting as often as the rest of you... :)

ZakkWylde969
08-01-2004, 07:48 PM
I don't see how ANYONE liked the movie. After the first 20 minutes it seemed like they gave up on the acting. The ending just sucked. No other way to explain it. It left way too much unexplained, and wasn't very exiting. Once the sped got killed, everything got boring. Probably one of his worse movies I've seen.

LuckY
08-02-2004, 03:51 PM
That is very surprising... I don't think there was anything left unexplained or unimplied, but, of course, I won't get into it as not to spoil it for everyone. What is "the sped" that "got killed?"

I honestly think it is his best movie since The Sixth Sense. The acting was stupendous by everyone throughout the flick, in my opinion. To each his own.

ZakkWylde969
08-02-2004, 09:14 PM
The scene where the sped falls into the hole and dies while wearing the costume. The same crazy guy whom stabbed the main looser.

LuckY
08-03-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry, but although I know who you are referring to, I am unfamiliar with the term "sped."

How old are you, by the way?

So and So
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
I saw "The Village" last friday -- honestly, i thought it was a major yawn-fest. The "twist" was really contrived and not that "twisted" at all! Plus, they gave the twist away while there was still about 20 minutes left in the movie (or at least, it felt like it) so there wasn't much reason to watch afterwards. I still say Night's best movie to date was Sixth Sense...everything afterwards...meh.

I thought Signs was great, and that it has the most scariest moment I have ever seen in film.

Which moment was that? O/T: I thought "The Ring" contained the scariest scenes i've ever seen in a film.

ZakkWylde969
08-04-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry, but although I know who you are referring to, I am unfamiliar with the term "sped."

How old are you, by the way?

Sped is a local term around here for a special education person. Usually referring to a mentally handicapped person.

Thantos
08-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Sped is a local term around here for a special education person. Usually referring to a mentally handicapped person.

Around here we just call them RoD