PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

DavidP
07-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, it looks as if the time has come.

Most of you know the reason of my departure, but for those of you who do not know: I have been called to serve a mission for my church. I will be serving my mission in Italy for the next 2 years, and I will not have access to a computer except once a week in order to write email to friends and family.

Tomorrow will be my last day here in Houston, and it will be a pretty busy day, so I thought I would go ahead and say bye now since I will be pretty busy tomorrow.

Anyways, thanks to all those who helped me with any and all questions/problems I have asked over the last 5 years that I have been a member of these boards (it's hard to believe it has been that long!).

I will be back in 2 years, I can guarantee that. I wouldn't stay away from these boards forever. :rolleyes:

Farewell, everyone. Good luck in everything you do over the next 2 years. Webmaster, thanks for being a good admin. Kermi, you too. Govtcheez, be nice to the other Mormons while I am away, lol. And that goes for the rest of you guys too. Bubba, you better be employed by id Software when I get back or I will be very disappointed. I'm sure doubleanti isn't reading this because he left ages ago, but: hasafraggin shizigishin oppashigger. :D

And to Dean/TrollKing/WitchKing: how's your dad and his truck?

Prelude: are you really RobC?
RobC: are you really Prelude?

psh..i doubt it.

Thantos: right now you are a member of the select...you better be a God when I get back.

I hope C++ will still be popular in 2 years. :) Wow I'm gonna come back and so much will be different. The new version of dasavo.com will be up sometime within the next 24 hours if you want to view it.

Anyone know where I can get a full version of Doom 3? I soooooo want to play that game before I leave since I wont be able to play any computer games while I am on my mission. I dont want to have to wait 2 years. :(

Sean: good luck man, hope you get into BYU, and i probably wont see you until you get back from your own mission since our missions will probably just barely overlap.

Ah well, that's enough of my rambling. :)

Bye, everyone! Oh...wait...by the way...that RTS game I was making...I bet a lot of you want to see what I got done...um...I guess I could try to upload it to my website...I will try. Check it in about 24 hours and see if I have uploaded it. I will try.

Okay, now I am really done for real. Bye, everyone!

nbk
07-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Sad to hear it(didn't know before.) Have fun!(but hey, when you come back, you can say you've been a member for 7 long years :))

alphaoide
07-29-2004, 07:15 PM
asta la vista, dude

scrappy
07-29-2004, 07:22 PM
have fun :) you'll be missed!

Thantos
07-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Have fun and make sure to sample all that Italy has to offer (you know women, food, wine, etc ;) )

kermi3
07-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Farewell David. It's been a pleasure having your cool logic and entergetic wit here on the boards. I know how excited you are for your trip. I hope you find it as fulfilling as you hope. Be safe, good luck.

Kermi3

axon
07-29-2004, 08:19 PM
you better be fluent in italian when you come back....have fun buddy.

JaWiB
07-29-2004, 09:16 PM
>>I hope C++ will still be popular in 2 years. Wow I'm gonna come back and so much will be different.

You might just come back and find this is a java board...Who knows...

Edit: Oh yeah, and good bye and good luck ;)

sean
07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Give 'em Heaven, David (Mormon joke)

Yep - When you get back, I will have just gone. So in 4 years - I'll have to track you down and we can play Doom 3 on a network, and have a couple of Caffiene-Free Dr. Peppers.

linuxdude
07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
have fun. Chao

XSquared
07-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Have fun, David, Enjoy your trip.

maes
07-30-2004, 05:08 AM
And another c-prog dinosaur is leaving :(

Good luck David. See you when you get back.

ober
07-30-2004, 06:16 AM
Good luck, and have fun.

viaxd
07-30-2004, 08:11 AM
goodbye and see you again in 2 years

Overload
07-30-2004, 09:01 AM
Govtcheez, be nice to the other Mormons while I am away, lol. And that goes for the rest of you guys too.

So, I am assuming from this statement that DavidP is a Mormon. If so, am I right that Mormons have multiple wives? If so, does DavidP have multiple wives? I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just truly curious. :)

sean
07-30-2004, 09:42 AM
No. They stopped polygamy when it became illegal, and even then, it was only authorized to allow every family to have a father, since most of the men had died on the trek west. And actually we're not supposed get married until after our missions so we can stay focused on what we're supposed to be doing.

major_small
07-30-2004, 10:37 AM
have fun DavidP... I wonder who will still be around when you get back... and who the new current n00bidiot will be when you're back...

sean
07-30-2004, 10:41 AM
Or who will STILL be the n00bidiot (I think we all know who I'm talking about...)

Ken Fitlike
07-30-2004, 10:53 AM
Good luck. Using the mighty power of the google translator i've created the following Italian phrase which I hope you'll find useful:
Sbattere il vostro portello sul mio piede non aiuterÓ come i miei pattini sono fatti di acciaio.Which originally, in english, was: "Slamming your door on my foot won't help as my shoes are made of steel." But, when google translated its own Italian translation back into english, it became:
To blink your hatch on my foot will not help as my ice-skates are made of steel.:confused:

Perhaps it's best not to rely on google for your linguistic needs. Have a good time anyway. :)

bludstayne
07-30-2004, 12:46 PM
You will be missed greatly. Your answers have helped me out many a time. Thank you for all the help you've provided us here, and good luck!

gcn_zelda
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
So, I am assuming from this statement that DavidP is a Mormon. If so, am I right that Mormons have multiple wives? If so, does DavidP have multiple wives? I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just truly curious. :)
Mormons don't have multiple wives :P That's a common misunderstanding amongst non-Mormons. In the 1800s, when Joseph Smith led the pioneers across the States to Utah, they practiced polygamy so that all the women would have somebody to take care of them.

I'm Mormon, and I don't have multiple wives...

Although, I don't even have one wife...

Mer.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah. DavidP, I hope you have the time of your life. Good luck trying to stay away from water.

You know what they say, "You can go swimming once. Only once."

golfinguy4
08-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Have a good time David. Italy's a good place.

sean
08-02-2004, 08:30 AM
He left two days ago, by the way.

I can't believe the little guy's gone...

alpha
08-02-2004, 08:46 AM
probably won't see this if you already left, but Good luck! and have a good time! :)

EvBladeRunnervE
08-02-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm Mormon, and I don't have multiple wives..

hey dont feel bad...

On the risk of going off topic, anyone know of a rational reason to ban polygamy? I personally would think it would be supported with the whole
the goal of a male member of a species is to have as many progeny as possible basis of biology.

Lurker
08-02-2004, 09:41 AM
I probably won't be here in two years, I don't program anymore. I've gone 180 degrees around to linguistics. If I am as good in Russian as I want to be soon, maybe I'll pick up some Italiano :) . Anyway, good luck - you will be missed.

sean
08-02-2004, 09:48 AM
anyone know of a rational reason to ban polygamy?

Not if they allow gay marriage

Govtcheez
08-02-2004, 09:53 AM
On the risk of going off topic, anyone know of a rational reason to ban polygamy?
It means that most people that are on this board will never be able to get even one wife, much less many.

sean
08-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Speaking of being Mormon, I find my current Reputation Message (hover over the green squares) a tad humorous.

Thantos
08-02-2004, 10:04 AM
There are non alcholic beers you know :)

sean
08-02-2004, 10:06 AM
Would you fire a blank round from a pistol at your head?

Govtcheez
08-02-2004, 10:07 AM
If it was tasty and refreshing.

sean
08-02-2004, 10:12 AM
I like a little Dijon on my lead, personally.

Lurker
08-02-2004, 11:14 AM
You know it's a good thread when it starts with someone leaving gracefully and ends with people eating nonexistant bullets.