PDA

View Full Version : Good C Books for Reference (Wich one(s) should I buy?)

Maragato
07-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I well I'm a CS student, so I saved some of my money in order to buy some programming books, as I haven't much money to spare then I would like to use it the best way. My University Library already has the following famous books (so I wont buy them):

C How to Program by Deitel and Deitel
The C Programming Language by Schildt
The ANSI C Programming Language by Kernighan and Richie
Programming in C/C++ The Bible by Kris Jamsa and Lars klander

I was looking for something good for Linux programming, and also some strong reference for deeper topics, so what would you suggest me to buy?
Thx a lot by the patience.

Hammer
07-28-2004, 04:24 PM
http://www.kohala.com/start/
http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/

I'd suggest a forum search, you'll find this one has been asked before... :)

pianorain
07-28-2004, 05:09 PM
I'd suggest a forum search, you'll find this one has been asked before... :)
But only once. Every week.

Perspective
07-28-2004, 08:25 PM
if your looking for *nix programming, theres a pretty informative book called "Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" or something like that. I didnt use it all that much (as with so many of my text books) but what i did read of it was pretty good.

gcn_zelda
07-28-2004, 09:45 PM
But only once. Every week.
In addition to the "shud i use j@va or c++ wich is bettr" topics.

Maragato
07-29-2004, 12:43 PM
if your looking for *nix programming, theres a pretty informative book called "Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment" or something like that. I didnt use it all that much (as with so many of my text books) but what i did read of it was pretty good.

I think I have it on University Library too but thanks a lot for the tip, and about it beeing asked a lor sorry I searched the wrong board, I had understood wrong the rules I think I thought that the C board was only for code posting.

DavidP
07-29-2004, 12:51 PM
j@va

i bet that is someone's email address somewhere...