PDA

View Full Version : Doing surgery on my laptop

jverkoey
07-21-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm going to do some surgery on my laptop now....going to try and fix the keyboard
Just posting now cuz this might be my last post for a while if I break my laptop, as it's the only computer in the house right now that has internet access....so, yah

*waves*

jverkoey
07-21-2004, 11:11 PM
hmm, well, i managed to take all of the screws out....then kinda peek inside one corner...so i blew some compressed air in to my laptop...but that's about all I could do. There must be some invisible "gateway" button that opens up the laptop magically or something, and I don't feel like cracking my laptop in half trying to get it open, so I guess i'm stuck with a usb keyboard, heh.

major_small
07-22-2004, 08:00 AM
depends... sometimes there's a 'secret' way to get into a laptop, but you probably have a 'leave this alone or it breaks' model that you have to send back to the company so they can replace it...

GanglyLamb
07-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Well Jverkoey as i told you in the PM before with my own laptop it works but with me the 'secret way' is very easy i have some 'K' (keyboard) screws at the back which allows me to just lift out the whole keyboard...

Bajanine
07-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Did you try looking on your laptop manufacturers website for disassembly instructions?