PDA

View Full Version : I, Robot -- It's a trick, and I'm mad.

Jeremy G
07-15-2004, 02:26 AM
So, I turn the page and there it is a note about the author (IE: the end of a novel) and I'm like... W.. T.. F... You know what I mean? I, Robot is one giant prologue for like four following books. I'm not mad that its several book long story, I'm mad that it isn't clearly made out to be so on the cover or something. You know that way I could buy all the books at once, and continue as I wish. But no, Now I have to wait till morning so I can go to a store and buy the next ones. I'm so anctious to continue the story.

Any one else feel really mad when they got to the end of Isaac Asimov's I, Robot?

jverkoey
07-15-2004, 02:35 AM
i haven't read the book yet, no, but it sounds really interesting and I think I might go buy it now....right now....at 3:35 in the morning....yes.

Jeremy G
07-15-2004, 02:57 AM
wall-mart has it, thats where I got mine, and it's open 24hours. I'm just not sure it has the other books.

jverkoey
07-15-2004, 03:03 AM
cool, i'm planning on going to see the movie with some friends when it hits theatres, so if I like the movie I'll probably get the books too.

Clyde
07-15-2004, 05:51 AM
From what i've seen of the trailer, not only is the movie nothing like the book, but its actually the complete opposite of what Asimov set out to do.

- I love the books btw.

EvBladeRunnervE
07-15-2004, 06:50 AM
From what i've seen of the trailer, not only is the movie nothing like the book, but its actually the complete opposite of what Asimov set out to do.

yes indeed..... I suggest everyone read the conversation on SomethingAwful.com's forums(GBS section, so it is free to read).

Basically the movie I,Robot was the slapping on of "I, Robot"(by the changing of names, and the adding...barely... of the three laws of robotics) onto a steaming pile of dog-crap called I believe "Hard-Wired".

basically, save the 8 dollars you would spend on a ticket and put it towards buying the series of books.

JaWiB
07-15-2004, 11:46 AM
Hah, I knew that movie looked like crap! I couldn't believe it when I heard "I, robot" was a classic by Asimov.

Zach L.
07-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah... The previews really didn't hide the fact that the movie has no relation to the book... I'm gonna have to read that one again. It's been a while. :)

Govtcheez
07-15-2004, 12:12 PM
yes indeed..... I suggest everyone read the conversation on SomethingAwful.com's forums(GBS section, so it is free to read)..
Just buy an account there. They're the best forums I've seen on the Internet so far, and it's only $10.

EvBladeRunnervE
07-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Just buy an account there. They're the best forums I've seen on the Internet so far, and it's only $10

I plan to, once I get a credit card of course. I have seen you there btw.

Govtcheez
07-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Heh, considering I've got way too many posts, I'm not surprised :)

Man, between here, SA, and FD, I've got about 17000 posts. (and i still don't have as many as TAK)

DavidP
07-15-2004, 01:33 PM
how much time do you spend on the internet each day, govt?

Govtcheez
07-15-2004, 01:57 PM
it's pretty much always on in the background (or foreground ;)) of what I'm doing.