PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, wanna see a picture of me?

Pages : [1] 2

oskilian
11-16-2001, 11:00 PM
go to

http://www.ioi2001.edu.fi/ioi2001/Ryhmakuvat/Colombia.jpg

second guy left to right

Oskilian

Unregistered
11-17-2001, 03:01 AM
not fair, no warning, went and had a look, before beakfast, not good on empty stomach....feel queasy

Xterria
11-17-2001, 10:59 AM
I never knew you were a girl

oskilian
11-17-2001, 09:17 PM
If I were the girl, I would have said "I am the girl in the picture", because the word "guy" makes reference to the word "male". Or do I look like a girl in that picture? no, I don't!

and there are 7 people in the pcture, the girl is in the middle. I don't get it, or is it a plain bad joke?

Unregistered, what made you sick?

Nick
11-17-2001, 09:41 PM
What's the guy on the far left's first name? He looks almost exactly like someone I knew.

Unregistered
11-18-2001, 12:11 AM
in case your slow he was saying your really ugly...

*Michelle*
11-18-2001, 01:29 AM
Hey, Osk, nice picture...

Well, but I think you should have at least gave us a brief description of you first, like how old you are and stuff...

I mean I don't think ppl expect you to look like that, not that it's bad ;) , but still...

So, ya, how old ARE you, I thought you were older...but it doesn't matter really...

And btw, unregister is being really mean...

And I think he probably looks worse, haha...
(I dare him to show HIS picture...)

oskilian
11-18-2001, 12:14 PM
OK, I'm gonna say a few words about me and the picture

that picture was taken July 14, 2001 at Tampere, Finland; because I was at the IOI'01, if you don't know what this is, go to http://olympiads.win.tue.nl/ioi or to http://ioi2001.edu.fi (don't worry, it's in english) I doubt you know the guy in the far left unless you live in Bogota, because that's the picture of the Colombian Team for the IOI.

The names in order from left to right are:

(Contestant)
Oskilian (Contestant, that's me)
(Contestant)
(Our wonderful Guide)
(Contestant)
(Deputy Leader)
(Leader)

I look like hell in that picture because I had just gotten there, and I had only slept 5 hours in the last 36 (more or less) hours, after having to take a 11 hour flight, a 3 hour wait at Frankfurt, a 2 Hour flight to Helsinki, 5 hours of relieving sleep, and a 2 hour Bus ride to Tampere. The clothing is because I had to be comfortable for all that.

About me:
My name is Oscar, I'm 16.9 years old, but I have already said that in here, I will be 17 on December 4, and I have already said that too. I am two weeks away from graduation from high school, and I am going to study at Los Andes University at Bogotá, Colombia. But I am also applying fot Computer Science at MIT, CalTech, Cornell and Stanford (I hope I get admitted).

What else would you like to know about me?

how would someone expect me to be like? and how did you expect me to be like?

Oskilian

dirkduck
11-18-2001, 12:36 PM
unregistered is an ass, id say you look just fine. nice picture..and xterria, that was the lamest joke ive ever heard...

l33t Dud3
11-18-2001, 06:25 PM
rofl dude your ugly! omg! did your parents have to tie a steak arround your kneck to get the dog to play with you?

and michelle i dare you to show your pic... lol i bet your must be one ugly hoe... thats flat as a bread board

*Michelle*
11-18-2001, 06:25 PM
No, Osk, you look great in it, so are you saying you will look even better if you have time to get ready? ;)

And I think unregister is a coward, he wouldn't dare to give his identity...

Osk, you are done high school at 16? Wow...so fast...I will be graduating at 18...Lucky you....And I hope you get into the universities you want to go to...

*Michelle*
11-18-2001, 06:30 PM
I33t Dud, are you the "unregistered" who have posted before?
I respect your opinion and do not wish to argue with that, different people have different tastes and yours is well....

But I hope that you will not start insulting person with your opinions. You have not seen me and you have no idea what I look like... You are just guessing and this hows how biased you are with Osk's picture. You think ppl are ugly even before you see them, you probably "wanted" Osk to be ugly... Are you jealous of him? Since he is nicer and more loved than you? I feel sorry for you, dude...

And how do you know Osk has a dog?
You probably got that smart ass comment from someone else and you are applying it here to make you look "smart ass".... heheheh

Betazep
11-18-2001, 06:49 PM
When you give your person information out on the web... expect some people to exploit it....

Why would you put pictures up of yourself and also share personal information such as your friends names and etc....?

I admit... I for one thought it was cool that you went to Tampere. I loved it there.... but I still think that you don't need to pour your heart out on the general forum. Why not just send private messages to people that you know you can trust (like Michelle... or other supporters)?

and BTW.... you look like a normal dude to me, if it is any consolation.

-KEN-
11-18-2001, 06:50 PM
<sarcasm>Oh look, children! He uses 31337 14ngu4g3 - he's cool, now.</sarcasm>

*Michelle*
11-18-2001, 08:07 PM
um, ken? what is that thing you just wrote? 31337 14ngu4g3?
oook...

Anyway, am I his supporter now? Geez, you make me sound like a fan of him, yikes....

And Osk, ya what made you want to tell everyone about yourself? I wouldn't have done it, I'm not saying it's bad or anything, it's just that, I wouldn't....

Nick
11-18-2001, 08:16 PM
That guy on the left looks exactly like the kid I used to know except that the guy on the left is bigger. Everything else is the same. I remember him crying so much when his gf broke up with him and then asking me how to get to heaven. Not sure what he's doing right now but I think he joined the marines.

Anyways I will never release a photo of myself on a message board except maybe a thumbnail of a B&W negative.

dirkduck
11-18-2001, 08:28 PM
michelle - "31337 14ngu4g3" means 'eleet language' in english ;).

anyways, this l33t dud3, or unregistered, is a complete idiot. hope he gets a deasese

oskilian
11-19-2001, 10:46 AM
I don't know, I am quite ashamed of having done what I did, I don't know how can someone use that info, but if someone can, I hope that is not done, I have erased the data concerning the other people, as of myself, I am aware of any consequences this may bring.

As for the picture, yeah, I look like hell, but it's actually the best picture you can see, because I don't have a scanner. But I don't care, because I am happy in that picture, and that's what matters, isn't it?

As for what I wrote about myself, it's OK, I think that by writing that, I have opened myself to all of you, and now you know who I am and what do I look like, which is not bad, because I dislike full anonymity, I still want people to wonder certain things about me.

as for the guy with all those numbers in his handle, why do you think all that? I just put a picture in here and I wanted people to tell me what do they think, not to say every insulting word you have!, same thing goes for what you said to Michelle, why do you come here and start insulting around without even having talked with the insultee?

Michelle: yes, I get out of school this year, but I don't think that I'm so lucky, because I would have liked two more chances to participate in these programming olympiads. and it doesn't feel so good to have to leave all those people who you have shared experiences with since you were 5. But, life goes on and I can only say

"The earth is the cradle of the mind,
but one cannot stay in the cradle forever"
-- Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Oskilian

lightatdawn
11-19-2001, 11:21 AM
But I don't care, because I am happy in that picture, and that's what matters, isn't it?

Hell yes! Thats the smartest most mature and sane thing i've heard around here in a long while.

as for the guy with all those numbers in his handle, why do you think all that?

One word: Attention. Everyone should just ignore people like that... I do. I delete the really offensive posts and completly ignore them after that. If they dont get the attention they're looking for, they leave. They're just small minded people doing small minded things.

Generator
11-19-2001, 11:40 AM
Since this is a picture thread Ill post mine up. Check it out right HERE (http://www.geocities.com/untitled60/image08.jpg) It was taken a little while ago when I walked a friend for Grad.

Geocities is pretty bad these days if that link doesn't work try copying and pasting this url into your nav bar.

http://www.geocities.com/untitled60/image08.jpg

Betazep
11-19-2001, 11:48 AM
The name fits there... Mr. Cool-n-Suave Generator.

Nice tux...

lightatdawn
11-19-2001, 11:58 AM
Okay... I'll join the party. Heres a more recent picture of myself (and my car). The ones on my website are 3 years old (which is pretty much the last time i updated it :) ). This pictures a little fuzzy but its the only newish one i have.

http://lightatdawn.freeyellow.com/MeAndMyCar.jpg

Betazep
11-19-2001, 12:08 PM
What the hell...

Let me set the background....

In Finland at my reception. Someone in the crowd just wispered out my wife's name and my wife promptly stomped her foot. Every person in the gathering was laughing histerically, and I was standing there thinking WTF is everyone laughing about.

Later, after this picture, I remembered that they have a custom where, who ever stomps their foot at the cake cutting is going to be the dominate person of the house.

I love my wife so much, I would have let her win anyway...;)

Camilo
11-19-2001, 12:57 PM
I must admit that you look good, it is a nice picture, if I only had travelled!, arghhh!!!!, this makes me a bit jealous, but, that is ok, next year I will travel to Korea (I hope), Mario and Raul looked really funny.

Camilo
out of school too

oskilian
11-19-2001, 09:52 PM
sorry Camilo, but I know that you will join us (including me, I hope) on the trip to Korea.

Oskilian

*Michelle*
11-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Here is a picture of my bunny! (No, it's not me ^.^)

She is one of the biggest stuff animals I have...Well, I have a pretty big crocodile, gorilla, and garfield head. Sowwie, I got off topic...

oskilian
11-19-2001, 10:41 PM
oh, that kind of bunny, :) , very cute. I once had lots of these (how do you call 'em... it's "peluche" in spanish, if someone knows the proper translation), but for some strange reason I don't have any now, it's not that I dislike them, I love them, but I don't have any! :(

very cute bunny!

Oskilian

*Michelle*
11-20-2001, 02:48 AM
Aren't they called "stuffed animals"? Or Plush? Strangely, I somehow suspect that all your stuffed animals are dumped...hummm, why is that?... :p Don't tell me it's true...

biterman
11-20-2001, 04:58 AM
Hei Oskilian what kind of problems did you do in that competition?
Do you remember any of them?
I'd love to try to solve some of them.

adios,
biterman.

Gades_GD
11-20-2001, 07:00 AM
Osk, if it hels "osito de peluche" is "teady bear".

I don't know if this time is going to work, but I'm tryng to attach a couple of pictures of me.

One is of me doing some DIY when I was living in England, and the other one is of me and my fiance trying to sail in a windy day in Mallorca.

Gades_GD
11-20-2001, 07:02 AM
Here is the one from Mallorca:

Unregistered
11-20-2001, 11:14 AM
Oskillian,
I just wanted to know how did your
pic end up on a Finnish page?

IcyDeath
11-20-2001, 11:17 AM
Oops...
Forgot to login.
It was me, who wrote that message.

By the way! Did anyone know that the
Battery-drink was first released in Finland?

Betazep
11-20-2001, 11:25 AM
I did know that....

he ended up on a finnish page because the picture is in Tampere where he went to a math/computer type consortium...

My picture is also in Tampere at my wife's parents house.

Such a small world.

Did you know that Finland is rated the most technologically advanced country per capita in the world?

Finland also has the widest use of cell phones and saunas (mmmmm sauna...) in the world.

Betazep
11-20-2001, 11:26 AM
Gades_gd...

It looks like you were having a little trouble in that second picture! :D

IcyDeath
11-20-2001, 11:58 AM
Did you think that I didn't know that?
I've heared that fact in the news about a half of a year ago.

Maby you didn't notice that I live in Finland?

Well.. who cares, but Gades_GD truely has(or should I say had) some troubles with the boat.

Gades_GD
11-20-2001, 01:52 PM
>One is of me doing some DIY when I was living in England, and >the other one is of me and my fiance trying to sail in a windy >day in Mallorca.

Well, as I said that's a pircture of me trying to sail. It was the last day of a one week sailing course in Mallorca. From one moment to another it got pretty windy, my fiance was at the helm, because we needed more weight at the trapeeze (spelling?), but after a couple of minutes, my trpeeze broke :( . So that's how we ended up. It was FUN :D :D

Betazep
11-20-2001, 05:30 PM
>>Maby you didn't notice that I live in Finland?

YES! I did notice. I thought you would like what I said. I hope you didn't take offense or something.

Gades_GD
11-21-2001, 04:31 AM
Funny thing, I've posted code quite a few times; it took me hours to write that code. Sometimes people downloaded it to give me a hand, I believe sometimes people did it just for curiosity; anyway, I post two pictures of my self and BOOM, lots of people download it.

Do you prefer to download a piece of code or do you prefer a picture?

I just found it funny that so many people would download the pictures ;). I thought that maybe two or three would, but I'm happy more people did :)

Govtcheez
11-21-2001, 09:19 AM
I once posted a picture of myself on here, but it made a little girl cry...

Plus, I don't have any pictures of myself lying around that around any newer than about 4-5 years... I'm going home today, so I'll steal the digital camera and get one.

Camilo
11-21-2001, 10:58 AM
why did you said 'sorry'?

Camilo
'dreaming about Korea'

Gades_GD
11-21-2001, 11:06 AM
Are you talking about IcyDeath? I guess he said sorry because he forgot to login.

Are you trying to go to a Korean university? I have a friend from Seoul that came to the UK to study computing.

oskilian
11-21-2001, 11:58 AM
he wants to go to Korea for the next IOI which is going to be held at Yong-In.

Camilo: as for my picture, on the first day (the arrival day), they took pictutres of each one of the teams, and as soon as I knew that they uploaded them, I posted it here, if you didn´t see, the host is www.ioi2001.edu.fi , that´s the IOI ´01 host. If you browse the place, you can find pictures and videos of the IOI, but I don´t come out in any of them (I think)

Oskilian the "EXTREMELY ANGRY" programmer

Camilo
11-21-2001, 12:03 PM
no!!!!, and no!!!!
the sorry was for oskilian, and no, at this very moment I have applied to the National University of Colombia, at Bogotá, I am not sure if I really want that, yesterday, the guy that was next to me in a que, has the same age as me (17) and already had 2 (two) sons, one with 2 years old, and other of 3 months, and all the people has that sort of problems, perhaps next year I will try to apply outside my country, or switch to an expensive university (NU at bogotá is good, but people that study there does not)

Camilo
'worried'

oskilian
11-22-2001, 02:03 PM
>no!!!!, and no!!!!
Don't you wanna go to the IOI?

>the guy that was next to me in a que, has the same age as me (17) and already had 2 (two) sons, one with 2 years old, and other of 3 months, and all the people has that sort of problems
who?

That message for Camilo was originally for IcyDeath.

Ahh, it's good to have a computer again

Oskilian

oskilian
11-22-2001, 10:43 PM
Hey, Michelle, you never told me how did you expected me to be like!

Oskilian

IcyDeath
11-23-2001, 09:27 AM
>>That message for Camilo was originally for IcyDeath.
Which one?
Do you mean the message that told about your photo and about IOI?

oskilian
11-23-2001, 09:58 AM
yeah, I am copying it here:

IcyDeath: as for my picture, on the first day (the arrival day), they took pictutres of each one of the teams, and as soon as I knew that they uploaded them, I posted it here, if you didn´t see, the host is www.ioi2001.edu.fi , that´s the IOI ´01 host. If you browse the place, you can find pictures and videos of the IOI, but I don´t come out in any of them (I think)

Oskilian

Camilo
11-23-2001, 05:59 PM
arghhh
yes, I want to go to the IOI, (this ******* mouse, is not working!!!!), of course I want.

IcyDeath: Do you have something to deal with the IOI?

Oskilian: the boy next to me when I was filling my clinical story has TWO sons, a lot of people, about ten looked like my uncle, they were extremely old, I was feeling like an AA meeting (I have never seen one, but I imagine that is just like that), really, I am getting depressed cause of that, I don't want to study with such kind of people, some of them looked 'normal' (you know, just being out of school) but most of them were 'rare' (like my 'uncles' and the female vamps (I like vamps, but those girls looked really bad)), but, anyways, I am going to give it a try (yes, one valuable semester of my life), if don't succeed, I will consider switching university.

Camilo
'the sad one'

sorry for my grammar, I'm a bit over-powered

oskilian
11-23-2001, 09:01 PM
WHAT? excuse me, but you'll have to say it more masticaíto because I can't process all that data. Or someone who understood, please be kind and translate it for me

Oskilian