PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Mail launch NEW features

beely
06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
hey guys, ever know about the Yahoo! Mail has changed a new style look, new brand features with 100MB mail space for free. COOL. i still wondering how GMail would monopoly the free mail service, since they describe that gmail will provide 1gb free mail space, which can store those mail for your whole life.

btw, i dont think that gmail could provide 1gb space for all of ppl. maybe only for limited member? any comment ?

gcn_zelda
06-15-2004, 09:31 AM
The new upgrade is awesome.

Besides POP3 forwarding, I don't understand why people still use Hotmail with their pop-up ads.

Why do they need pop-ups, anyway? Isn't M$ like the richest freakin' company in the freakin' universe?

whackaxe
06-15-2004, 09:35 AM
meh, features smeechers, Gmail will blow them out of the water when it goes public. hotmail does indeed suck, but the worst is when you open a link in a mail, it checks up on what you are looking at witha big banner saying "close the window to return to hotmail". if the person couldn't geuss that, then they shouldn't be let near a computer :p

afreedboy
06-15-2004, 10:14 AM
GMail might be just a trick or whatsoever, but Yahoo! new mail is really cool. I hope M$ would understand to make changes. Maybe hotmail would become 50MB as they are always half of Yahoo!

XSquared
06-15-2004, 11:17 AM
With GMail, they're most likely assuming that people aren't going to use up their entire 1GB immediately. It's actually pretty darn hard to get 1GB of email accumulated.

ober
06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
So you can check Yahoo! mail with Outlook now? Or JUST forward it?

Dalren
06-15-2004, 11:22 AM
As a user of Yahoo mail, and having a beta test account for gmail, I can honestly say that gmail does give you 1000mb of space, and that even the new yahoo mail does not compare.

JaWiB
06-15-2004, 11:56 AM
I was actually planning on getting a gmail account when it becomes available (in addition to my yahoo one), but now I'm not sure...I don't think I really need 1000mb of space...

gcn_zelda
06-15-2004, 11:57 AM
Or 1100.

alphaoide
06-15-2004, 11:59 AM
So you can check Yahoo! mail with Outlook now? Or JUST forward it?Still have to pay for that or try http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

RoD
06-15-2004, 08:09 PM
With GMail, they're most likely assuming that people aren't going to use up their entire 1GB immediately. It's actually pretty darn hard to get 1GB of email accumulated.

I beg to differ. In one month i accumulated 550MB's of regular email (no attachments mind you) in the trash bin for my cprog account, and very little of it was spam. I'd say about 250mb's.

JaWiB
06-15-2004, 08:34 PM
How do you get so much email? And 250mb of spam?! I hope you're joking...

RoD
06-15-2004, 09:42 PM
no thats about how much spam i get a month, it sucks man. Between my website, ftp server, misc forums i go to, tutorials, friends, online shopping, i get alot of email.

bennyandthejets
06-16-2004, 12:42 AM
I prefer just using the email address provided by my ISP. No junk mail ever, POP3, everything!

major_small
06-16-2004, 09:54 AM
/me sends junk mail to bennyandthejets

I still use hotmail only because it's too much of a hassle to change email accounts... especially since everything goes there...

RoD - try turning off the autoresponders on forums... it helps ALOT

MiLo
06-20-2004, 11:43 PM
I don't think hotmail will be following. They are doing the hole internet package deal thing. Thats how they plan on competing. They are doing things more like AOL. I see them as a really userfriendly deal that a monkey could use. People who don't know much about computers and don't know there is more out there, yahoo, and soon to come gmail, will continue to use all the MSN stuff just cuz it will be the way their computer comes. Everything is microsoft on a new computer. Including quick isp signups.

whackaxe
06-21-2004, 01:25 AM
Everything is microsoft on a new computer. Including quick isp signups.

antitrust anybody? it sounds like the same thing as the internet explorer case, or the european windows media player case

i still use hotmail because my account is ancient, and because i don't see why i should change(yet)

alpha
06-21-2004, 03:17 PM
I just got a gmail account, still have my yahoo and hotmail, and my school one.. yeah, its a lot, but i use the yahoo one for internet stuff, hotmail solely for username with msn messenger, gmail for personal stuff now, and school for school stuff. i get a lot of school email from clubs and stuff so i accidently delete some personal email from there at times when cleaning out the inbox.

MiLo
06-21-2004, 06:24 PM
You can sign up and use any email account for msn messenger. It is kinda hidden but if you look around at getting a new .net passport thingy you can use any address you would like. That way you can get rid of your hotmail one.

alpha
06-21-2004, 10:05 PM
You can sign up and use any email account for msn messenger. It is kinda hidden but if you look around at getting a new .net passport thingy you can use any address you would like. That way you can get rid of your hotmail one.
i know. i noticed that after i signed up for it.. haha lol :p

but i already have my contacts on this one, and don't really want to bother them with having to add me again.. i might do it though, i'll see..