PDA

View Full Version : Called to Serve

DavidP
05-21-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, I just thought I would share this with the board. This is pretty exciting for me:

Dear Elder Pruitt:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Italy Catania Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the Missionary Training Center at Provo, Utah on Wednesday, 4 August 2004. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Italian language.

I can't wait. :D

As of August 4th I will be leaving these boards for 2 years, however, I am not going to say farewell now. I will say farewell in 3 months. I need to hurry up and finish my game project!!!!

Anyways, many of you do not believe in God, so you probably don't relate to this very much. But it is pretty exciting for me. Just thought I would share.

XSquared
05-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Cool! Do you even know Italian?

DavidP
05-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Nope! I will be going to the Missionary Training Center for about 2 months to learn the basics of Italian, and then I go to Italy.

I have taken 2 years of Latin in high school, so that should be a great help to learning Italian.

Xterria
05-21-2004, 10:15 PM
are you going to be st.davidp from now on?

DavidP
05-21-2004, 10:29 PM
nah, just Elder Pruitt for the next 2 years

RoD
05-21-2004, 10:39 PM
cool man!

novacain
05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Do you get to ride around on a push bike wearing the white shirt and black tie (in 40C heat) like they do in Australia?

I've teased quite a few of them (when they knock on my door).

kermi3
05-21-2004, 11:30 PM
I am very happy for you David. I know it's premature, but I hope that you have a great expirence, learn about yourself, and help others where you can.

loopy
05-22-2004, 12:23 AM
Congrats! : )

Thantos
05-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Damn and I was so hoping you'd get sent to my part of california so I could slam my door in your face. JK :)

Hope you have fun

DavidP
05-22-2004, 09:17 AM
>Do you get to ride around on a push bike wearing the white shirt and black tie (in 40C heat) like they do in Australia?

yep

>Damn and I was so hoping you'd get sent to my part of california so I could slam my door in your face. JK

lol. what part of cali are you in? my bro went to cali. the anaheim/orange county area. maybe you slammed your door on him.

Thantos
05-22-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm up in Sacramento area. Haven't had anyone come by in a while (over a year).

UnregdRegd
05-22-2004, 10:29 AM
To serve the Lord God is, indeed, a noble thing. I pray that you will convert those heathenous Italian Catholics to a truer faith. I wouldn't stop there, though. It's a longstanding tradition among Christian missionaries to import cultural aspects from their homeland to the receiving nation. I pray that you bring the Italians Big Macs and fries. The reason is that pasta is obviously inferior to God's own fast food.

May God bless you and keep you, my son
And may God bless America!

Thantos
05-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Oh just looked up Catania and its in Sicily. Might want to watch out for the mobsters ;)