PDA

View Full Version : My program

Gades
11-13-2001, 08:18 AM
Hi, some of you might have seen that I posted some code from the program I'm working on. As I'm a newbie, it doesn't look very good. And I just wanted to show you where I had the idea to make this program. Two years ago I had to do an assingment to calculate the diameters for the rig of a sailing yacht. Then I used Excel, and now for my Computing class, I'm trying to do something similar under C. So the code altghout not finished is posted in here:

http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4206

And the original Excel file is this one: (look at the bottom, please)

It calculate all the loads in the rig, as well as the deflection of the mast. It has into account only the transversal forces in a yacht.

What do you think about it? I mean, is it a good idea for a first program? Is it too simple? It looks like s*****?

oskilian
11-13-2001, 09:28 AM
Well, I think it´s a good program, too bad I can´t understand what it means, but it´s a very good program to start programming.

I dislike all those tutorials, because, if you follow them, you will just be making the author´s program. So, I think that the best idea it to make your own program from scratch.

Good job

Oskilian

biterman
11-14-2001, 05:08 AM
It's a bit too long i think. But that just makes it better practice.

I have to admit i have no idea what it is your trying to do, but oh well. None the matter.

adios,
biterman.

Gades
11-15-2001, 05:24 AM
Should a thread like this one go to the FAQ board?

P.D.: even people don't read it much?

Camilo
11-15-2001, 12:32 PM
yep, sounds like a good program, but what is rig?

Camilo
(amateur english)

Gades_GD
11-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Rig in Spanish is jarcia

Es el conjunto de cables que soportan el mástil del barco.

Gracias por el reply :)

oskilian
11-16-2001, 06:48 PM
Gades_GD: is that you gades? if so, why did you change your username?

and I don't undertand the word "jarcia", I've never heard it.

Oskilian

Gades_GD
11-17-2001, 04:43 AM
Yes it's me, Gades. I want to use Gades_GD just for the General Discussions board. Because I didn't want to post under Gades in the C board, being a senior member soon (because I post so much, sometimes, here at the GD).

Jarcia son todos los cables que usa una grúa para mantenese, y también se aplica a todos los cables que ayudan a mantener en equilibrio el mástil/palo en los barcos de vela. Supongo que se puede considerar una palabra técnica. Pero después de 6 años de universitario, supongo que me he acostumbrado a usar palabras técnicas sin darme cuenta.

How do you feel now? Relax.......
What are you doing now, just like Homer :)