PDA

View Full Version : My website

theroguechemist
04-10-2004, 06:48 PM
So I made this website. (Alright, the nature of this post is pretty lame, I admit...)

It's content and structure is that of a fairly standard C++ programming forum (win32, console, opengl, general discussion, etc). I'm hoping by having you guys take a look at it and tell me what you think that I'll be able to attract more visiters and suite them and their needs.

Anyway, the site is here (http://cpp.bobsbigforum.com) . I think it looks pretty good overall. But what do you think about it? Anything I should add/remove/modify? We have a cash system implemented so you earn money by posting, and then you can buy lottery tickets for the weekly lottery there too. :p It's pretty fun

Anyway, there it is. Thanks for dropping by. And maybe registering too? haha, just maybe...

Thanks everyone

vasanth
04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
hmmm no offence but isn't the idea of paying ppl to post wronged... Its like ppl are encouraged too BS to earn more.. I doubt any meaningfull discussions can take place with a system like that... But would like to seehow it goes...

undisputed007
04-11-2004, 08:06 AM
there are too much C++ forums ... i wish that you start constructing your own forum from scratch ..not using bb forums ... really that's the true challenge :)

Waldo2k2
04-11-2004, 09:19 AM
yeah, looks the same as all the others, and it'll never get any traffic unless somehow you get google to rank you in the top.

vasanth
04-11-2004, 09:27 AM
I found this grat board through google accidently..

undisputed007
04-11-2004, 11:42 AM
I found this grat board through google accidently..
you mean cboard?

undisputed007
04-11-2004, 11:44 AM
I knew cboard from my friends but really they told me about www.cprogramming.com i mean the site not the forum but after entering this site and finding this great board .. I almost check this board everyday

vasanth
04-11-2004, 11:46 AM
I knew cboard from my friends but really they told me about www.cprogramming.com (http://www.cprogramming.com/) i mean the site not the forum but after entering this site and finding this great board .. I almost check this board everyday
:D:DI almost check it every 20 minutes..

gcn_zelda
04-11-2004, 11:59 AM
:D:DI almost check it every 20 minutes..
I almost have a life :P

undisputed007
04-11-2004, 12:05 PM
that's cool vasanth
by the way why don't you try to be a moderator( if not yet) ?
you deserve that

vasanth
04-11-2004, 01:53 PM
I almost have a life :P
Hmmm most of the work i do is on front of my PC(college stuff)... so I keep checkin the forum.. And i doubt i have the experience and skill to be a mod...

RoD
04-11-2004, 02:29 PM
that's cool vasanth
by the way why don't you try to be a moderator( if not yet) ?
you deserve that

how ya figure? i dont see why we need another mod anyway

Prelude
04-11-2004, 02:35 PM
>i dont see why we need another mod anyway
You can never have too many mods. That way we can diminish the chances of some loser harassing the boards when a mod isn't around to dispense justice. :D

undisputed007
04-11-2004, 03:38 PM
how ya figure? i dont see why we need another mod anyway
just feeling :D
i dont know vasanth in person but his sentence "check the board every 20 min" sounds like moderator's work
that's it ... i didnt mean that there are problems concerning the moderators
keep it friendly dude

KneeGrow
04-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I think that website is pimp cause it has console programming. A lotta forums lack a console programming forum where some ppl may have burning questions

adrianxw
04-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Console programming is not covered well on the net, that is why I did my tutorials here. (http://www.adrianxw.dk/SoftwareSite/Consoles/Consoles1.html) There were more then 6 parts, but I've not converted all of them to the new format yet - no time.

KneeGrow
04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
adrian your site is pimp i first saw it like a year go