PDA

View Full Version : any gun owners here

EvBladeRunnervE
03-24-2004, 11:49 AM
I was wondering who here among us owns firearms. What types of arms, favorite munitions, favorite firearms,etc.

me:

1) remington 700: great gun, basically a civilian version of the rifle most police departments use for sniping.

2) ruger 10/22: really dont care much for this one, I feel the same about most .22 calibre rifles. Something just doesnt seem right when you have a gun that can kill someone that doesnt have any recoil at all.

3) Sig P229: quite simply, a beautiful handgun, although a bit pricey(~999 USD even used), it is well worth it.

4)(this is my brothers, but oh well), a Springfield Army M1911A(known to most as a colt .45), this gun is pretty much GI issue quality, which is pretty good, considering the timeframe in which it was GI issue. Too bad the military has gone to berrettas.

out of them, my favorite is the remington 700, ~1 inch groupings at 200 yards is very very nice.

So what about you fellow gun owners(I know silvercord mentioned one time he likes to go shooting.)

RoD
03-24-2004, 11:56 AM
-Glock 9MM
-Remington 440G, 20G, and 12G (12 is a dual barrel)
-HK full auto, not sure which one it was given to me
-Army issue machine gun, full auto, disassembled for legality
-Smith and Westin hand gun

theres about 35 more between my dad and myself. A few semi auto's, full auto's, shotguns, etc

axon
03-24-2004, 12:02 PM
12 gauge mausberg in da hizaus

ober
03-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by RoD
-Glock 9MM
-Remington 440G, 20G, and 12G (12 is a dual barrel)
-HK full auto, not sure which one it was given to me
-Army issue machine gun, full auto, disassembled for legality
-Smith and Westin hand gun

theres about 35 more between my dad and myself. A few semi auto's, full auto's, shotguns, etc I call BS. I want pictures.

http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/7600wd.htm

That's mine... only mine has a fancy stock. It's the 30-06 High model. I have a real nice 3x9 scope on it too. I usually use 180 grain shells with a four shell clip.

EvBladeRunnervE
03-24-2004, 12:45 PM
I call BS. I want pictures.

me to, if you do have an HK full auto, does on of your parents own a class III license, cause you are not allowed to have machine guns without them.

hk_mp5kpdw
03-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I got me a HK USP .45 Compact. Haven't fired it in a long while (2+ years). Anyone know how to get a stuck decocking lever working again, mine doesn't want to work. Even just flipping the lever from "safe" to "fire" takes alot of pressure, hurts my thumb...

axon
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM
YES...I have to admit....I was BSing...for anyone who hasn't figured that out :D

axon
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM
>>does on of your parents own a class III license

ober is old enough to have his own liscence...rofl

Silvercord
03-24-2004, 02:09 PM
.30-06 hunting rifle
2 20 gauge shotguns, one pump, one double barrel
one .22 pistol
3 .22 rifles
mini 14 semi automatic (the coolest gun we own, here's pic)

http://conspiracyx0.tripod.com/weapons3/mini-14.gif

and a partridge in a pear tree

EDIT:
our mini 14 is old and doesn't look quite as good as that one, but it does have a collapsable stock. it pivots around the cylinderthing and i think it follows the m 16 in terms of caliber but i don't shoot guns often anymore

ober
03-24-2004, 02:12 PM
wtf axon... u drunk?

axon
03-24-2004, 03:17 PM
meeeee....no ;)

disregard my posts today...I'm quite sick (seriously I am, I have abad case of the flu), I've taken some drowsy madicine....not good...no...not at all.

golfinguy4
03-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Mine (http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m4comp-l.jpg)

Dante Shamest
03-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Coming from a country where guns are banned, I'm wondering what do you guys use your guns for?

Govtcheez
03-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Target shooting, hunting, killing people who cut us off on the freeway.

axon
03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by golfinguy4

you own a mine?? wow thats pretty cool d00d. Is it authentic? I want one too!

axon
03-24-2004, 06:10 PM
>>killing people who cut us off on the freeway.

I personally use a rocket launcher or a granade....yes. Fragging people is good....

Govtcheez
03-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Why don't you go pass out there, Typhoid Mary.

axon
03-24-2004, 06:18 PM
damnit...I wanted to find a picture of a car with one of those huge cannons on the roof....but I can't :( I have no 1337 5|<!115

Silvercord
03-24-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm wondering what do you guys use your guns for?

I'm sorry about your country banning guns. I use my gun to try to impregnant female genders of the human race. I use my rifle to shoot cans.

tee hee

DavidP
03-24-2004, 07:43 PM
this is my gun:

Silvercord
03-24-2004, 08:04 PM
that's cool, haha

axon
03-24-2004, 09:18 PM
rofl....nice setting...I barely saw the mech there it is so well comouflaged (sp?)

RoD
03-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by EvBladeRunnervE
me to, if you do have an HK full auto, does on of your parents own a class III license, cause you are not allowed to have machine guns without them.

actually he owned a bounty hunting buisness for several years, yes, he does, back the $$$$ off me ill get you pictures later.

axon
03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
>>back the $$$$ off me ill get you pictures later.

bad day at work? ;)

RoD
03-24-2004, 11:15 PM
i wish

XSquared
03-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by golfinguy4

Heh, I'd like that. Nothing like an M4A1 with an attached M203 grenade launcher to make life more fun. :)

ober
03-25-2004, 06:55 AM
I use my guns to kill stuff. WTF WOULD YOU USE IT FOR OTHERWISE!?

Clyde
03-25-2004, 07:12 AM
WTF WOULD YOU USE IT FOR OTHERWISE!?

Target shooting?

khpuce
03-25-2004, 07:27 AM
I'll tell about my stock of firearms when these become legal ;)

ober
03-25-2004, 07:28 AM
>>Target shooting?

Yes.... but you, in your infinite wisdom :rolleyes:, have to realize that target shooting has one goal and that is getting better at KILLING STUFF.

Now, granted, I'm sure there are people that only target shoot, and that's fine. I'm not slamming them or saying that isn't a valid reason to own a gun. I'm simply saying that *most* target shooters use targets to get better at hitting actual living targets.

Clyde
03-25-2004, 08:15 AM
WTF WOULD YOU USE IT FOR OTHERWISE!?

Now, granted, I'm sure there are people that only target shoot. I'm not slamming them or saying that isn't a valid reason to own a gun

Heh.

nvoigt
03-25-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm not slamming them or saying that isn't a valid reason to own a gun

Then I'm doing it :D In a civilized country without major bandit armies roaming the countryside I think privately owned guns do more harm then good.
I don't own a gun, I never fired a gun and surprisingly, I'm still alive and unharmed. Lucky me :rolleyes:

That does not mean you should not have fun at target practice, but shotguns or semi-automatic weapons have no place in target shooting. I mean where do we draw the line at what is legal ? Is a fist legal ? A knife ? A pistol ? A rifle ? A grenade ? A flamethrower ? A tank ? Granted that I would be the first to drive a tank around if it were legal and affordable, I think the line for safety of all citizens should be drawn at the pistol, when the primary intend of the item becomes killing. There is no tool function in a firearm, it's only purpose is to kill.

EvBladeRunnervE
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm simply saying that *most* target shooters use targets to get better at hitting actual living targets.

yeah, deer and other wildlife.

but shotguns or semi-automatic weapons have no place in target shooting

I might agree about the semi-autos, but that is BS about shotguns, ever hear of duck/quail/pheasant/turkey hunting? You dont use rifles as rifles are for precision work and when I bird has the full 6 degrees of movement, you need something that has a spread of some sort.

This was a thread about gun ownership, not meant to be turned into a flame war between both sides of the gun control debate.

axon
03-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I personally don't own a gun, and really don't plan on owning one...but I do go to the local shooting range with my buddy to practice/relieve stress/have fun....thats about it.

Fountain
03-25-2004, 11:47 AM
This was a thread about gun ownership, not meant to be turned into a flame war between both sides of the gun control debate.

I guess, but some of the weapons you all claim to own are a 'tad' excessive, dont you think?

Hell, if I lived in US I would like a handgun or something for home defence (as everybody it seems is armed!), but these big auto weapons?

To brag about owning them is the 'bad' side to this I think. Respect them more for what they are or something.

:) Dont shoot!

EvBladeRunnervE
03-25-2004, 11:51 AM
these big auto weapons?

well, first of all, most of the people saying they have them are just being moronic, as with the exception of police and military, and those who are willing to take on the responsibility of a Class III license(they take inventory of your auto weapons, make sure you are not selling them illegally), you absolutely cannot have one.

To brag about owning them is the 'bad' side to this I think. Respect them more for what they are or something.

again, I meant for this thread to be a place for civil discussion about people's possesion, likes and dislikes about individual firearms, not to brag about who has the biggest gun.