PDA

View Full Version : MSN Project

vasanth
03-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi,
I am planing to implement MSN in an applet form or something similar for a project... I searched the net and found many of them explaining the protocol...

I tried them but the response from the server is quite different.. I get different kind of commands and information returned... Looks like most of the sites have the older version of the protocol explained...

Does any one know links where i can get the latest info regarding this..

thanx
Vasanth

FillYourBrain
03-21-2004, 06:56 PM
don't know about documentation, but the newest GAIM definitely works with MSN. Since it is opensource you should be able to steal the info.

-=SoKrA=-
03-22-2004, 02:24 AM
I don't know if you know about this site, http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php has info on MSNP9 and MSNP10, the problem with most sites will be that they have the older MSNP7 or 8.
MS did a 'lockdown' of the messenger service some time ago (all they did was actually upgrade to MSNP9).
As FYB said, take a look at GAIM, or aMSN, they both work with the now version. I think you have to use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to be able to talk to the hotmail servers, though.

vasanth
03-22-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi,
Thnax for the info.. I am planing to implement this in PHP.. are there any predefined libraries which i can use to use SSL and the MD5..

And have any of you implemented any version of MSN protocol before..

Vasanth

-=SoKrA=-
03-22-2004, 05:48 AM
PHP has an MD5 encryption function built-in. From www.php.net/md5:

md5

(PHP 3, PHP 4 )
md5 -- Calculate the md5 hash of a string
Description
string md5 ( string str [, bool raw_output])

Calculates the MD5 hash of str using the RSA Data Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm, and returns that hash. The hash is a 32-character hexadecimal number. If the optional raw_output is set to TRUE, then the md5 digest is instead returned in raw binary format with a length of 16.

Note: The optional raw_output parameter was added in PHP 5.0.0 and defaults to FALSE

Example 1. A md5() example

<?php
$str = 'apple';

if (md5($str) === '1f3870be274f6c49b3e31a0c6728957f') {
echo "Would you like a green or red apple?";
exit;
}
?>

See also crc32(), md5_file(), and sha1().
Also, according tgo the fsockopen() info on the site:

As of PHP 4.3.0, if you have compiled in OpenSSL support, you may prefix the hostname with either 'ssl://' or 'tls://' to use an SSL or TLS client connection over TCP/IP to connect to the remote host.
I once tried to to an MSN client, but I gave up, as I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to do.