PDA

View Full Version : Curious in Business

afreedboy
03-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Well

for this summer, I don't want to end up like last year. This year I wanna find some pocket extra money myself.

So, I am quite interested in stock exchange. But I have no idea how they work or how I should deal with them. Any of you guys recommend me?? Please give me some idea for stocks.

Thanks a lot

anonytmouse
03-21-2004, 10:15 AM
I've heard that Enron is a sure bet.

alphaoide
03-21-2004, 03:58 PM
First lesson: don't ask other people what stock to buy.
Do your own research and pick your own stock. When the price off 8% from your purchase price, SELL it .... bla ...bla .. bla. I suggest pick up "How to make money in stock" by William J O'neill. You really need to know when and what to buy, when to hold, and when to sell. Takes practices failures to get the hang of it. If you just blindly buy hot stock, that's gambling. money.msn.com is a good place if you wanna do paper trading, you know, just pretending buying stocks. Anyway good luck!

afreedboy
03-22-2004, 01:04 AM
money.msn.com is a good place if you wanna do paper trading, you know, just pretending buying stocks.

That may be a good idea to practice, but I don't know how to do it. I went and looked at msn money, but i don't think that they are paper trading.

:confused:

alphaoide
03-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Also if you want to open an account with broker, Scottrade (http://www.scottrade.com) might be your best option (ranked highest by JD Power). It's got (I think) the lowest commission fee of $7, lowest min balance of $500 (no maintanence fee)

afreedboy
03-22-2004, 09:17 AM
It's got (I think) the lowest commission fee of $7, lowest min balance of $500 (no maintanence fee)

That mean I need to pay for even simulation right?

By the way, I found www.virtualstockexchange.com is quite interesting. It can make simulation for free.

Anyway thanks for your help. Now I am gonna buy the book "How to make money in stock" by William J O'neill

Thanks

alphaoide
03-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by afreedboy
That mean I need to pay for even simulation right?

Thanks
No, that was for real transaction.