PDA

View Full Version : I love being Australian



nickname_changed
03-14-2004, 12:08 AM
For the first time in months I was browsing the Microsoft Australia (http://www.microsoft.com.au) site, and I went into the developers section, and it had a link for a free trial version of VS.NET :) So I signed on up, and I'll be getting a 60 day trial of VS.NET in the mail sometime this week. Hooray for being Australian!

alphaoide
03-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Available in US also
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/trial/default.aspx

Sebastiani
03-14-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
For the first time in months I was browsing the Microsoft Australia (http://www.microsoft.com.au) site, and I went into the developers section, and it had a link for a free trial version of VS.NET :) So I signed on up, and I'll be getting a 60 day trial of VS.NET in the mail sometime this week. Hooray for being Australian!

Hooray for being a sucker!

nickname_changed
03-14-2004, 05:42 AM
Sucker?

axon
03-14-2004, 08:19 AM
LOL...i checked the US site....product on backorder...hehe

vasanth
03-14-2004, 08:32 AM
is it free.... (am i being a sucker now)...

Silvercord
03-14-2004, 09:48 AM
im glad you are australian too, so just stay in australia

alphaoide
03-14-2004, 09:57 AM
mmm... you know what. I could get VS .NET from Comp Sci dept for free. Hoooray for being a comp sci major!!! :p

axon
03-14-2004, 10:44 AM
>>mmm... you know what. I could get VS .NET from Comp Sci dept for free. Hoooray for being a comp sci major!!!

we have a similar program at my Uni....we can get a copy (just one though) of .NET professional for $25 plus shipping :) Good deal!

adrianxw
03-14-2004, 11:39 AM
If you follow the link on the page, topish right, you can get it sent pretty much anywhere in the world for $11.95. In software terms, yes, it's free.

darksaidin
03-14-2004, 12:17 PM
So much love floating through this topic.... :rolleyes:

Perspective
03-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by alphaoide
mmm... you know what. I could get VS .NET from Comp Sci dept for free. Hoooray for being a comp sci major!!! :p

same here. i have a free version of it on my laptop from my uni.

Silvercord
03-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by alphaoide
mmm... you know what. I could get VS .NET from Comp Sci dept for free. Hoooray for being a comp sci major!!!


too bad your school over charges you $10,000 per year eh?

alphaoide
03-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Silvercord
too bad your school over charges you $10,000 per year eh?
How did you get that idea :confused:
I'm attending one of Calif State U: $1258/semester

nickname_changed
03-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Silvercord
im glad you are australian too, so just stay in australia

No one loves me :(

WaltP
03-15-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
No one loves me :(
We love you. You just talk funny.

WaltP
03-15-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by adrianxw
If you follow the link on the page, topish right, you can get it sent pretty much anywhere in the world for $11.95. In software terms, yes, it's free.
Which page? This one?
Which link? HOME? Search? Next Thread? They're all topish right

bludstayne
03-15-2004, 09:58 AM
I like to

bludstayne
03-15-2004, 09:58 AM
double post

nickname_changed
03-16-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by WaltP
We love you. You just talk funny.

Do I really?:confused: :(