PDA

View Full Version : behold... [demo Ib]

doubleanti
11-11-2001, 03:29 PM
here... the real 64k version... lol... [note to self: don't leave compiles laying around, rename the source, then reupload the same exact compile for another version...]

ahem... sorry for the inconveinence!!! and bubba, don't write that tsr just yet!!!

NOTE!!!! added functionality... press 'p' [or 'P'] during the demo to save a screenshot... it'll be under 'scrnshot.bmp' in the unzipped directory...

again, i apologize, i really messed that one up for you guys... i'm so sorry...

continue;

C_Coder
11-11-2001, 03:41 PM
That works!!! I think(looks good anyway).
I see green and red grids appearing randomly with writing all over the place. Is that correct as i said looks good anyway

doubleanti
11-11-2001, 03:46 PM
right on... oh the backgrounds are random rgb maxed so it's not specific... and nice sig... i take it you're a manson fan then? that's a pretty neat shirt...

oskilian
11-11-2001, 03:48 PM
My comment is excactly as C_Coder's

Oskilian

C_Coder
11-11-2001, 03:54 PM
The sig came from a U2 video i saw about 8-9 years ago(maybe more lol), they just flashed a stream of text up on a giant screen and that was 1 of the words

doubleanti
11-11-2001, 03:58 PM
oh... well coincidentally i saw it on a shirt some guy was wearing... hey, any ideas on how i can improve this? i'd like to hear more detalied a responce... [tho 'speechless' is nice... :)] thanks!

C_Coder
11-11-2001, 04:58 PM
Sorry cant think of any improvements, i haven't gone into graphics yet

Cheeze-It
11-11-2001, 05:03 PM
My computer sucks!!! It still doesn't work.

doubleanti
11-11-2001, 05:26 PM
christ man! give me a better description so i can analyze the problem... please...

oskilian
11-11-2001, 05:43 PM
tell me first what it's supposed to do, then I'll tell you if it's OK or not, and if not, tell you what happens on my computer

Oskilian

-KEN-
11-11-2001, 05:46 PM
here's what you're missing, static:
edit: the colors and patters on the right side aren't showing up right in GIF format.

oskilian
11-11-2001, 05:54 PM
that's precisely what I get!!

is it supposed to do that?

how did you get the screenshot? I tried using print screen, but, it doesn't work in DOS. and if I restore the window, I get a message that says "This application cannot be run in windowed mode", or something like that.

Oskilian

ggs
11-11-2001, 07:29 PM
hej all
nice demo, DA

heh, I only discovered the demo and introscene last week... here's some cool links:

www.256b.com
www.theproduct.de

Make sure you look carefully through those pages... They're kickass! (mostly)..

I'm working on some demos too..

doubleanti
11-12-2001, 12:05 AM
yes that's what it's supposed to do... well, gif really takes the colors away... but that's the idea... if you take a screenshot with 'p'/'P'... you can invert the colors to better see the dissonance... hope you enjoy... any ?uestions? seems it doesn't like win2k/conventional memory... oh, and my box is cleared so PM me all you like again...

adrianxw
11-12-2001, 03:16 AM
Doesn't work for me either. A console opens briefly then closes again. (NT4)

doubleanti
11-12-2001, 06:36 PM
can you pause it? maybe you are running it from an explorer and you have close on exit checked in dos properties... if it can be paused maybe it has an error i could address...

rick barclay
11-12-2001, 08:08 PM
Works like a charm on mine, DA. I knew it was yours the minute I saw the scolling numbers and letters and sentences. I think it
would make a nice introduction to a techno-CIA spy thrilla.
Michael J could do the soundtrack.

rick barclay

doubleanti
11-12-2001, 11:47 PM
thanks! knew it was myne eh? you like the ellipsis' and the continuing on with your life part huh? right on! yay...

hey! i could make money off this!! schweet!! :) thanks for your time rick, i knew you'd appreciate it...

rick barclay
11-13-2001, 12:59 AM
No problem. Nothin I wouldn't do for anybody here.

rick barclay