PDA

View Full Version : See you Rosetta.

Fountain
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Well, if it works as planned-wow.

Stuff of films? (eg Armegeddon with the gaining speed from slingshotting Planets type of thing?)

Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3514941.stm)

Should be good.

Govtcheez
02-25-2004, 02:18 PM
You guys got that metric-english thing straight, right?

Because that can be pretty tricky.

adrianxw
02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Live launch coverage will appear here. (http://esa.capcave.com/esa/rosetta) I'll be watching.

Govtcheez
02-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the link, adrian. I'd watch it if it wasn't at about 3 am my time.

Xterria
02-25-2004, 06:33 PM
europeans are smart enough to have a space program:confused: :confused:

darksaidin
02-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Xterria
europeans are smart enough to have a space program:confused: :confused:

A lot of the equippment used in American missions actually comes from Europe. I know because whenever NASA fires something into space, European news channels have to highlight time and again that this or that one little piece was produced and designed in Europe. Even if it's only the toilet on the ISS :D

Anyway, I think your posts sucks :rolleyes:

ober
02-25-2004, 08:42 PM
darksaidin, just ignore Xterria. Everyone else has learned too. His mom and dad let him use their computer, and this is what we get. His remarks are not intelligent, so we just tend to skip right over them.

adrianxw
02-26-2004, 02:04 AM
Launch delayed 24 hours because of high winds at Kourou.

If you click on Xterria's "profile" button at the bottom of gis post, you then have the option to add him to your "ignore" list.

darksaidin
02-26-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by ober
darksaidin, just ignore Xterria. Everyone else has learned too. His mom and dad let him use their computer, and this is what we get. His remarks are not intelligent, so we just tend to skip right over them.

Thanks ;)
I didn't take his post seriously though, otherwise I would have startet a long reply about why his post sucks :D

Anyway, I really hope they won't have to delay it past the 17. March as it would mean they can't reach the coment anymore and would have to pick another target. Like last time.

adrianxw
02-26-2004, 05:51 AM
>>> would have to pick another target.

They must be getting good at this by now.

Xterria
02-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ober

stfu. It's my computer, along with my other 7. And now that i read it i REALLY didnt mean what i said. i just never knew europe had a space program.

Lurker
02-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Your signature perfectly ends that post.

Xterria
02-26-2004, 05:37 PM
My signature is a lie.
edit: wait, no thats not right
My signature is not a lie.

adrianxw
02-27-2004, 06:40 AM
Todays postponment due to problems with insulation foam breaking of the fuel tank. Hmmm, where have we heard that before!

darksaidin
02-27-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by adrianxw
Todays postponment due to problems with insulation foam breaking of the fuel tank. Hmmm, where have we heard that before!

I think it is a different issue here. It was probably broken off during transport and not during the launch (how could it, it's still on the ground :p )
Maybe they should already start to look for another comet...

ober
02-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Xterria
My signature is a lie.
edit: wait, no thats not right
My signature is not a lie. Maybe you should just stop. Like... forever.

Fountain
02-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Look for another comet?

Nah, I guess we will have to make it go a bit faster. :)

adrianxw
03-02-2004, 01:22 AM
Another attempt to launch due today, in about 15 minutes actually.

adrianxw
03-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Hummph! Charming, having repeatedly told the world that 7:37 GMT was the only possible launch time, today I get up to watch it, and discover that there are in fact 2 launch windows today, 7:17 and 7:37! I've missed it, but it all seems to be going very well! The Ariane 5 is in a ballistic phase, and will burn again in about an hour to insert the spacecraft into the required orbit.