PDA

View Full Version : People that take AGES to reply!

kevinj
02-24-2004, 04:03 PM
Don't you just hate it when your chatting to someone, who takes ages to reply? If i wanted some snail mail reply, i'd of sent them a letter in the post, or maybe put a note on a pigeons leg and hope it get's to them!!!!!!

Even worse, i'm waiting ages for a reply that says LOL, now that really gets on my nerves, if i wanted a chat with a clown, i'd of applied for a job in the circus.

Thantos
02-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Maybe just maybe they have something else better to do then talk with you.

kevinj
02-24-2004, 04:36 PM
no, they just troll conversations chatting nonsense :p

Paz_Rax
02-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Mayhaps they have important things to do like work or school or a loved one to spend time with?

axon
02-24-2004, 05:19 PM
this ranting is a recurring theme on this board lately :rolleyes: ...am I do only one to notice....maybe I should make my own ranting thread, about other people's ranting? :D

or maybe Kermi should make a forum solely devoted to bitter folk's rants?

p.s. start a blog or something

EDIT:: BTW OP, maybe they hate you because you whine too much?

Silvercord
02-24-2004, 07:07 PM
find something more interesting to talk about and they won't make long replies that say lol.

They will make quick replies that say yay.

UnregdRegd
02-24-2004, 10:56 PM
I'll be the first to admit I'm one of those people who takes ages to reply to e-mail and instant messages. Others here have proposed plausible explanations for why slow repliers like me do the naughty thing we do, but they're unexceptionally false.

Truthfully, when it took me ten minutes to respond to your* thoughtfully typed account of a humorous occurrence in your life, it wasn't because I had "better things to do." No, the reason was because I wanted to aggrevate you; in fact, I always have a stopwatch at hand when I'm on an instant messenger service so that I can properly do this. Responding to you with an unimaginative abbreviation like "lol" is simply icing on the cake.

You see, slow repliers get a perverse joy from their habit. It's a mild sadism that's increasingly addictive. Your next message is another chance for me to get my fix.

Besides, you wouldn't want us slow repliers to be the obviously lonely lusers the fast repliers are, would you?

* Note: I am using you here broadly, not referring to any person in particular.

RoD
02-24-2004, 11:24 PM
I purposely wait this long to reply to this thread.

P.S: LoL

nickname_changed
02-25-2004, 12:23 AM
I must admit, I hate the way some people do things like go off and go to the toilet and things and don't even bother to tell you they'll 'brb'. Personally, when I'm on an IM client, I treat it like a real convo in person. If someone says something, I respond straight away. If someone asked you a question, and you stood there for 20 mins before answering, or said 'LOL', you'd look like there was something wrong with you.

RoD
02-25-2004, 12:35 AM
ask axon, im the king of not saying anything AND forgetting my away msg :P

nickname_changed
02-25-2004, 01:38 AM
They should introduce spankings for people who don't reply within one minute to an IM Message, or forget to say they're away.

axon
02-25-2004, 06:47 AM
>>ask axon, im the king of not saying anything AND forgetting my away msg :P

yes but i also don't care ;)

>> hate the way some people do things like go off and go to the toilet and things and don't even bother to tell you they'll 'brb'

where in the social contract do you have a phrase that I am oblidged to let you know when I am going to take a ........ when talking to you by IMs? huh, tell me?

Paz_Rax
02-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Due to the rules of the social contract:
"I'm sorry all intrest has been lost im away...taking a ...........on the toilet"