PDA

View Full Version : Code Journal

RoD
02-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Some of you are aware that we used to put out a bi-weekly newsletter through email called the "Code Journal". For many reasons, mainly lack of time, it hasnt been done since 2002.

So lets bring it back. I will volunteer to write for the CJ, and if a few more people jump on the bandwagon it would be easy to put out a newsletter every two weeks.

So why not, anyone else interested in helping me bring back cprogramming.com's newsletter?

Thantos
02-24-2004, 01:09 AM
I'll help.
Also would like to see some of the tutorials redone with examples in C instead of CPP.

Hmm guess I should get writing then.

DarkViper
02-24-2004, 01:09 AM
that would be awsome! unfortunatly, wish i could help ^^;

RoD
02-24-2004, 01:40 AM
I also plan to finish my opengl series up soon so that i can move on to my new passion. I will be devloping very geavy in AI soon and i want to expand VERY much on the AI section of cprogramming's tutorials.

Im working on Project BRITTANY and hopefully it will be a huge step forward in helping newbies get into AI. Thanks for the interest Thantos : )

kermit
02-24-2004, 05:29 AM
Why don't you have a small page somewhere here or on your own site with all of the details of exactly what is needed for your newsletter so people can decide if and how they can help?

vasanth
02-24-2004, 06:09 AM
i can help with some tutorials..

DavidP
02-24-2004, 10:00 AM
i will be happy to help.

RoD
02-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kermit
Why don't you have a small page somewhere here or on your own site with all of the details of exactly what is needed for your newsletter so people can decide if and how they can help?

The newsletter should contain a section on news in programming/technology, a section on things with the site, etc. Personally i would like to be in charge of the news section.

I think 2-3 people could manage it very well.

Govtcheez
02-24-2004, 10:55 AM
u gona spealchek it rod?

RoD
02-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
u gona spealchek it rod?

yes :P

-=SoKrA=-
02-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Let's hope we can keep it up at least a bit longer than last time. ;)
I think it'd be nice to have an opinions section (probably just a rant somebody feels like sharing), and where people can add not only programming-related stuff, but also just computer-oriented topics in general.
Is it gonna be text or HTML? or both?

Thantos
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
The first order of business is finding out what the people want to hear about :)

kermi3
02-24-2004, 03:36 PM
what would you want to talk about?

Thantos
02-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Beer!

What else could there be?

That or multi-threaded apps in Linux

-=SoKrA=-
02-24-2004, 04:34 PM
tips & tricks of Linux programming and tips & tricks of Windows programming would be a must.
Besides, I'd recommend building a method of automatic inclusion of approved articles, with a web-based front-end. I might start designing one tomorrow in IT if we're not too busy. Now I'm gonna go to bed, I'm really tired.

axon
02-24-2004, 05:22 PM
>>u gona spealchek it rod?

ROFLMAO gc :D :D :D :D

RoD
02-24-2004, 09:35 PM
Thank you for those who have expressed interest in this project. The webmaster and i are now in talks on how this should be managed, what should be considered, and other issues such as a php based inclusion database.

Any further suggestions for content and the like should be sent to me via PM or through email (rod@cprogramming.com), and after some further decisions are made i will have more information for everyone.