PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Stupid Question on King's Quest 1

sean
01-05-2004, 04:52 PM
Alright - I finally have replenished my old collection of Sierra adventure games, and I just got to work on the world's first Graphical adventure. And I'm stuck... already... like right at the beginning.

This may seem incredibly stupid, but how the heck do you cross the bridge to the castle? I try walking across, I look all lined up, and then I fall in the water. Nothing I type while standing next to the bridge works. Any help? Is this version faulty?

Polymorphic OOP
01-05-2004, 04:53 PM
literally you just walk across it. you don't have to do anything special.

Also, just have to say, King's Quest I is one of my favorite games ever! It taught me how to read and write.

... well ... without using "a" and "the" hehe

sean
01-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Definately a classic - you ever try the Space Quest or Police Quest series'?

Well it must be a defective version then. I've tried a million times.

VirtualAce
01-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Ahhh....the memories.

Yeah you just walk across it. Nothing special. I even think the game is tuned to your clock speed so it should run the same speed as it originally did.

Make sure your guy is in the center of the bridge and remember to stop him press the same directional key that got him going.

In other words, if you walk up, press up to stop him - I also think pressing 5 stops him no matter what.

Polymorphic OOP
01-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by sean_mackrory
Definately a classic - you ever try the Space Quest or Police Quest series'?
Yes, yes. Also good, though King's Quest and Leisure Suit Larry remain my favorites (the leisure suit larry song is my current cell phone ring hehe)

sean
01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Due to a lightning fast Yahoo IM conversation, I have finally gotten across. Only took me 17 years... Well thank you. That's seemed awfully easy...

VirtualAce
01-05-2004, 05:32 PM
If ya need anymore help....just ask....I think I still remember everything in the game.

JaWiB
01-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Ah king's quest...On one of the versions I remember the CD was scratched so we literally couldn't finish the game! Still bugs me cause I think I was near to the end too :(