PDA

View Full Version : Gang-leader turned Mayor: Only in Hartford



Leiarchy9
01-03-2004, 11:49 PM
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040103014509990001&_mpc=news%2e10%2e2

civix
01-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Movie Star turned Governor..
...only in California.

Leiarchy9
01-04-2004, 12:41 AM
I just find it hard to believe for a GANG-LEADER to turn into a mayor of a city. I'm not really shock at a movie star turning into a governor because Ronald Reagan was in several movies and he turned into the president of the United States.

Gangs are like politics oldest nemesis. Gangs are the opposite of politics, Everything they do, everything they stand for completely opposes and antagonize the whole purpose of an organize government and the purpose/goal of a politician.

civix
01-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Leiarchy9
I'm not really shock at a movie star turning into a governor because Ronald Reagan was in several movies and he turned into the president of the United States.

Well, Yeah, but... AHNULD..

Leiarchy9
01-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I never liked any of Arnold's movies. But like you say....only in California.

They even had a porn star running for governor. There was also a female running for governor. She was smart and hot. She should have won the election but since Arnold is so damn famous.........whoops, sorry to talk about politics. I sound like a news analyst from CNN.

civix
01-04-2004, 01:08 AM
I would have voted for her. :p

Govtcheez
01-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Leiarchy9
I never liked any of Arnold's movies. But like you say....only in California.

They even had a porn star running for governor. There was also a female running for governor. She was smart and hot. She should have won the election but since Arnold is so damn famous.........whoops, sorry to talk about politics. I sound like a news analyst from CNN. Yeah, you sound just like one - "she was smart and hot"

EvBladeRunnervE
01-04-2004, 11:50 PM
she wasn't that smart... nor that hot(she was in her mid to late 40's), also, Arnold isn't as dumb as most movie stars, he actually graduated from college.

UnregdRegd
01-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Leiarchy9
I just find it hard to believe for a GANG-LEADER to turn into a mayor of a city. I'm not really shock at a movie star turning into a governor because Ronald Reagan was in several movies and he turned into the president of the United States.

Gangs are like politics oldest nemesis. Gangs are the opposite of politics, Everything they do, everything they stand for completely opposes and antagonize the whole purpose of an organize government and the purpose/goal of a politician.

Sometimes it seems like recognized governments are nothing more than the largest, best organized gangs in a given country. Look at Russia: Putin's gang owns Russia. In the United States, we've grown up with the idea that our 227-year-old crime syndicate, which has run the previous occupants onto reservations and been complicit in the deaths of the rest, condoned slavery, fought gang wars all over the globe, etc., is for our own good. Our "democracy" is two wings of the same beast fighting for control.

Leiarchy9
01-05-2004, 10:17 PM
she wasn't that smart... nor that hot(she was in her mid to late 40's), also, Arnold isn't as dumb as most movie stars, he actually graduated from college.


No...........you must be thinking about another female canidate. There was this one chick who was in her early 20s and she graduated college.

RoD
01-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Arnold will just pay people to make his decisions

RobR
01-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by RoD
Arnold will just pay people to make his decisions



.....and your point is?

>>Gangs are like politics oldest nemesis. Gangs are the opposite of politics, Everything they do, everything they stand for completely opposes and antagonize the whole purpose of an organize government and the purpose/goal of a politician.

But they have one thing in common: a desire for power.

>>Sometimes it seems like recognized governments are nothing more than the largest, best organized gangs in a given country. Look at Russia: Putin's gang owns Russia. In the United States, we've grown up with the idea that our 227-year-old crime syndicate, which has run the previous occupants onto reservations and been complicit in the deaths of the rest, condoned slavery, fought gang wars all over the globe, etc., is for our own good. Our "democracy" is two wings of the same beast fighting for control.

Bingo. Give that man a prize.

RoD
01-06-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by RobR
.....and your point is?



Too many people think hes going to ruin the california goverment, but he wont because hes jus going to pay people who know what they are doing. Thats my point.

Govtcheez
01-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RoD
Too many people think hes going to ruin the california goverment, but he wont because hes jus going to pay people who know what they are doing. Thats my point. How is that any different than any other politician?

Also,
> our 227-year-old crime syndicate,

:rolleyes:

RoD
01-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Its not technically, but for some reason the majority of our planet doesnt seem to grasp this concept.....so i guess, although abstract, my point is the majority of the population are idiots.....which we already knew.....moving on.