PDA

View Full Version : D Programming Language

frenchfry164
12-19-2003, 01:23 PM
I read about a programming language called D. It adds some interesting things to C. The compiler for it is terrible ATM, it's still in beta stages. You can read about it at www.digitalmars.com

I was just wondering what you guys think about it. I'm not saying it will replace C or any crap like that, but I think it is very nice, and if they had a better compiler and there was more resources for it, I would switch over to it.

DISGUISED
12-19-2003, 03:44 PM
It's been around for quite a few years, or at least in theory. I am pretty sure there were some threads around here on it, or maybe that's one of the other 15 programming forums I spend time on (been a long day), but Golf took a swing at in this thread (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30554&highlight=D+programming+language). (get it? golf ... swing) :D <insert corny laugh here>

EDIT: P.S No one bump that thread! ;)

Waldo2k2
12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Yeah i tried D once...hated it, the compiler does blow, and it's been in beta stages for years, I don't think anyone is even contributing to it...i don't even know if digitalmars is doing anything with it.