PDA

View Full Version : Gamers: what are you playing these days?

Pages : [1] 2

axon
12-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm interested in what you are into game wise these days? Which game and on what platform takes up the most of your time?

Another question would be: which game have you spent the most time playing ever?

Personally I'm still playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer whenever I have some free time... other then that I'm replaying Arcanum as a "bad" guy; both PC.

At my girlfriend's brother in law house I usually play Madden 2004 on PS2. He recently also got Manhunt, unfortunately the game is really bad, I had higher expectations for it. The controls and interface is horrible, and I really don't like the game play.

The best game that I have ever played, and consequently replayed it many times would be Fallout 2....if you've never played it, you can probably get it for about $15 now.

ober
12-01-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm playing Madden 2004 on my PC. I've had it for about 2 months and I've already played 4 full seasons. I'm hooked. I can't stop playing. And I'm more of a FPS gamer. I like Splinter Cell and Half Life and Unreal Tournament.

axon
12-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by ober5861
I'm playing Madden 2004 on my PC. I've had it for about 2 months and I've already played 4 full seasons. I'm hooked. I can't stop playing. And I'm more of a FPS gamer. I like Splinter Cell and Half Life and Unreal Tournament.

I'm not much into the season mode, but that is probably do to the lack of time. The guy that owns the game also plays the franchise mode with full length games!

ober
12-01-2003, 02:31 PM
I currently play with 6 minute quarters, and I have to pretty much set aside an hour to play that. I don't know how he has time to play full games. :eek:

axon
12-01-2003, 02:35 PM
I currently play with 6 minute quarters, and I have to pretty much set aside an hour to play that. I don't know how he has time to play full games. :eek:

well all he does is work and play....not very healthy if you ask me...but he could sit and play madden for 10 hours straight. Whats really funny thoug is that he is not that good.I play maybe once a week and I win about half the games we play together.

ober
12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
I think you would pretty much have to suck to play that long. I'm on the third difficulty level, and I'm easily scoring 30 points or more in a full game. If I would play full games, I'd probably average around 100 pts./game. That would get boring.

Thantos
12-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Currently: Gothic 2 on PC, some Everquest when I have time. Previous ones have been Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

Games that get revisited often: Civ III, Hitman. All on the PC

Fountain
12-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Revisited? Hmm never really left Tib Sun-mostly online but still revisit old levels.

Play a bit of freelancer.

Oh and recently got a snes and 48k speccy of Ebay, and play a bit of retro.

ZakkWylde969
12-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Halo for pc. Also all of the Metal Gear Solids rule.

Iamien
12-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Lately max payne two
did 4 and half years in everquest, but i given that up

Govtcheez
12-01-2003, 03:40 PM
I've completed almost 3 seasons of Madden 2004. I'm also on the 3rd season of 2 separate leagues in NCAA Football 2004 for the PS2. TCU's going to a BCS game in my world, baby!

neandrake
12-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Damn guys, no one's mentioned Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne yet?

Lurker
12-01-2003, 04:01 PM
I can't wait until World Of Warcraft. It looks like the best game of all time. Until then, Starcraft (5+ years old!!!), Diablo 1 and 2, and Warcraft 3/FT keep me busy (all by same company) :D .

axon
12-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by neandrake
Damn guys, no one's mentioned Warcraft 3/Frozen Throne yet?

I've not played the expantion, but warcraft 3 really wasn't that great. I mean, I beat the game at the hardest level in less then a week...it was very simplistic....I still revisit startcraft though, mostly online.

Yoshi
12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Frozen Throne (Online / My map testing only)

Starcraft

Simcity 4 Rush

--------------

I missed my Cube...:(

JaWiB
12-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Right now, mostly Rainbow Six 3 for XBox...My only complaints with the game are that they should release new maps, and fix the weapon stats (some guns are too powerful and some are way too weak)

Before that, I was playing Battlefield 1942, but not much recently.

ZakkWylde969
12-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Warcraft and Diablo are those type of games that only are good when playing against real people over the web. It's alot harder and more fun. I played those for a long time. I got pretty good in Diablo II. I had a couple different accounts with lvel 99s and good legits. Gave it up because it was so addicting and i lost my life.

Waldo2k2
12-01-2003, 06:38 PM
PC: Street Legal Redline, MiG 29, Deer Hunter 4, Black and White

NES: Kirby's Adventure, TMNT2

N64: Perfect Dark

axon
12-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Waldo2k2
P Black and White

I've heard a lot of good about this game, but never got it. Is it any good? I could probably get it for a few bucks now.

DISGUISED
12-01-2003, 08:10 PM
PC - EverQuest, Frozen throne on bnet, recently quit SWG after I ran out of content and pvp got old, and just finished some old school snes secret of mana (emulated)

PS2 - Madden, and just started Castlevania: lament of innocence

GBA - Final Fantasy Tactics

Next MMORPG (summer 2004, hopefully): WoW - undead mage

Govtcheez
12-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by axon
I've heard a lot of good about this game, but never got it. Is it any good? I could probably get it for a few bucks now.
It's a hell of an exercise in programming AI and interactivity, but I didn't find the actual fun in the game.

axon
12-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
It's a hell of an exercise in programming AI and interactivity, but I didn't find the actual fun in the game.

can you give me a few setance summary of what it is about? from what I can remember is that you are somesort of a diety and control people who worship you....hmm I should look through some old pcgamer's....

Govtcheez
12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by axon
can you give me a few setance summary of what it is about? from what I can remember is that you are somesort of a diety and control people who worship you....hmm I should look through some old pcgamer's....
That's about it. You have an animal representative on the world and use him to help convert people and carry out your will. It had some really great ideas, but I didn't think the game was any fun after about a week.

*ClownPimp*
12-01-2003, 08:39 PM
im still playing Quake 3 hehe

axon
12-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by *ClownPimp*
im still playing Quake 3 hehe

and I've happily switched to return to castle wolfenstein...if anyone here ever plays RtCW online my name there, is "YoMama". I usually play on the beach map.

JaWiB
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Maybe I'll get on wolfenstein sometime...I didn't think it was that great, so I never really played online. Oh, and my name is JaWiB :D

axon
12-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by JaWiB
Maybe I'll get on wolfenstein sometime...I didn't think it was that great, so I never really played online. Oh, and my name is JaWiB :D

I agree, the singleplayer was only good to a certain point when the story begun getting borring, but the multiplayer is awsome! if I'm not mistaken it uses the Quake engine. Personally I enjoy RtCW more then medal of honor or batllefield 1942....its just more fun to play for me.

going back to Black & White though, I've done a few searches and really like the concept for it; if I can get it cheap I probably will. But then again I might wait till B&W2 comes out, more info here (http://www2.bwgame.com/static/bw2003/bw2.html)

Kinasz
12-02-2003, 03:59 AM
Anything dreamcast, cheap and awesome gameplay, with fairly good graphics

Nutshell
12-02-2003, 06:10 AM
Doesn't anyone play Flight Sim 2004?

Liger86
12-02-2003, 06:36 AM
I'm still into all this grand theft auto stuff, like vice city.

Ohhhh, you should see the graphics! Yikes

SourceCode
12-02-2003, 07:52 AM
I play ROMS lol. NES, SNES, GBA etc.

nvoigt
12-02-2003, 09:00 AM
BF1942 + RtR + SWoWWII
( ...rules )

Star Wars Galaxies
( Bug ridden, imbalanced, not very Starwarsy... but hey, I still have my UO account even if I had no client installed for a year... when it comes to MMORPGs I'm just a masochist )

Waiting for Warhammer Online
( doesn't look too promising though... )

All time best:
Pirates!
Fallout Series
Ufo
Panzer General Series
Civilization Series

Shadow
12-02-2003, 10:30 AM
NES(I use my top loader, put my front loader away when I bought my top loader recently) -
Mega Man 1-6
Zelda 1&2
Castlevania 1-3
Legacy Of The Wizard
Kirby's Adventure
Ninja Gaiden 2
Batman
Mario 1-3

SNES:
Super Mario World
Mega Man X

Playstation One:
Mega Man 8

Nintendo 64:
Star Fox 64
Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64

Atari 2600:
eh, whatever floats my boat at the time...don't play very long

Sega Game gear:
Something sonic

Gameboy original:
Mega Man 3

Sega Genesis:
Sonic Spinball

Sega Dremcast:
hafta get a controller and Marvel VS Capcom 2 yet to play anything on this :)

Nostalgia PC:
One Must Fall 2097
Blood
Realms Of Chaos

Modern PC:
Mega Man X5
American McGee's Alice(waiting for American McGee's OZ)
Bloodrayne(waiting for part 2)
all my emulators for the above systems I own

Shogun
12-02-2003, 11:12 AM
I play any game I can get my hands on for PS 2...

vasanth
12-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Need for speed: Underground
Delta Force Black Hawk Down
COD

Fountain
12-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Nutshell
Doesn't anyone play Flight Sim 2004?

Not bought it.

I have played 2002, it was lots better (faster, ATC etc) than 2000.

ober
12-02-2003, 11:56 AM
is NFS Underground a good game? I'm a NFS junkie and I've already bid on 3 copies of it on ebay, but I want to make sure I'm getting a good game ;)

Xei
12-02-2003, 12:32 PM
is NFS Underground a good game? I'm a NFS junkie and I've already bid on 3 copies of it on ebay, but I want to make sure I'm getting a good game ;)

NO! NFS was ruined right after they made NFSPU. NFSPU was going good, physics was on a roll.. but them HP2 came out and the whole series went to $$$$. Underground is evil! evil! evil!

If you want realistic, good games then get Colin McRae Rally 3, it is good.

BTW, I play (only PC):

-Hitman 2
-NFS: PU
-Colin McRae Rally 3
-Call Of Duty
-Star Trek Elite Force II
-Star Trek Bridge Commander
-Richard Burns Rally <-Not released yet, I hope it's good.

Racing games that suck:
-Anything new from EA.
-V-Rally (completely unrealistic)
-Rallisport challenge

Richard Burns Rally Screen-Shots: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RBR/screenshots

axon
12-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by nvoigt

Waiting for Warhammer Online
( doesn't look too promising though... )

yeah, same here. It has been in the works for like 3 years now. I'm expecting big things out of it but it will probably be overshadowed by some other game that has roots in pc gaming. Only a few (relatively) people know about warhammer, and those will surely enjoy it..

ober
12-02-2003, 12:40 PM
NFSPU was the bomb. And you're right, I wasn't happy with the release of NFSHP2. It was weak and doggy. I'm still going to try and get a copy of NFSU tho.

I don't so much care about how realistic it is... I just want to race and have sharp/quick graphics with a half decent physics engine. Hell, I don't even have to race. If I could just pimp some cars out and drive them around, I'd be happy.

Oh, and I'm a huge Hitman fan... I own 1 and 2 :D

axon
12-02-2003, 12:42 PM
>>If you want realistic, good games then get Colin McRae Rally 3, it is good.

yes, all of the McRar rally games have been really good...I've spent many hours racing on the australian orange dirt roads. This game will appeal to most car racing game fanatics, but to real rally enthusiasts like me it is simply a m a z i n g.

The Burns rally game should be good as well....and btw Burns is my favorite driver at the current moment.

Xei
12-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I would love to participate in the Gumball 3000. There is only one things that really confuses me. How the hell do these quite young people afford Ferrari spyder's! and other hot cars! WTF!?

http://gumball.briankelley.com/about.php

novacain
12-02-2003, 10:28 PM
PC LAN

Operation Flashpoint Resistance
BF1942 inc expansions

PC

TOEE

Glirk Dient
12-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm currently into Star Wars Galaxies.

I have heard bad from you guys but the game is still new BUT it has changed a lot recently, not so in balanced or buggy.

The game also has a lot of potential and promise. If any of you guys want to come back and play with some good people and do fun events send an e-mail to Glerk in game on the intrepid server, would be nice to get another C(++) programmer in there.

frenchfry164
12-03-2003, 04:53 PM
UT2K3
Avernum 3

Both on PC

axon
12-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by frenchfry164
UT2K3
Avernum 3

Both on PC

what do you think of avarnum frenchfry? I've heard good things about it from a lot of people. The game makers website is dire though...sort of makes me think that the game is similar. http://www.avernum.com/avernum3/

nvoigt
12-05-2003, 06:15 AM
I'm currently into Star Wars Galaxies.

I have heard bad from you guys but the game is still new BUT it has changed a lot recently, not so in balanced or buggy.

The game also has a lot of potential and promise. If any of you guys want to come back and play with some good people and do fun events send an e-mail to Glerk in game on the intrepid server, would be nice to get another C(++) programmer in there.

Sorry, I play on Ahazi and Gorath :) It's fun and has potential, but also is buggy and imbalanced. It desperatly needs more Starwarsyness, too...

But I have a master entertainer, master musician, master dancer that is really fun :) Only Macrotainers are plaguing me...

cola
12-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Im really into the fantasy genre, with games like the Baldurs gate series, Fallout 1 and 2. But I also like Final Fantasy because of its anime style all over it.

Now I am currently playing warcraft 3 because I like games were you must use your brain and can come up with various strategies and stuff.

:D

itld
12-07-2003, 08:08 PM
Howdy,
MS links 2003 my average torny is 10 under.

M.R.

Glirk Dient
12-10-2003, 07:00 AM
Yes SWG is full of bugs and inbalance but they are reworking a lot of the engine. They are making a new combat engine(not tweaking) and are fixing a whole lot of other stuff.

The devs for this game actually add new content and fix things regularily, plus they have a good system for keeping in touch with the public via forums and corespondents.

I think it's mostly holotainers now though, but they still use macros unfortunately.