PDA

View Full Version : msn protocol on gaim

Klinerr1
11-22-2003, 12:49 PM
i just downloaded the newest version of gaim a few days ago, and i added the libmsn plugin so i could be on MSN, when i try to login on it i get an error

sakotheinsane@hotmail.com was unable to sign on: protocol not supported. i looked on the gaim site i got no clue wut to do

im on redhat 8

i also tried to install aMSN with no luck, after i extract it and try to run aMSN in the console it says

/usr/bin/env: wish: No such file or directory

please help me! i hated being noobie at $$$$ :{

i gotta add these codetags caue it thinks im posting code :E

Scourfish
11-22-2003, 02:31 PM
I think MSN recently changed their protocol and forced upgrades in order to prevent third party software from accessing.

Brian
11-22-2003, 04:40 PM
GAIM works on the latest MSN protocol and therefore still works today. as far as i know you just compile it or install the binaries and MSN works out of the box. The MSN plugin is pretty much integrated now.

Klinerr1
11-22-2003, 04:40 PM
-blink- -blink- i just got gaim installed. i dunno how to recomplile it or nothing.... actual;y gaim came with redhat 8 when i isntalld it

Brian
11-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Klinerr1
$$$$ign greedy asswhipes.

MSN host the service for free on the condition you see their adverts. Thats not exactly greedy.

Klinerr1
11-22-2003, 04:44 PM
ye but they did it so u have to be running windows to use thier messanger

Brian
11-22-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Klinerr1
ye but they did it so u have to be running windows to use thier messanger

Microsoft aren't exactly the front runners when it comes to releasing software for linux. It would be like Ford giving away wing mirrors to Ferarri.

Klinerr1
11-22-2003, 04:59 PM
how do i install the "tcl/tk packages" so i can use the wish command in the console