PDA

View Full Version : Matrix is unleased (will spoil the fun![warned])

Pages : [1] 2

Liger86
11-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Go ahead spoil the fun, tell how it ends!

I have not seen it yet, but I really don't care if you tell the story before I see the movie.

Put in an alternative ending that you wanted to see added to the matrix!

javacvb
11-05-2003, 07:51 AM
I got the opportunity to watch it tonight but it is showing at 10pm. Too late for me. I will watch it tomorrow and will let you know.

In Matrix Reloaded, Trinity used Nmap to port scan.

Really cool!

They should have Bjaerne Stroustrup as The Architect instead of Hollywood actor.

:D

Govtcheez
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
All right, here's the ending.

DON'T CONTINUE IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED BY THEIR LAMEASS COPOUT OF AN ENDING.

From another forum:
Now, Where do i begin on how utterly $$$$ty this movie was? I mean i have never been more disgusted with a film since Hudson Hawk. But how do you ask? How could the final installment in one of the best trilogies ever suck? Well first off.. ewoks... secondly apparently pretty easily.

Let's go into the point of how this movie is the gayest thing since Elton John:

1) The severe LACK of action. If you think Reloaded lacked any balls then this movie is a screaming fairy. There were 2 fights inside the matrix. One of which looked like something Dragonball Z ate for dinner, $$$$ out into the mouth of a homeless man and took a picture. the only other battle was obviously the defense of Zion, which by the way wasn't half as impressive as i thought it would be. Ok granted the special affects of the thousands of Sentinels and the Machine capital City, and the fields where matrix babies are grown were cool.. But otherwise it lacked any real wang.

2) Morphius slowly degenerated into a raging pussy from the first film. I mean in the first movie we got this hardass black dude with a gator skin jacket beating the $$$$ out of Ted in the most bogus journey he ever had. Now he's a whiny, poor me poor me little douche who needs Jada Pinket Smith to do everything cool for him. Morphius teh suck.

3) Now i know the lady who played the oracle died after Matrix Reloaded. i'm sorry to hear that. But the new person playing the oracle was the worst actress since Jennifer Lopez. Did they just go out on the street and say, "Hey! let's find the most random 90 year old black lady we can find! she has to be a good actress!"?.

4) Now this is the biggest spoiler of all.. The ending.. Which also happens to be my biggest problem with the film. I suggest you stop reading now if you don't want to know how this piece of $$$$ ends. Gods knows i wish i didn't know either. Let's see.. Neo, embarks for 01, which is the name of the machine city for anyone who hasn't watched the animatrix. now along the way he gets to see lots of babies being grown.. oh wait no he doesn't because Human Smith burned his eyes out with an electrical cable.. how $$$$ing pointless.. So now neo gets to use "The One" vision where everything electrical is gold.. ok.. and? Once He and Trinitty make it to 01 after Neo does his impression of Obi Wan Kenobi, Trinitty most anti-climacticly beefs it as they crash their ship into a building. Boo hoo right? No they sit for about 10 minutes repeating themselves which is the worst dialogue ever for a death scene about how she just wanted to say she loves him.. Over.. and over... and over... i was at the point where i literally shouted "JUST DIE ALREADY $$$$$!" Oh yes let's see.. Once Neo makes his way through a little tunnel of wires and $$$$ he meets: UBER SENTINEL. Yes it's simply a giant sentinel.. that does what you ask? Oh all of jack $$$$.. So once Ted, err Neo, convinces Uber sentinel that only he can stop Smith from infecting the matrix anymore.. And he gets jacked in by uber sentinel, He begins his "Ode to Dragonball Z" fight with a single smith.So after all the flying and punching and lame use of bullettime with rain drops, you'll see... i guess.. He finally just.. wins? no.. he gets his lame little Ass handed to him.. In fact he gets turned into a smith!!! Which somehow magically erases smith.. all his clones... and fixes the matrix..

So now hey , he pulled the jesus christ and died for their sins right? Pfft.. The machines halt their advance.. the little bald kid from Reloaded runs out screaming the war is over the war is over... guss what so is the movie.. the end.. no hidden screeners, no epilogue.. NOTHING. that is all the Wacka Wacka brothers wrote. The sky is still dark, the people are still enslaved in the matrix, and everyone is living is what used to be zion but is now a crater of death and fire.. But at least they're alive right? The movie cuts out inside the matrix where the Architect and the NEW oracle have a little chat about whether o not the peace will last. and that's it. The END. No closure... No epic battles.. No God like revival.. NOTHING.. I am so depressed i am going to bed. Watch this movie at your own risk, but don't give your money away for something so fowl and trite.

Brian
11-05-2003, 11:04 AM
well they are opposites so they cancel each other out.

anyway, i agree. dumb film.

nvoigt
11-05-2003, 08:59 PM
I've watched the triple feature tonight. The third part is popcorn chinema. Good special effects, a love story and a half, no big story to worry about otherwise.

If you like stories you think about days after the movie, watch part one and pretend part two and three never happened.

If you like good popcorn movies, get a few beers to minimize the afterthought of part one and enjoy two and three. Nice action, nice specials effects.

PJYelton
11-05-2003, 10:03 PM
One word to describe this movie - lame!

Okay, I lied, actually a few more words. Utter disapointment. They tried way too hard to make it into a run of the mill action movie that could appeal to everyone instead of those who actually cared about the movie. So instead of a fun dark movie like the first, we get this crap that had about every action cliche ever written, none of the questions that everybody has been waiting to be answered were even remotely worth the wait, they are never really in the Matrix to do anything cool, and no real fight scenes! You want to know the dialogue of the whole movie?

"I believe in the saviour, he will save us"
"I don't believe in the saviour, I believe in Neo"
<cut to next scene>
"I believe in you Neo"
<cut to next scene>
"Neo will save us, I believe in him"

OVER AND OVER AGAIN, and when they aren't saying that, its Trinity and Neo saying how much they love (and believe in) each other.

And for the love of god Morpheus, lay off the damn cheeseburgers man! 300 pounds ain't a good look for you!

Scourfish
11-05-2003, 10:34 PM
I'm going to jump on the "that movie $$$$ing blew" bandwagon.

But I'll have to admit, for being predictable, incomprehensible, and boring, it sure makes up buy being corny as hell.

I'm glad that this area of Ohio only charges$7 for a movie ticket instead of $15 like in much larger cities.

DId I mention that this movie reminded me of how much I hate Dragonball Z?

Thantos
11-06-2003, 08:10 AM
I wasn't all too impressed. And not because of the love story or the fight scenes. Its 100% because of the open ended storyline they left us with. I mean jeez lets finish it already. Tell us if they find a way to smack down the machines or find a mutally benefitual way to co-exist in peace.

I do think people are being overly harsh on the love aspect. It has been an important theme in all three movies. Its also one of the main forces that has kept Neo going.

However the whole Neo = Jesus theme in the movie sucked.

Govtcheez
11-06-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Thantos
I do think people are being overly harsh on the love aspect. It has been an important theme in all three movies. Its also one of the main forces that has kept Neo going.
I'm harsh on it because it's been really shoddily developed. Neo and Trinity know each other for less than a week in the first one, and then all of a sudden "I love you". It's also the reason we had to sit through that totally uncomfortable rave/sex scene in Reloaded ("Oh yeah, caress the sockets, yeah baby!").

Also, the fact that Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Ann Moss couldn't act their respective ways out of paper bags helps.

Pendragon
11-06-2003, 08:53 AM
Effects were pretty good... (love that squishy, just-punched-in-slo-mo, face agent Smith!) plot... less said about that the better. They could at least have finished it.

The machine city was pretty cool... the face of the machines reminded me of the borg... or a rather large sea urchin.

It was good... but the first is undoubtedly the best in my opinion.

Liger86
11-06-2003, 09:22 AM
I have hear that the cool special effect where there are multiple Smith's had cost around 100 huge!

PJYelton
11-06-2003, 11:15 AM
I'd have no problem with a love theme if it was done well, but when it causes the entire theater to take off to the restroom everytime Neo and Trinity are alone together (true story in my theater!), then something is seriously wrong.

And why wasn't Seraph allowed to fight Smith? I'm still ticked they got rid of one of the coolest characters in such a lame way.

DISGUISED
11-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Yeah, personally I didn't think it was that good at all. I think the biggest mistake they made with the second two movies (beyond the plot) was refusing to pay Jet Li the money he wanted.

TechWins
11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
I was very dissapointed with it. This movie could and should have been a lot better. I think Neo turned out to be the lamest in the movie getting his *** kicked in practically every scene he was in, or him and Trinity expressing their deepest love for each other. What a joke that Trinity decided she would go with Neo at the end. Then the small roll that Baine (is that his name?) turned out to play by only taking out Neo's eyes. Oh but wait Neo has super vision. Stupid. The love speeches never stopped in this movie. With Kanobe (sp?) and Morphius, Link and his gf, especially when the gf told her mom why she would be volunteering, and Neo and Trinity. There was so many dissapointing aspects about this movie it's pathetic. A huge dissapoint as far as I'm concerned. Maybe one of the biggest dissapointments ever. I was really hoping for more of an "explanation" through an epilogue than anything else, and we didn't get sh!t.

sean345
11-06-2003, 05:11 PM
I was a little dissapointed in the the third Matrix. I thought it started off pretty good and I like the part where Neo runs around in a circle in the train station. There was good karate fighting with Serraph, Trinity, and Morpheus going into the club, but that is about it. I think it need more karate fighting.

The fighting at Zion was pretty cool and intense too. I thought the final fight scene with Smith and Neo was a little repetitive. And Trinity's death scene was like 10 minutes too long.

Overall though, they had to bring the entire series to a close and they had a lot of loose ends to bring together. I think they ended it the best way they could. I like how it ended without telling what would happen between humans and machines. It leaves it a little open to interpretation. If history repeats it self and knowing human nature, I would say there will be another war.

My interpretation of the end was that when Smith took over Neo it wasn't just that they were both opposite. Neo then decided to rejoin the source (that's why the Matrix gets reset at the end) and when he gets his code taken apart at the source he brought Smith's code with him. It was the only way to gets Smith's code to the source (where it should have gone when he was deleted in the first). Thus, at the end we see the matrix get reset and Smith is gone.

- Sean

Liger86
11-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Huh? Trinity died?

That is "bull"... Actually no one except Neo and Sypher thought she was hot!

Thantos
11-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Actually no one except Neo and Sypher thought she was hot!
Hey I'd let her kick my ass anytime.

nvoigt
11-07-2003, 05:05 AM
Hey I'd let her kick my ass anytime.

In the premier/triple feature there were a lot of people dressed like Neo or Trinity respetivly. And every single "Trinity" looked way hotter than the original on screen.
I'd watch a fourth part even, just to see most of them again :D

LuckY
11-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Wow... I am surprised to see that _no one_ here liked Revolutions! I personally cherished every minute of it. I ate it up. Yum! I think it was an astounding ending to a fantastic trilogy. I was utterly fascinated and am still pondering... Honestly, none of you liked it? How terrible...

I don't think the end is as open-ended as everyone is making out. The Architect created a perfect matrix again where only the humans who want to be connected will be and the others will be freed to join the rest of free humanity (albeit living free because of the will of the machines). So it seems humans will coexist with the machines for all time. One thing I don't understand at all is how the machines will survive if they let all who want out out. Are they still going to grow babies? Another question, why in the god don't the machines build a tower to rise above the clouds to absorb the sun?

Anyway, I think this trilogy is a monumental achievement. Watching it in IMAX made it an even more enjoyable experience. I am counting the days till the DVD is released so I can sit and enjoy the entire masterpiece in its entirety... To reiterate [for (itr = begin(); itr != end(); ++itr)] this is an amazing movie and feel priviledged to have witnessed such a thing in my young life.

Fordy
11-10-2003, 09:23 AM
I pretty much enjoyed it......good SciFi / Action film (as with the previous films) and a cut above most other films in the same genre....

>>One thing I don't understand at all is how the machines will survive if they let all who want out out. Are they still going to grow babies?

Hmm...the way I read it, the deal was that humans who realise they are in the Matrix and want out can do so without fear of being trashed by agents....the vast majority who are blissfully unaware of the situation will go on as normal.

Might have misread this totally...but that's how I reconcilled it in my mind...

LuckY
11-10-2003, 09:44 AM
>>the way I read it, the deal was that humans who realise they are in the Matrix and want out can do so without fear of being trashed by agents....
That's how I understood it, but then that would mean that humans are going to just accept that the machines continue to grow babies, right? I am also curious if the humans will just remain underground for the rest of time... It would seem they have no choice since the sky is scorched and the surface is cold. Not quite the happy ending I had hoped for for the human race, but at least the war is over.

I'm glad to see at least one other person here has some taste. ;)

Fordy
11-10-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by LuckY
That's how I understood it, but then that would mean that humans are going to just accept that the machines continue to grow babies, right? I am also curious if the humans will just remain underground for the rest of time... It would seem they have no choice since the sky is scorched and the surface is cold. Not quite the happy ending I had hoped for for the human race, but at least the war is over.

I'm glad to see at least one other person here has some taste. ;)

I dunno...I guess it isnt perfect....but it's a good option if your fate is to be wiped out utterly.....it would be good if such imperfect truces could be accepted so quickly and so trustingly by both sides in real life ;)

Clyde
11-10-2003, 11:25 AM
I was utterly fascinated and am still pondering... Honestly, none of you liked it?

Yea i hated it... a lot.

The first one was actually a good film, the second was mediocre and the third was just dire.

Govtcheez
11-10-2003, 12:37 PM
> The first one was actually a good film, the second was just dire and the third was mediocre.

That's better.

I think it helps that I actually had no good expectations going into the third one, since I already knew the ending. I was pleasantly surprised. I hope the Wachowski brothers are executed for that horrible, horrible second one, though.

FillYourBrain
11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
yeah, as long as they don't start executing programmers for writing bad code.

Govtcheez
11-10-2003, 12:53 PM
I didn't spend months hyping my code only to deliver a broken ass program with a pretty GUI and a help system 5000 pages long that doesn't actually answer anything.

LuckY
11-10-2003, 01:22 PM
You guys are being too hard on the bros. Again, the films are excellent. It is your opinions that are broken ;) But of course that is just my opinion.

Govtcheez
11-10-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm sorry, your opinion's wrong.

lightatdawn
11-10-2003, 02:47 PM
I wish I'd never seen the second two. The first movie is IMO one of, if not the, best movie I have ever seen.

The second Matrix would have been most excelent if it weren't a "Matrix" movie. I loved the whole highway scenes. Neo jumping off and smashing that car, the bike race backwards down the freeway, the ghost programs. All that was exceedingly entertaining, different, and very well filmed. One of the most awesome action sequences I've seen in a very long time. I just think the plot sucked. Coming into these two new movies, I had the expectation that I would be in for a masterfully done mind bender like the first. I guess the massive disapointment killed everything else there might have been.

And Trinity: "JUST DIE ALREADY!" Jesus H Christ that was a lame scene. I've never cared so little about a main character in a film dying. Its not like we hadnt figured out she had crap all pokin' out of her the second the camera was only showing like one hand and her head while neo scrambled around. Crappy cinetography there.

And is it just me, or does it make no real sense whatsoever that Neo can blow up machines in the real world? Are we just supposed to accept this?

Best part of 3 was in the matrix where every building and street was full of Smiths. That was cool. The fight blew chunks though.

LuckY
11-10-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry, your opinion's wrong.
My sentiments exactly. I'm glad we concur on something.

The fight blew chunks though.
Are you kidding me? That was unbelievable. I loved that scene. The fight for the dock was nearly as smashing.

You people are not right in the head if you ask me. And as a matter of fact, even if you don't ask me.

Clyde
11-10-2003, 03:09 PM
And is it just me, or does it make no real sense whatsoever that Neo can blow up machines in the real world? Are we just supposed to accept this?

Apparently so, Neo just has magic powers...... I was hoping we would get some answers in the third, but no no, just more plot holes instead.

PJYelton
11-10-2003, 04:22 PM
No they explained it. Since he is the one, he just can. :rolleyes:

And can anyone explain what the point of Morpheus was in the whole movie? He was so cool in the first one, but nonexistant in this one. Seriously, if he wasn't in the third movie it wouldn't have changed one bit!

lightatdawn
11-10-2003, 05:23 PM
>>Seriously, if he wasn't in the third movie it wouldn't have changed one bit!

Actually, the sad part is that this can be applied to basically any character except Neo. Give neo a ship from the get go, and every other character in the movie is just so much fluff.

>>Are you kidding me? That was unbelievable. I loved that scene.

Except that it looked like Superman vs Superman illustrated by Rob Zombie.

>>The fight for the dock was nearly as smashing.

You mean the part where 12 quazillion sentinals are unable to destroy 3 guys after 1/millionth that number wiped out the rest of the entire squad as well as the big-arse dock defenses. "New attack formation: Circle Menacingly as we get shot at!"

LuckY
11-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Except that it looked like Superman vs Superman illustrated by Rob Zombie.
You people are too damned picky... I thoroughly enjoyed every scene especially this one. I loved the fight choreography, cinematography (both real and animated), and the great special effects. The entire scene put me on the edge of my seat.

You mean the part where 12 quazillion sentinals are unable to destroy 3 guys
Yes, that's the part I'm talking about. I simply loved it.

I don't know what people expected to see in 2 and 3... Perhaps finding yet another One in the matrix and fighting even more agents would have satisfied them, but the first movie was simply an introduction to the world of the matrix and to the One. The second film was mostly an introduction to the real world and the problem that befalls it (both the machines and Smith). The third film is about resolution of the others.

I honestly have no clue why people are so disappointed/unsatisfied... Ingrates.

Govtcheez
11-10-2003, 05:58 PM
> I honestly have no clue why people are so disappointed/unsatisfied... Ingrates.

Crappy writing, lame characters (the most human seeming main character isn't even a human), over-reliance on special effects, and the biggest letdown EVER. If the original Star Wars Trilogy had ended with some ambiguously-sided character like Jabba the Hutt being killed and the Emperor and Rebels saying "well, that's who we wanted to kill along, let's be friends!", you think people would have been happy?

DISGUISED
11-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
> I honestly have no clue why people are so disappointed/unsatisfied... Ingrates.

Crappy writing, lame characters (the most human seeming main character isn't even a human), over-reliance on special effects, and the biggest letdown EVER. If the original Star Wars Trilogy had ended with some ambiguously-sided character like Jabba the Hutt being killed and the Emperor and Rebels saying "well, that's who we wanted to kill along, let's be friends!", you think people would have been happy?

Yeah, that's pretty much sums up exactly what I was thinking as well.

I honestly have no clue why people are so disappointed/unsatisfied... Ingrates.

I honesty have no clue why people would resort to name calling when faced with a different opinion. To each his own I guess :rolleyes:

LuckY
11-10-2003, 06:43 PM
I honesty have no clue why people would resort to name calling when faced with a different opinion. To each his own I guess
Exactly, ugly.

Thantos
11-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Exactly, ugly.
Righto, Smooth Brain

Scourfish
11-11-2003, 03:26 AM
You guys are being too hard on the bros. Again, the films are excellent. It is your opinions that are broken ;) But of course that is just my opinion.

It is my opinion that if you masturbate vigorously with a cheese grater you will find it can give you greater pleasure that the matrix revolutions.

Brian
11-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Clyde
Apparently so, Neo just has magic powers...... I was hoping we would get some answers in the third, but no no, just more plot holes instead.

Maybe he thought he had magic powers, but really didn't. Maybe the machines didn't want to kill him.

Although that still doesn't explain why he can see $$$$.

EvBladeRunnervE
11-11-2003, 01:00 PM
still doesn't explain why he can see $$$$.

maybe the matrix within a matrix theory still holds?

sean345
11-11-2003, 09:27 PM

I belive he can do this because like they said in the beginning of the 3rd: his brainwaves look like he's in the Matrix. He can communicate with the Matrix even when he is not plugged in. If he is connected with the Matrix then he is connected with all the machines too. So he just somehow sends a message telling them to fry themselves or to explode early. Or maybe I'm just rambling on and it is magic.

- Sean

Govtcheez
11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by sean345
I belive he can do this because like they said in the beginning of the 3rd: his brainwaves look like he's in the Matrix. He can communicate with the Matrix even when he is not plugged in. If he is connected with the Matrix then he is connected with all the machines too. So he just somehow sends a message telling them to fry themselves or to explode early. Or maybe I'm just rambling on and it is magic.

- Sean If the Matrix is connected to all the machines, then by taking over the Matrix, Smith would have taken over all the machines, too.

I saw this movie with a friend again tonight. It didn't age well; it was a pain to sit through a second time.

Liger86
11-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Revolutions.

I finally watched it!

So there were no revolutions at all, The Matrix was reset! That does not make any sense. And the oracle said to that girl at the end of the movie that Neo will be seen again somewere in the future, so can we expect another Matrix trillogy, maybe something with a totally different story.

Machines must be destroyed for them to call it revolutions!

But that is just personal opinion.

Liger86
11-12-2003, 08:52 AM
Here is another thought, what if there will be another movie, what if the matrix is actually a matrix inside a matrix, why does Neo have the powers out in the real world?

Maybe all he has to do is learn how to controll the "real matrix" just the same way he did with the "matrix" so he understands it better?

Stupid but not impossible.

BMJ
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
rev·o·lu·tion - A sudden or momentous change in a situation.

Crappily ending the series of movies they way they did would have nothing to do with http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com of course.

In 2004, the Matrix will become a reality, as gamers everywhere will be able to log into the Matrix Online and continue the saga of the Matrix movie trilogy.As soon as WB decided they were creating this MMORPG (announced in 2002), they sealed the fate of the movies.

the Wookie
11-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by sean345

- Sean
that sounds plausible.

or he's just using the force. alot of parallels have been made between the matrix and starwars...

Govtcheez
11-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by the Wookie
or he's just using the force. alot of parallels have been made between the matrix and starwars...
Such as the latest two movies sucking?

Govtcheez
11-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by the Wookie
Such as the latest two movies sucking?

Glirk Dient
11-12-2003, 07:08 PM
It's not a matrix in the matrix, all the people that could tell the first matrix was fake would realise that one is fake as well, it's his brainwaves.

The machines weren't killing the humans because they hated them, they were doing it to controll them, machines don't have feelings. They agreed to peace because they needed smith to be killed or they would also die.