PDA

View Full Version : Any Warhammer players

axon
10-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey all, I'm just curious to know if anyone here plays warhammer fantasy, or warhammer 40K? I'm guessing that some people do play one of the two games, based on the many geek quizes we have taken, or rather upon their results.

Anyhow if anyone does play I'm wondering what armies CS guys collect?

I personally play only fantasy, and collect O&G, Chaos, and Dark Elves.

axon

P.S. If anyone is interested in warhammer, check this (http://www.games-workshop.com) out.

Markallen85
10-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I Play Warhammer (lizardmen & dark elves) and 40k (Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Tyranids) here
also BFG (marnies) & Blood bowl (orcs)

yup, geek here :)

-mark

ZakkWylde969
10-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Definatly chaos people. They have the best of humans.

axon
10-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Markallen85
I Play Warhammer (lizardmen & dark elves) and 40k (Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Tyranids) here
also BFG (marnies) & Blood bowl (orcs)

did you see the new rules for DE? finally they will be able to do some damage on the battle field! I'm still predominantly a Orc and goblin player...I have almost 7000pts worth of orc minis!

novacain
10-28-2003, 01:06 AM
I started with WarHammer v2 Fantasy.

I have Skaven, Chaos, Undead but the rules changed and things like my doom wheel ect don't fit in anymore.

Now I play WarHammer 40K.
Chaos (mainly Khorne and Nurgle cult armies), Orcs (plenty of scratch built vehicles) and Imperial Guard. I also have lots of Space marines and Dark Eldar for my friends to use.

I have a huge collection that takes up a whole book case and a few cases (over 500 painted pieces). Too much terrain.

I don't buy any models anymore but occasionally scratch build a specific piece (the last was a Khorne Demon Lord from an old dragon ogre and a chimeras wings)

nickname_changed
10-28-2003, 01:41 AM
I used to play but I'm too busy these days. My favorite was dark elves but I also played orc. Whats this I hear about new rules for dark elves? Thats too bad, when I played (start of this year) people always complained they were too soft but I never had that problem, they just can't be used like a conventional army and people don't realize that. Can you tell me about those new rules though?

nvoigt
10-28-2003, 03:11 AM
I used to play most GW games, Warhammer Fantasy, 40K, Quest, Necromunda, BloodBowl etc. I'm to busy nowadays but it was a great time at school :D

WH Fantasy: High Elves, about 3K Points Infantry + another 4K Cavalry and Chariots ( 6 ). Some Griffons and two dragons. Points are for the old rules.

WH 40K: Dark Angels. I guess I fielded the most heavily armored elite force you could build from 1.5K points ( tourney size ): 2 Terminator Squads, Terminator Captain, Terminator Tech with twin lascannon (mounted) and 2 Dreadnoughts. People outnumbered me by 5:1 sometimes. That force rocked blasting about 100 Tyranids to hell... *sigh* the old days and old rules... I want my Termies back...
Had another 2K in normal troops and 3K Imperial Army with a lot of tanks :) The Marines were painted in the flaming skull color scheme of the Legion of the Damned... long before it even existed in the rules.

Quest: Witch Hunter mostly

Necromunda: Esher

Bloodbowl: Khaine's Killers ( Dark Elves ). Famous for starting out with only 8 men when the league starts but still beating teams with 11 :D Witch Elves rock.

axon
10-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
I used to play but I'm too busy these days. My favorite was dark elves but I also played orc. Whats this I hear about new rules for dark elves? Thats too bad, when I played (start of this year) people always complained they were too soft but I never had that problem, they just can't be used like a conventional army and people don't realize that. Can you tell me about those new rules though?

Well the new and revised rules for the DE have been published in the newest White Dwarf...I'm pretty sure they are on the GW website as well.

Govtcheez
10-28-2003, 11:57 AM
I used to play 40K as Dark Angels. I'm looking to unload my stuff if anyone's looking to buy.

axon
10-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by nvoigt
I used to play most GW games, Warhammer Fantasy, 40K, Quest, Necromunda, BloodBowl etc. I'm to busy nowadays but it was a great time at school :D

I'm in school, and I still don't have time to play or paint. For the past two years I've been doing it only during winter and summer breaks...as of right now I have not painted a model in over three months. I did play a few games though :D :D

axon
10-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
I used to play 40K as Dark Angels. I'm looking to unload my stuff if anyone's looking to buy.

gov, snap a few pics and post it on ebay. I know that a lot of 40K stuff gets pushed fast on there. Or maybe try your local hobby store, sometimes they buy that stuff...unfortunately they probably wont give you more than 50% of original value.