PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Optimistic

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 06:47 AM
Here's how I went at www.emode.com 's "Are You an Optimist or a Pessimist?" test.

You're pretty optimistic, but you've got a good dash of realism. The world isn't a vale of tears, but it's not the Good Ship Lollipop, either.

Have a go - it's pretty funny stuff.

RobS
11-05-2001, 07:04 AM
As far as I recall, ie without looking and seeing what I've got saved there...

I'm slightly pessemistic,
my colour is brown,
my aura is gold,
my flavour is liquorice,
I couldn't be any more like Chandler,
I should be a physicist,
my monster match is a ghost,
my ideal celebrity match is Cameron Diaz (although I've not met a male whose done this test and not had that answer),
I'm slightly evil,
I'm a cautious flirt,
I'm a regular Joe,

and I have way, way, way too much time on my hands.

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 07:19 AM
>>my ideal celebrity match is Cameron Diaz (although I've not met a male whose done this test and not had that answer),

Hey what are the odds? She was my celeb match as well :) LOL

The15th
11-05-2001, 07:23 AM
i did the "Are You an Optimist or a Pessimist?" test and got the same thing as you Stealth. Try the IQ test, im sure there are some questions that dont have answers. I got 106, too bad i have no idea what the hell that means, they need to have a graph, that shows resaults. anyway its late here, so goodnight everyone.

Fordy
11-05-2001, 07:24 AM
My colour is black.....................

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 07:26 AM
I just found out I'm a Goofball.

>>anyway its late here, so goodnight everyone

Bah! 11.30pm mate, it's early!

Fordy
11-05-2001, 07:28 AM
I took a IQ & Phsycometric test before a job interview once. At the interview the showed a graph that mesured my "dominance factor" - It went off the scale. I also had a higher IQ than the guy interviewing me (He would end up as my boss).

I kept my profile, it said stuff like "always knows he's right"....... Damn, I have my moments in work, but I'm not that bad.......

I didnt get the job.

RobS
11-05-2001, 07:29 AM
And so it begins again, one person incidentally lets a whole new social group learn about emode, and destroys countless man-hours of potentially useful time.

When will I learn??

Fordy
11-05-2001, 07:29 AM
>>I didnt get the job.

actually, thinking back...I turned it down...lol.....:p

Fordy
11-05-2001, 07:36 AM
"Am I evil" test;

Kinda evil. 7/10

Sexually evil - 4/10

Aggressive evil - 6.5/10

Black Hearted - 10/10 - "Ooo hoo you're one evil muther. Your heart is blacker than Darth Vader's helmet. "

Go figger..........................

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by RobS
And so it begins again, one person incidentally lets a whole new social group learn about emode, and destroys countless man-hours of potentially useful time.

When will I learn??

LOL - damn you! Now I'm going to be doing tests all night!

RobS
11-05-2001, 07:41 AM
Oh no, you're going to be doing pointless trivial tests for fun for a couple of hours, aren't I the lord and master of all that's evil... oh no, that appears to be Fordy:D

adrianxw
11-05-2001, 07:44 AM
>>>
Cameron Diaz (although I've not met a male whose done this test and not had that answer),
<<<

Hmmm, I got...

>>> Adrian, your match is Catherine Zeta-Jones!

I guess either would do if I were stuck, (or both possibly).

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 07:46 AM
Yes I always suspected Fordy was an evil character!

Fordy
11-05-2001, 07:49 AM
>>Yes I always suspected Fordy was an evil character!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

RobS
11-05-2001, 07:53 AM
See, he put down Jedi on his census form when he was far too old to begin the training and now he's gone evil.

Time to find an apprentice and get struck down, preferably by someone with a really good imagination...

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 07:59 AM
Am I evil 5/10
Sexually evil 5/10
Passive agressive 4/10
Black hearted 7/10

and my color is brown

Fordy
11-05-2001, 08:16 AM
>>, preferably by someone with a really good imagination...

What are you getting at?

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 08:21 AM
>>See, he put down Jedi on his census form when he was far too old to begin the training and now he's gone evil. <<

LOL I remember that email about how if x amount of people say they are a Jedi it will become a recognised religion.

Fordy
11-05-2001, 08:23 AM
>>LOL I remember that email about how if x amount of people say they are a Jedi it will become a recognised religion.

I thought you were from Aus?

Did it happen there too?

RobS
11-05-2001, 08:23 AM
"If you strike me down now, I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine"

I do believe is Obi Wan's warning to Darth Vader before being killed by him, hence implying that the imagination of Darth Vader was a variable in the after death abilities of afore mentioned Jedi Guardian.

Hence me being struck down by someone with little or no imagination would lead to me being really crap and ineffective spirit, however being stuck down by someone with a rally active and powerful imagination, could lead to after death uberness.

I was not at all commenting on your powers of imagination, just insanely typing away like I normally do...

Fordy
11-05-2001, 08:29 AM
Fair enough.....

I get you now.....

Therefore I hope to be slain by the most imaginative Sith Lord possible..............

But, was Obi's threat of substance. All he managed to do after death was tell Luke to seek Yoda and stand in the Ewok Town with Anakin & Yoda's ghosts at the end. Was Obi just talking crap or was Darth the thickest son of a b#tch in the empire?

RobS
11-05-2001, 08:34 AM
Don't forget, "Use the Force Luke" and possibly "Remember, the Force will be with you...always" and he had at least a couple of conversations with Yoda "Was I any different..." and so on and so forth.

And that's only what we saw him do.

Have you read the pseudo paper on the death of the ewoks following Return of the Jedi. I'll try and dig up the url if you haven't

Fordy
11-05-2001, 08:38 AM
>>Don't forget, "Use the Force Luke" and possibly "Remember, the Force will be with you...always" and he had at least a couple of conversations with Yoda "Was I any different..." and so on and so forth.

Fair enough...... but I still think he was all talk :p

>>Have you read the pseudo paper on the death of the ewoks following Return of the Jedi. I'll try and dig up the url if you haven't

No..but if you have the URL I would like a peep. Also, have you looked at the starwars sites and seen the extra stories linked to the Charectors. Stuff about Chewwie being killed by Han's son........... etc. Worth a look when youir bored.

RobS
11-05-2001, 08:44 AM
Well, since I'm generally of the opinion...

Hey Everybody,
let's have some fun,
you only live once
and when you're dead you're done,
so let the good times roll.

Being able to directly influence the living after my death isn't too bad.

I'll only have that link at home, I'll try and dig it up, its mostly down to a nuclear winter due to having a space station the size of a small moon blow up in a relatively low orbit above you and having it fall on you.

I've not read a great deal of the fiction, either online or in paper format. One of the books has Chewie die by having a moon/small planet dropped on him. Can't remember whose fault it was though.

Do you reckon we've subverted this thread enough?

And do you have any of the Star Wars lego, it's fantastic.

Fordy
11-05-2001, 09:11 AM
>>And do you have any of the Star Wars lego, it's fantastic.

No but it sounds good....that reminds me...has anyone tried the Mindworks (At least I think its that). I think its programmable lego. I remember reading about it years ago. I think it runs on a form of Basic, but there are other optionable language types.

I have never really looked into this, doeanyone have any info on it?

RobS
11-05-2001, 09:15 AM
The large scale X-wing and TIE Interceptor are amazing (and expensive) the technic Droideka is cool too but am yet to acquire that.

I've not got any of the mindstorms stuff but wouldn't say no, my girlfriend and bank manager would however.

RobS
11-05-2001, 09:47 AM
Gamegod, which test??

nvoigt
11-05-2001, 10:22 AM
Niels, your match is Cameron Diaz!

Yeah... sure... come over, I'm home tonight :p

Great news! There's a strong chance that you're really who you think you are.

pheew... glad I took that test ;)

Niels, you're a Poet! You're complex, artistic, and misunderstood.

huh ? I think you misunderstood me...

Stoned_Coder
11-05-2001, 10:53 AM
well i think i must have taken the wrong test.Here i was, like you guys, waiting in the queue for my go with cameron diaz and instead all it told me was that I was a lethal weapon and one of 14% of the worlds pop. doh!

Stoned_Coder
11-05-2001, 11:16 AM
ok i found it.... i got Kate Hudson...... must have her all to myself while you guys are queing up for diaz.:p

mithrandir
11-05-2001, 04:31 PM
>>I thought you were from Aus?
Did it happen there too?<<

I've got a mate over there who sends me heaps of stuff (well when I say stuff I mean pommie chain letters and the like).

dbaryl
11-06-2001, 09:57 AM
Do you think there's other intelligent life somewhere in the universe?
-Yes, but if they're smart, they'll stay away from us because we'll just want to dissect them

Now that was a great choice for an answer! :)

Pendragon
11-06-2001, 12:55 PM
There's something wrong with these tests...

...Personality test on thespark.com:

Submissive Introvert Abstract Thinker

"You are an accountant."

YEAH RIGHT!

IQ test on emode.com...

I WISH!

Optimist/Pessimist test on emode.com...

...quite optimistic with a good dash of realism. Basically, the world is sort of like a big coconut to you: tough and hairy on the outside, but, when you get down into it, there's good stuff inside.

That's close enough!

:) ;)

-Pen

Pendragon
11-06-2001, 04:14 PM
If you see a spider what do you do?
Make it radioactive, get it to bite you, and turn into spiderman. (the greatest action hero)

LOL!

Series X4 1.0
11-06-2001, 04:54 PM
That's just stupid. If I saw a spider indoors I'd probably kill it. Otherwise I'd just leave it.

Pendragon
11-06-2001, 05:01 PM
:eek:

'Tis bad luck to kill a spider!!

:: watches over-sized arachnid drown in a bath of hot water::

MUHAHAHAHA!!
:p

Series X4 1.0
11-06-2001, 05:08 PM
It takes like hours to drown a spider in water.

When I was a kid me and my friend sometimes drowned insects and spiders in oil. That's sick. I had a hard childhood.

Aran
11-06-2001, 06:12 PM
heh, one of my firends picks the legs of the daddy long legs that get stuck in his pool. It's very pleasant.

mithrandir
11-06-2001, 09:32 PM
>>I had a hard childhood.

Good grief here we go...

*Michelle*
11-06-2001, 09:49 PM
Oh geez, sick...
But if I saw a spider, (I hate them, ughhh), I will want to kill but not have the courage to because it just seems so mean to kill it..so I usually get someone else to do it...hehe...And they are SOOO ugly close up...

The15th
11-06-2001, 09:55 PM
We had a huge Hunsman in our car once, so dad (being a stupid idot) desided instead of just thowing it away, would play around with it. So he picked it up, and was being (a stupid idiot) and then it bit him, so he threw it.... It landed right on my face... arrrgghhh, they are sooo gross. The worst movie ever is Aracnaphobia <- excuse spelling.

*Michelle*
11-06-2001, 10:27 PM
hahahaha