PDA

View Full Version : Superman vs. Yoda

Leeman_s
10-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Me and my friends were debating superman vs. yoda.

Yoda has the force.
Superman has eye beams, super strength, and can fly, and he moves really fast.

What do you guys think would be the outcome for a fight between them, on EARTH not planet krypton.

Magos
10-18-2003, 04:42 PM
UniverseOf(Superman) != UniverseOf(Yoda)

Can't really be compared.
...but Yoda is way cooler, so I voted for him ^^.

joshdick
10-18-2003, 04:51 PM
Yoda all the way, man. Eye beams are like laser gun blasts, so obviously that's nothing to Yoda. And as we saw in Episode II, Yoda can move really fast and fly, too. As for superstrength, Yoda lifted an entire X-wing with his mind. Furthermore, and perhaps most importantly, the set of "laws" governing the two is very different. There is nothing that says that Superman will always prevail in a battle, but if one uses the Force, they will either prevail or "become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Darth Vader goes so far as to say that "the ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force." I think it's obvious that Yoda would prevail.

Govtcheez
10-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Batman beat Superman, so I'm gonna go with Yoda.

nickname_changed
10-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Pfft, since when could batman beat superman?! Batman has to be one of the worst (although cool) superheros of all time. Spiderman would beat batman IMHO, but superman could drill them all. As for superman/yoda... I'd say yoda, he could probably just throw superman around with his mind or something.

Edit: What about Gandalf/Yoda? That would be a much closer battle.

Leeman_s
10-18-2003, 07:16 PM
Yoda can't dodge things coming at him that go at the speed of light (eye beams), and did you see how long and hard yoda worked at getting the x-wing out of the swamp? superman could lift it up with a hand.

All you guys say is "yoda can use the force"

Well, I have specifics. Superman could hover 40 ft. in the air shooting eye beams at the speed of light. Yoda coudln't dodge them forever, super man WINS!

DavidP
10-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Superman's strength and power depends heavily upon the environment he is in. If you remember back to the Superman movies, although his race did have extraordinary powers compared to Earthlings, the environment of Earth greatly helped out his powers.

His powers are not at the same level when he is not on Earth. His powers change constantly depending on environment.

Yoda's powers are universal. Yoda would win INCREDIBLY easily.

Thantos
10-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Yoda can't dodge things coming at him that go at the speed of light (eye beams)
Yoda could use the force to look into the future and dodge the beams before superman used them.

VirtualAce
10-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Definitely Yoda. Especially if he fights like he did in the latest movie. Lean, mean, and green. Short, too but that didn't rhyme.

:D

Govtcheez
10-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
Pfft, since when could batman beat superman?! Batman has to be one of the worst (although cool) superheros of all time.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/dragonballzcentral/cgc98ba6jiml1.html

major_small
10-19-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Leeman_s
Well, I have specifics. Superman could hover 40 ft. in the air shooting eye beams at the speed of light. Yoda coudln't dodge them forever, super man WINS! and yoda could take out his lightsaber and reflect every shot back at superman and probably aim them right up his ass...

or when superman starts flying, yoda could grab him and and crush him with his mind...

Originally posted by Leeman_s
did you see how long and hard yoda worked at getting the x-wing out of the swamp? superman could lift it up with a hand.except superman has to use a hand... yoda didn't have to do anything but sit there and think about it...

my oppinion: yoda would rape superman (if you couldn't gather that already)... superman's just a wannabe superhero... If i were yoda, i would put a krypton crystal in my lightsaber and stick it up superman's ass to watch him disintergrate from the inside out... bwahahaha...

Govtcheez
10-19-2003, 09:22 AM
>probably aim them right up his ass...
> stick it up superman's ass

Why don't you just come out and say you're gay for Superman?

major_small
10-19-2003, 09:40 AM
oh yes... how did i know somebody would bring up that i said it twice... so what... I WANNA SEE SOMETHING IN SUPERMAN'S ASS!!!

j/k... even tho i know i'll be seeing that in a sig somewhere... :D

frenchfry164
10-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Batman has to be one of the worst (although cool) superheros of all time.
I've always hated batman. The movies are boring and stupid, the show was plain retarded. Superman is stupid too. Spiderman, on the other hand, is plain awesome. But Yoda could take them all.

confuted
10-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by major_small
oh yes... how did i know somebody would bring up that i said it twice... so what... I WANNA SEE SOMETHING IN SUPERMAN'S ASS!!!

j/k... even tho i know i'll be seeing that in a sig somewhere... :D

sure enuf

Govtcheez
10-19-2003, 12:27 PM
> The movies are boring and stupid,

No way - the first movie rocked.

Brian
10-19-2003, 12:42 PM
Yoda will win! Lightsabers use kryptonite and thats why they are green.

major_small
10-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by confuted
sure enuf thanks... I feel loved... :rolleyes:

Cshot
10-19-2003, 11:08 PM
<--- will win

H&R
10-20-2003, 02:01 AM
Side tracking for an instant I agree the latter Batman movies could have been better, the first one was pretty good thanks to Tim Burton, but if you get the chance to read the graphic novel 'Dark Knight' by Frank Miller you get to really see Batman as he should be, NOT a superhero, a vigilante. As for superman vs Yoda I'm backing the short guy (shortarses are more dangerous)
:D

FloatingPoint
10-20-2003, 07:28 AM
Well, w/ such terrible mind power yoda could make superman lose his mind...:D

Fountain
10-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by FloatingPoint
Well, w/ such terrible mind power yoda could make superman lose his mind...:D

HA!

You are all mad!

Superman moves so fast, no mind jobby would ever work on him. Stuff the laser eyes move, Superman could rush Yoda before he had time to move.

Remember the movies? Superman moves like at ummm ( I guess) light speed.

He could nip in, rob the light sabre, have a smoke and polish Yodas head before Yoda even knew he was there! Twaddle to you.

Fountain
10-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Thantos
Yoda could use the force to look into the future and dodge the beams before superman used them.

Like since when?

Kinda sounds made up to me!

Besides, if he is losing Superman just needs to whizz around the planet a few times and go back in time, then put dud batteries in Yodas light sabre and hey presto!

Or...go back in time and make sure Yoda was never born....I think this battle is over. Yoda is a girl in comparison (no offence to girls)

major_small
10-20-2003, 07:49 PM
yoda is around 300 years old...
lightsabers don't use batteries... or electricity for that matter...

Thantos
10-20-2003, 11:53 PM
Like since when?

Kinda sounds made up to me!

I dunno they half dozen times through the movie when he closed his eyes and peered into the future.

Also remember when Qui-Gon Jinn explained how Anakin was so good at the pod races? He basically said that he can use the force to peer into the new future and react. He also said that it was a jedi trick, so I'm sure yoda would be more then capable of doing it also.

DavidP
10-21-2003, 01:35 AM
First of all, Thantos is completely correct.

>Remember the movies? Superman moves like at ummm ( I guess) light speed.

Obviously you:

A. no nothing of superman
B. did not read my earlier post

Supermans powers depend COMPLETELY and FULLY on the environment he is in. If you remember the 1st Superman movie (i think it was the 1st one...it might have been the 2nd movie), it explains that the environment on Earth ENHANCED Superman's powers, and that is why he is so powerful on Earth. He has completely different power levels on different planets (I don't think the cartoon holds true to that fact...but the movies clearly state it).

And Yoda IS able to see into the future. It is done several times throughout all the Star Wars movies.

Fountain
10-21-2003, 01:55 AM
And how do you know the planet they are fighting on wont enable superman to be like he is on earth. See now? Duh?

And...the difficult task of seeing into the future would be useless.

major_small
10-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Fountain
And how do you know the planet they are fighting on wont enable superman to be like he is on earth. See now? Duh?

And...the difficult task of seeing into the future would be useless. it's not difficult for a jedi master... its like a 6th sense...

how many other green planets do you know of? tatooine isn't even green...

Magos
10-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Leeman clearly stated that the fight takes place on Earth:

on EARTH not planet krypton.

Shogun
10-21-2003, 09:06 AM
yoda would kick supermans ass.

End of thread, Cut here.

WaltP
10-23-2003, 01:03 AM
Man, most of your arguments are nuts.

1) Superman is invulnerable. Only weaknesses are Kryptonite and Magic. The Force is not magic.

2) Fergit the movies -- go to the comics. Superman has been all around the universe and the ONLY place he has never had powers is in the Bottled City of Kandor, a city saved from Krypton.

3) During the fight, Yoda would realize he cannot hurt Superman, he's invulnerable. And Superman would realize that he can't get to Yoda because he can't get thru the Force, Yoda would be able to dodge as fast as Superman could throw anything at him -- even his eye rays.

4) And finally, they are both on the side of good -- they would have no reason to fight.

So it would be a draw.

There. Logic wins! :cool:

DavidP
10-23-2003, 05:26 PM
>Superman is invulnerable.

NO he is NOT. He is very mortal. His body is just incredibly strengthened in Earth's environment.

Yoda could easily use the force to keep Superman at bay.

PJYelton
10-24-2003, 09:08 AM
While I have a lot of respect for the little green fighting machine, he really has no chance of defeating superman. Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak minded which Superman is not. So as long as Superman stays away from the light saber (which may not even cut him if he does get hit!) all Yoda has is a force punch or using the force to throw things at him, neither of which would hurt him very much.

And besides, if Superman wanted to cheat a little, he'd just drop a few nukes on him. Yoda is certainly capable of being defeated, otherwise he wouldn't have had to hide out on his swamp planet for so many years.

Oh, and this might not be true in all Superman universes, but I've read that he gets his super power from the yellow light of the sun, so he is weakened on planets with very thick atmospheres.

Thantos
10-24-2003, 09:51 AM
you forgot about the lightning that yoda can shove up his arse

PJYelton
10-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Bah, that would be mearly an itch to superman. Besides, as far as i can tell, thats only a dark side power which Yoda does not possess.

Thantos
10-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Yoda possess the ability to use the lightning, but due to the fact that is it desructive doesn't use it. Think back to the battle between him and Count Daku (spelling?)

PJYelton
10-24-2003, 10:11 PM
I've only seen the movie once and it was awhile ago, but I don't remember anything happening in the movie that gave an indication Yoda could do the lightning.

caroundw5h
10-24-2003, 10:21 PM
When is this thread gonna close.

superman obviously duhhh.

FloatingPoint
10-25-2003, 08:31 AM
It's yoda's telekinetic abilities that will make superman's heart stop beating, or his blood vessels burst, or his mind cells flushed blank so that the guy will never know what he was capable of doing, or simply make superman think that he's living in world of surrounded w/ green kryptonite...

After all the brain only deciphers what the senses feel into something understandable, and this is where yoda's powers will overcome superman's thinking process and instead of turning those signals into what he thinks he knows, he'll be processing those input the wrong, and consequently, fatal ways...

And superman almost fell to his own personal demons (in superman 2 I guess) so there will be other times when his mind's kinda working slow...

hehe...

Brian
10-25-2003, 11:00 AM
Neither would win. Yoda would not fight superman and superman would not fight Yoda. This is because they are both good.

Dumbasses.

major_small
10-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by PJYelton
Bah, that would be mearly an itch to superman. Besides, as far as i can tell, thats only a dark side power which Yoda does not possess. no, it's just concentrated force... as long as you can have complete mastery of the force you can use it...
Originally posted by Thantos
Yoda possess the ability to use the lightning, but due to the fact that is it desructive doesn't use it. Think back to the battle between him and Count Daku (spelling?) that's only because both of them were about equal in their knowledge/use of the force...

Thantos
10-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Just saying the light side has the ability to use the lightning but chooses not to.

Yoda would not fight superman and superman would not fight Yoda. This is because they are both good.
Ever hear of sparring? Besides superman isn't good. Look how much damage he does to the city.

Fountain
10-26-2003, 02:41 AM
<<<Since the 1930's Superman has set the tone for massively overpowered superhero's. Does anyone even know his complete catalog of powers? We're pretty sure at one time or another he's had every one listed in the Marvel Superheroes Ultimate Power Guide (TM). Seriously, how much kryptonite is there in the world? Apparently enough to give him a challenge for over half a century of cartoon and comic book appearances. Invulnerable, planet-crushing strength and faster than light with a few dozen odd powers thrown in, Superman is the one American Superhero every villain hates to have crash their party.>>>>

So....to keep everybody happy..........

SMurf
10-26-2003, 05:40 AM
That's right Fountain, Yoda would teleport himself into the top half of Superman's body, killing him in the process and stealing his powers. Little thief... :p