PDA

View Full Version : They Cut Simon's Head Off In Lord Of The Flies

Silvercord
10-11-2003, 12:28 AM
OMFG! READ THE END OF THE CHAPTER 'A VIEW TO DEATH'...it details the 'fiery eyed creatures' returning to the body and 'working round his (Simon's) head' and his body suddenly becoming buoyant (lack of head = more buoyancy) and then the pull of the moon forces the tide to come in and sweep the body away.

WOW

EDIT: I never even picked up on it the first time I read it, but it's true, they cut simon's head off...dammit!!!!! I'm going to start a band called 'decapitated Simon'

Thantos
10-11-2003, 08:02 AM
/clap

-KEN-
10-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Wow. You can read.

That's great.

the Wookie
10-11-2003, 10:57 AM
i think 'piggy go boom' sounds better

joshdick
10-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by the Wookie
i think 'piggy go boom' sounds better
Lol.
Second line.

Silvercord
10-13-2003, 07:42 PM
ahh! KEN, you bastard! It's almost impossible to even pick up on the fact that they cut his head off!! seriously!!!

TechWins
10-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks ..........hole for giving away such a big thing about the book in your title. I'm reading the book, and you ruined it for me. Thanks for being considerate to those who haven't read the book yet.

Silvercord
10-14-2003, 04:34 AM
oh come on you never would have found out anyway! seriously! read the end of 'a view to a death'...you never would've picked up on it if I hadn't said anything, I was doing you a favor!!! Want me to give away lots of other things too?

EDIT: I hardly ruined the book for you, the entire book is an allegory and if you think giving this one thing away ruins it then you missed tons anyway, so get the sand out of your ******

TechWins
10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, ok, maybe it was a slight (or really big) overreaction.

Silvercord
10-17-2003, 02:18 PM
I really don't mind. Tell me when you are done with the book so I can tell you who the person is at the end of the book (youll know what i mean when u get there).

do you think u would've picked up on the fact that they cut his head off? i want to talk about the metaphors golding uses in that scene with you. So tell me when you've finished that chapter. I bet I can make you appreciate the book a lot more by tying all of the metaphors into this idea of the "Lord of the Flies". Very powerful book, in fact the entire book is a metaphor (even the author himself said the book is a metaphor, it isn't just 'some cute story' or whatever).

TechWins
10-17-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm only reading the book during my 3rd hour class, because I have nothing to do in the class. I'm only going to be reading it while I'm in class, so it might take a while. Considering I've been off of school for a week. I figured that most people read the book during high school, and it doesn't seem like I'll ever wind up getting the chance unless I do it on my own. Other than that I'm not interested in the deeper meaning of the book, even though, I'm sure you might have really good insight on it. It's moreless a use of entertainment for me during my 3rd hour.:)

Silvercord
10-18-2003, 02:34 PM
bah, all right, but the actual story is...mundane...the symbolism makes it so much more enjoyable.

frenchfry164
10-19-2003, 10:05 AM
Sometimes it just amazes me how people can make threads about the most irrelevant, and worthless topics, and actually get replies to it.

Govtcheez
10-19-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by frenchfry164
Sometimes it just amazes me how people can make threads about the most irrelevant, and worthless topics, and actually get replies to it.
Just because you can't read doesn't make a thread about a book useless.

confuted
10-19-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Just because you can't read doesn't make a thread about a book useless.

It does for him.

Govtcheez
10-19-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by confuted
It does for him. Then he probably shouldn't have clicked on it.

confuted
10-19-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Then he probably shouldn't have clicked on it.
But some people never learn. They're impulsive and just have to click.

SMurf
10-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by confuted
But some people never learn. They're impulsive and just have to click.
Is it really necessary to quote the last post word for word all the time? :p

Dissata
10-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SMurf
Is it really necessary to quote the last post word for word all the time? :p

what do you mean?

:D :D :D

Silvercord
10-19-2003, 04:25 PM
arg, Govt, tell them how important it is for them to read Lord of the Flies...