PDA

View Full Version : Whats on your mind?

Pages : [1] 2

Fountain
09-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Not many new threads of late so.....

Post whats on your mind for the day-troubles or happiness whatever.

ANYTHING that is making you happy today or even annoying you is good.

Then, somebody may offer a solution or discuss it with you!

Come on, there must be something on your mind!

ZakkWylde969
09-22-2003, 03:55 PM
Well today I noticed that on my Windows a couple of files, whereas my friends mother apparently sent a document to my dad about her asking for a divorce to her husband. I have no clue why my dad has it, but that is going to cause quite a bit of hell and I'm tempted to tell my friend, but I don't want make her upset. Its a weird position.

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:05 PM
You see-this is good! (umm not your subject), but interesting!

Yeh, thats sounds bad! Maybe you should ask your dad why he has such a document.

axon
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
whats on my mind? well computer architecture midterm on Friday, lit essay due next Monday.....and oh yeah Phys2 midterm the same day....other than that....program due Wednesday.....plus the usual load of homework....

but on a good note I got 98% on my Linear Algebra midterm!:D

axon

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by axon
whats on my mind? well computer architecture midterm on Friday, lit essay due next Monday.....and oh yeah Phys2 midterm the same day....other than that....program due Wednesday.....plus the usual load of homework....

but on a good note I got 98% on my Linear Algebra midterm!:D

axon

98%? Well done that man! Looks like you are smart enough to do well in the others. Remember, early nights-dont stay up too late working. If you do you will lose out due to tiredness!

Stay calm and dont stress.

Good luck :)

minesweeper
09-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Selling my car and going to Vancouver for a year. I leave next week.

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by minesweeper
Selling my car and going to Vancouver for a year. I leave next week.

Ahh the traveller. Get the best price you can in the alloted timescale for your car-dont sell too cheap.

My brother loves Canada, especially Toronto and Vancouver. Says its very clean-take that as you will but I think he meant no litter-hehe. BTW he has been 10 times! Sorry I cant say more, but Ive never been.

Good luck minesweeper, and knock em dead. And dont forget...new country=new beers to try.

confuted
09-22-2003, 04:33 PM
I want to build a car that runs off stupid people. There are way too many of them, and they're cheaper than gas.

Any ideas on design?

axon
09-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Fountain
Good luck minesweeper, and knock em dead. And dont forget...new country=new beers to try.

isn't the plural for beer, beer?

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by confuted
I want to build a car that runs off stupid people. There are way too many of them, and they're cheaper than gas.

Any ideas on design?

Cannot possibly show a design unless I know what you mean by 'stupid' people. If you mean 'stupid' as in somebody thinks they can build a car out of people, then you qualify for a response.

Besides, if you knew what fuel costs in UK, you would post less tat. Read the thread! Are you really sure that this is on your mind, ie has been bugging you for days?

minesweeper
09-22-2003, 04:40 PM
>>Get the best price you can in the alloted timescale for your car-dont sell too cheap.<<

This has been a pain in the butt. It's a fiesta, P Reg. Didn't know what to price it at so I went for £1450. It was basically what other similar cars were priced at in the local paper. In fact I went slightly cheaper than them to get some interest. Not a single phone call or knock on the door in 3 weeks. So I dropped the price today to £1100 and changed all the adverts accordingly. Don't need a particularly quick sale though as the car can stay here and my parents will sell it for me.

I have friends out in Vancouver so I already have a place to stay. That's a big help to be honest. I got my degree in engineering this summer so I am hoping I might be able to land a sort of work experience placement with an engineering/computer firm out there for the year, got a visa and all that. Then you never know, if everything goes well and I like it, maybe I could stay :) . I went to Toronto last year and I loved it so yeah, I would agree with your brother.

Gonna miss England though. I'm a Brit through and through. Don't know WHAT I will do without good tea and warm ale :) .

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by axon
isn't the plural for beer, beer?

Debatable.

Anyway I am off for a few beers .

Hehe

Fountain
09-22-2003, 04:47 PM
I have friends out in Vancouver so I already have a place to stay. That's a big help to be honest. I got my degree in engineering this summer so I am hoping I might be able to land a sort of work experience placement with an engineering/computer firm out there for the year, got a visa and all that. Then you never know, if everything goes well and I like it, maybe I could stay . I went to Toronto last year and I loved it so yeah, I would agree with your brother.

Yeh, the little toerag is not right about much, but he seems to know his Canada/US!

Got a Visa! Thats good, if I were you Id find work with your degree, and you will prob never look back or miss us Brits again!

RoD
09-22-2003, 05:17 PM
whats on my mind? heh

LiquidCyanide17: we broke up
BluAngel523: what?
LiquidCyanide17: me n stef
LiquidCyanide17: i broke up with her : (
BluAngel523: you? what ?on boy what happened
LiquidCyanide17: gimme a sec
BluAngel523: k
LiquidCyanide17: when i got to dover sat nite this guy was sitting with stef and this guy from her work and the guy that she didnt work with pointed at stef and said "she needs to decide if she wants to be with you (the guy from work) or that guy over there (being me)". So i asked her bout it and it became this big why dont u trust me thing. Turns out, in her own words "nothing happened but i wont lie and say there arent feelings there". she also wanted a "break to figure it out" because its "not what it used to be" and "im scared of this long term thing" and "i dont know what my problem is".....so basically she said we couldnt work it out without a break, and i ended it
LiquidCyanide17: its not what i want, but....shes into another guy...again
BluAngel523: wow
LiquidCyanide17: yea.....she sounded so cool with it, she jus said "ok" and went to work
BluAngel523: wow
LiquidCyanide17: she was crying on the way home from dover for like 10 minutes and jus went to sleep. when i asked if she'd call me today she "didnt know"....so today...i..i ended it.
BluAngel523: oh
LiquidCyanide17: i dont wanna move on...but she changes on me so much, whats yer opinion
BluAngel523: yea she definately has issues she needs to work out
LiquidCyanide17: we agreed in the beginning we wanted a long term relationship...apparently she doesnt
LiquidCyanide17: i need to get really really drunk......shes so ok, i hate this love thing
BluAngel523: awl
LiquidCyanide17: the worst part is shes not going to come around this time. and even if she did, it wont last. Rather than work us out she wants to break it off for some guy at work.....i kno this will sound rlly bad but did i fall for the wrong girl?
BluAngel523: honestly....shes done this to many guys...once she finds someone she likes alot she goes for him and then another guy comes along who she think she likes and then breaks it off and goes wit him...
BluAngel523: shes always been like that i mean thats my bff but i know how she works
LiquidCyanide17: yea, im $$$$ed
BluAngel523: sorry babe
LiquidCyanide17: yea..me 2
LiquidCyanide17: time to move on i guess
LiquidCyanide17: never rlly had my heart broke, ive done it, but.....a first
BluAngel523: awl...im sorry sweetie
LiquidCyanide17: not your fault
LiquidCyanide17: i jus cant drag myself thru it knowing shes just going to do it again. i was about to get her this ring i had tricked her into picking out, 6month promise ring. glad i didnt
BluAngel523: wow...
LiquidCyanide17: yea
BluAngel523: but hay listen i gtg ill ttyl ly byes
LiquidCyanide17: bye gurl

Fountain
09-22-2003, 05:22 PM
Well ROD, please translate that WAY too big post, and we shall see what we can do. :)

Sounds like young hormones running out of control. It happens everywhere to everyone at some stage. Its hard and it hurts, but people always survive.

axon
09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Its hard and it hurts, but people always survive.

or put a gun in their mouth and pull the trigger to be with Lucifer....

confuted
09-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Cannot possibly show a design unless I know what you mean by 'stupid' people. If you mean 'stupid' as in somebody thinks they can build a car out of people, then you qualify for a response.

Besides, if you knew what fuel costs in UK, you would post less tat. Read the thread! Are you really sure that this is on your mind, ie has been bugging you for days?

I'm talking about those annoying people, like the ones that mess up your order at McDonalds and give you the wrong change, and the ones that ask if hurricanes can form over Lake Michigan after having lived in Michigan their entire life. (the answer is "of course not). I was thinking we could burn them for fuel :) Aaaaannnd... I came up with this idea while being obnoxious late last night. It isn't serious ;) So... ideas?

confuted
09-22-2003, 06:32 PM
And for those that need it...
http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/riaasubpoenas/
Find out if the RIAA is going to be suing you in the near future.

RoD
09-22-2003, 07:07 PM
you basically summed it up fountain.

TechWins
09-22-2003, 07:44 PM
I bought 4 cds tonight; I'm happy about that.

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief
The Promise Ring - Very Emergency
Jets to Brazil - Perfecting Loneliness
Bright Eyes - Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground

RoD
09-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Is there anywhere to dload a zip of whole albums? Looking for nicklebacks newest.

TechWins
09-22-2003, 08:26 PM
I highly doubt it since zip files don't decrease mp3 file size.

Here is a crazy thought, go buy the album. :eek:

twm
09-22-2003, 08:41 PM
>Come on, there must be something on your mind!
I have to get up extra early tomorrow to make my Aikido class at 6am. I really hate getting up early, but I really love Aikido...what a quandary. My chess game with myself is going well, so far black has control of a greater percentage of the board, but white has a distinct advantage in that no piece is unprotected and black has no viable attack strategies. I anticipate victory on the side of white, but the fact that black knows what white is going to do makes an assured victory more difficult. I suppose I should get some sleep to prepare for the long day tomorrow, but I've got a few administration duties to handle on my box and email/forums to take care of. What a bother. ;)

TechWins
09-22-2003, 08:49 PM
I can only imagine the fiery competition your chess game must have playing against yourself.;) Actually your game does sound fun. I would play a game, probably online, but I have hw to do.

twm
09-22-2003, 09:08 PM
>I can only imagine the fiery competition your chess game must have playing against yourself.
It can get intense sometimes. Why just today white gave black a dirty look after an exceptionally good move from black and nearly got his ass kicked. The current situation is like so (white's turn):

BR EE EE BQ BK EE EE BR
BP BP BP EE EE EE BP BP
EE EE BN EE BB BP EE EE
EE EE EE WP EE EE EE EE
WP BB EE BN EE EE EE WP
WR EE WN EE EE EE WP EE
EE WP WP EE EE WP WB EE
Qside EE EE WB WQ WR EE WK EE Kside

EE - Empty
W - White
B - Black

R - Rook
N - Knight
B - Bishop
K - King
Q - Queen
P - Pawn

goran
09-22-2003, 09:36 PM
my work sucks. desperately want to get out of this mess. Am trying a lot in other companies. Failure irritates me a lot !

Zach L.
09-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Lets see... whats on my mind.

One of the universities I am looking at applying to refuses to respond to my e-mails. Though I've been told that almost no one here can contact them (for some odd reason), I wrote them another e-mail today.

Lots of work... too many bloody papers to write!

axon
09-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Zach L.
One of the universities I am looking at applying to refuses to respond to my e-mails. Though I've been told that almost no one here can contact them (for some odd reason), I wrote them another e-mail today.

use a catchy subject line; I would use some thing like:

1. I have scanned your network and here is the problem....
or
2. Teen XXX - cum and see it fur your self big boy/girl

JaWiB
09-22-2003, 10:46 PM
I got some stupid projects to do...both from the same class-- health...WTH am I in this class!? Anyone got any resources on violence in society/road rage?

Besides that I am starting to get into game programming...so far I'm dealing with windows programming like resources, GDI text, etc...oh and marching band and golf...arg when does it stop!

H&R
09-23-2003, 02:47 AM
I’d like to share with you what’s on my mind, I hate the idiots that work for Halton Council, the very same idiots responsible for a ridiculous journey to work I was forced to endure, a trip that should take 45 minutes took 3 hours, why? I here you ask (or maybe not but stick with it) because following the overnight roadworks on the Runcorn-Widnes Bridge, some clown FORGOT to take away the traffic cones. Leaving a 5 mile radius from the bridge gridlocked. What makes this even worse, I don’t cross the bridge my work is just by there.:mad:
Do you think if I tell Dubya that’s were Saddam is hiding he might bomb the sh1t out of them for me.

PS: The above refers to the aforementioned bridge across the Mersey at Runcorn and Widnes. Neither of which are particularly nice places, so no-one would miss them. This would cause a minor rewrite of the “joke”
Two blokes in a pub,
one says “how’d it go with that bird?”
his mate replies “she said to me, kiss me were it smells”
“so what did you do?”
“I took her to Widnes”

TTFN

Govtcheez
09-23-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by TechWins
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief

I'm looking for your title to change soon.

RoD
09-23-2003, 09:01 AM
Lil cutie i know came over around 11 to make me feel better, left at 6:05am......not too shabby

Govtcheez
09-23-2003, 09:17 AM
What, that BluAngel chick?

RoD
09-23-2003, 09:49 AM
nah this girl whos into me but i kept putting her back cuz of stef, so i called las nite and was like hey guess what! Just found out a lil bit ago stef had come here to talk to me and saw her car, apparently shes rlly bugged.

Sure, i feel a lil bad, but....

Govtcheez
09-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Wow, you sound pretty broken up.

RoD
09-23-2003, 11:01 AM
I'm trying to keep it from getting to me, theres alot more hurt then im letting people see. I didnt do anything last night, we just talked for a few hours.

Govtcheez
09-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Oh, ok. It sounded like something else.

RoD
09-23-2003, 11:19 AM
My ex (god that is kinda hard to think of her as the ex...ouch) would agree with you.

nvoigt
09-23-2003, 11:22 AM
Whats on my mind ? The weekend is still on my mind though it's already tuesday. The saturday afternoon to be specific, where my grammar school 1st class held a 20 year reunion. It was really great meeting all those people, once close friends, now scattered all over Germany. With some I went through all 13 years of school, of some I had only vague memories. Some remarkable statistics:

10% were married
10% had children
( this was mutually exclusive... marriage and children doesn't match... WTF ? )

All of the "girls" looked really great... sexy... beautiful... charming.
Well, in comparison to a 20 year old photograph of a kid with pigtails that's probably not that much of an achievement, but really, they were looking great.

90% of the girls are in a happy relationship. Well, that leaves 10% right ? Sorry, the remainder was married ( see above ). WTF ?

80% of the boys are single, no one married.

The boys found out that we had all been jealous back then because only one of us had had a "Masters of the Universe" He-Man plastic castle. And we all still knew that the light green US Vietnam plastic soldiers 1/72 scale were the coolest ever.

The girls remembered their first $$$$$ing duel over a german grade in fourth class... and I'm real glad only one of those involved was there, because they would probably continued right where they left it :)

We remembered a play in 3rd grade. I can remember it was the story of Jesus being born. I'm not sure if I was a sheep or a shepherd, but I can remember I had a fluffy sheep-wool cloak.

We remembered a play in 2nd grade... sleeping beauty. I did not remember it, but we had photos... obviously I had been the prince. Damn, I bet I didn't appreciate the chance to kiss her back then. I wouldn't mind doing some rehearsal of the scene again :p

*sigh* I feel old...

( Hey RoD... sorry to hear that :( )

axon
09-23-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by RoD
I'm trying to keep it from getting to me, theres alot more hurt then im letting people see. I didnt do anything last night, we just talked for a few hours.

Hey RoD, a week of hard liquer and some weed should do the trick of lifting your spirits. But on a serious note, I know how you feel, it freakin sucks big donkey slappers....men take breakups much harder than women...its curious really, that women can move on so quickly.

feel better bro,

axon

confuted
09-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RoD
Is there anywhere to dload a zip of whole albums? Looking for nicklebacks newest.

Aahheeerrrrmmmm.... no (http://www.mirc.com/) that's (http://packetnews.com/) illegal (http://mydownloader.com/) I trust you can figure out where to take it from there.

Fountain
09-23-2003, 03:59 PM
Aahheeerrrrmmmm.... no (http://www.mirc.com/) that's (http://packetnews.com/) illegal (http://mydownloader.com/) I trust you can figure out where to take it from there.

Hehe.

Come on ROD, try to cheer up a bit.

So, one school reunion eh? I had one last year-jesus, it scared me!

Runcorn and Widness-ah yes did a bit of work round there 3yrs back-I liked driving over the bridge you wanna destroy!

Not much else on my mind tonight really-bit tired methinks :)

RoD
09-23-2003, 08:28 PM
LOL ask the FD crew wat happend on my last "drink to forget stef" adventure LOL.

I'm "ok", shes (not my ex) coming over again tonite

Waldo2k2
09-23-2003, 09:14 PM
well, i'm wondering if i should just work longer after school this week or not before play starts. I'm wondering what part im going to get (tryouts are tomorrow, but i've had the lead in every play/musical since sophomore year, im a senior now so it's in the bag but im still excited)
Also wondering if anyone will reply to my thread in the novell support forums...wondering how much school is paying for my job, when they're going to give me my check...when im going to get my guitar fixed...damn, my minds wandering like all hell tonight

novacain
09-23-2003, 09:56 PM
My little girl is having spelling problems.
Someone is mailbombing my hotmail account with the Swen worm.
My car has tyre problems.
My garden is out of control and the lawn mower man did not return from the backyard. I think the Koalas got him.
My company is trying to expand into the US market.
A side project is ready to be sold and we could be on a winner, 0 -> 400,000 in 1 government sale. If we can afford that volume.

Just the usual........

>>I'm not sure if I was a sheep or a shepherd, but I can remember I had a fluffy sheep-wool cloak.

When wearing a wooly costume, one should be VERY careful to remember if you are the sheep or the shepherd, especially in New Zealand.

If you are not the one in the Wellington Boots........

TechWins
09-23-2003, 11:33 PM
I'm looking for your title to change soon.

I don't know; I listened to the album once and wasn't too excited by it. Then again that usually is the case on the first or even second listen. Right now my favorite album out of the four would be Perfecting Loneliness from Jets to Brazil. We'll have to see what happens, though, such suspense on the title change...

Xei
09-24-2003, 01:35 AM

Any ideas on design?

Hmmm... we could enslave the stupid people somehow, then force them to pull us around, however, that would be inefficient. Ever played Carmageddon? If we make a car that kills people we could place their bodies into the trunk full of ice, retrieve any functional organs and sell them. Afterwards, we can use the money made from selling organs to purchase gas.

Fountain
09-24-2003, 01:39 AM
My garden is out of control and the lawn mower man did not return from the backyard. I think the Koalas got him.

Now this will play on my mind (for a bit).

Did the Koalas get him or not? Who knows....:eek:

Shadow
09-24-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm in the process of building a home theatre system. Finally getting around to it. My friend was trying to coax me out of PA equipment and into high-end HI-FI for quite some time.

What I already have:
TV (http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/tv/fdtrinitronwegatmtelevisions/kv-36fs13.shtml)
Receiver (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pe/product/detail/0,,2076_4153_38255,00.html)
CD Player (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=4jugx43x18mg6LKaBOGqzML_D5Lo16t_FLA=?Cat egoryName=hav_HiFiComponents_CDPlayers&ProductSKU=CDPCE375&Dept=hav)
Subwoofer (http://jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=PB12&SerId=PBS&sCatId=PSU) (bought for a hair under $250 brand new)

Getting these in a few weeks(just have to manage finaces, etc.) -
B&W DM604 S3 (http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.models/label/Model%20DM604%20S3)
Mine will be Black (http://www.bwspeakers.com/images/photoItem/604_Black_Spec.jpg)

I've also been at my new job 5 weeks now. My raise should be on my next check.

Fountain
09-25-2003, 12:17 PM
Well, it has been quiet. Nothng bothering anybody any more?