PDA

View Full Version : A little music for you...

RobR
09-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Flashdaddee has had to suffer this for years. I guess it's your turn now.

RobR vs. TK (www.robr.freeuk.com/cprog.mp3)

Yep, that's Troll King on vocals, from an old thread buried here.

(Any objections Dean and I'll remove it - oh, wait, you're banned :D ).

Enjoy!

(Yes, it's MP3. Yes, I know Ogg is better. Yada yada yada).

MethodMan
09-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Thats some great work RobR :D

RobR
09-16-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by MethodMan
Thats some great work RobR :D

Thanks MM.

Hmmmm. Just one comment? Guess it must suck hard. Oh well, what's 30 hours of my life?

Silvercord
09-16-2003, 04:04 PM
I don't get it, wtf is sgl

RobR
09-16-2003, 04:08 PM
STL? Standard Template Library.

OK, it makes no sense, but it was from a post of Troll King saying (if I remember correctly)

"Dear lads at CProgramming.COM. I have just returned from a trip to NASA where we worked on the STL. So you'd better get on that, don't you think" in a Bjarne Stroustrup voice.

It seemed funny at the time.

Hammer
09-16-2003, 04:09 PM
>>Guess it must suck hard.
Nah, it sounds pretty good to me :D Keep it up man. But the vocals are hard to understand, I suppose we can blame TK for that though!

>>Oh well, what's 30 hours of my life?
A day and a bit? :p

axon
09-16-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Silvercord
I don't get it, wtf is sgl

not sgl but stl...I think..hehe

axon

maes
09-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Good job Robr

I'm probably the only one here, but I miss TK :sniff:, he was funny (probably not if you were arguing(sp) with him).
He spiced things up :D

RobR
09-17-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by maes
I'm probably the only one here, but I miss TK :sniff:

Nope, you're not the only one. A highly underrated comedian.

nickname_changed
09-17-2003, 06:38 AM
Nice RobR, I like it:D But I have a question, where do you get the background music from? I really like the techno beat (whatever you call it) and I wouldn't mind getting hold of it by itself. Did you make it youself? What words would I use to search winMX for that sort of beat? (I'm not actually into music much, I just like the sound of this :))

RobR
09-17-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
Nice RobR, I like it:D But I have a question, where do you get the background music from? I really like the techno beat (whatever you call it) and I wouldn't mind getting hold of it by itself. Did you make it youself? What words would I use to search winMX for that sort of beat? (I'm not actually into music much, I just like the sound of this :))

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I wrote it myself in a prog called FLStudio. Being an old fogey I have no idea what genre it fits into!

It's a fairly simple sliced-up re-arranged beat with a single synth bassline and the sliced up vocals over the top.

nickname_changed
09-17-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks RobR, does anyone know what genere it would be called? I just want to download some of it by itself :)

Govtcheez
09-17-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by stovellp
Thanks RobR, does anyone know what genere it would be called? I just want to download some of it by itself :)
Folk trance

RobR
09-17-2003, 07:14 AM
How 'bout this? (http://www.robr.freeuk.com/DayBrake.mp3)

It's another of mine, which is kind of similar?

(or perhaps not).

axon
09-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RobR
Being an old fogey I have no idea what genre it fits into!

it reminds me of early 90's happy hardcore!

axon

//EDIT
I just saw the other post: if you like that kind of happy beat you could search for Scooter or Blumchen...I don't know why you would want to thought.....