PDA

View Full Version : I wanna throw a pie in Bill Gates' face!

*ClownPimp*
09-05-2003, 11:54 PM
I just downloaded and installed opera. Every time i run it my computer locks solid as the main window is being loaded! I downloaded netscape a while ago and now it wont start! Im starting to think this isnt just a coincidence. I also heard a couple of years ago about AOL not working on one of their operating systems and when they were called on it they released a "fix". Maybe there was something to that antitrust stuff after all...

Nutshell
09-06-2003, 02:12 AM
Maybe try a different version of Opera. It works fine for me :rolleyes:

Thantos
09-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Opera works fine for me. Must be the user.

XSquared
09-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Yep. Works fine for me.

*ClownPimp*
09-06-2003, 09:08 AM
>Must be the user.

I hope that wasn't directed towards me >:(

Thantos
09-06-2003, 09:16 AM
If the shoe fits.....

MethodMan
09-06-2003, 10:40 AM
What versoin of Windows are you using?

If its XP and you havent installed any of the updates, try that. Other than that I dont know what else you can do.

DeepBlackMagic
09-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Probablly Error Code ID 10 T (Pronounced:eye dee ten tea) :p

minesweeper
09-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Had a similar problem with one of the Opera versions. I just downloaded the latest one and everything worked fine. I use XP by the way. IMO Opera is darn good.

*ClownPimp*
09-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Using windows 98 and the latest version of opera

>If the shoe fits.....

Funny how ppl love to assume it must be "the user" just because something works for them and not for someone else. I got into a long argument a while ago with someone like you and Id rather not again.

Thantos
09-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Funny how ppl love to assume it must be "the user" just because something works for them and not for someone else.

1) I was just messing with ya.
2) I love how people try to blame their inability to get something to work on a third party.
3) More often then not people don't read the documentation that comes with stuff which is why it doesn't work for them (not saying that is the case with you)

*ClownPimp*
09-07-2003, 06:53 PM
>1) I was just messing with ya.

Oh... damn *blushes*
Sorry man.

>2) I love how people try to blame their inability to get something to work on a third party.

Its not only that it doesnt work, it freezes solid (not just the program but the entire os) before the window is even loaded completely. I dont think a misstep on my part could have caused that.

Thantos
09-07-2003, 07:14 PM
I agree, but I won't blame Bill for it. I'd blame Opera for it. And no hard feelings, the internet is bad for comm since there exists no easy way to interpet the tone.

gcn_zelda
09-07-2003, 07:20 PM
MS isn't so bad, IMO. It's the fact that MicroSoft products cost X dollars for what's worth only X/2 dollars.

XSquared
09-07-2003, 07:21 PM
>>It's the fact that MicroSoft products cost X dollars for what's worth only X/2 dollars.
I think that a better formula would be sqr(x) dollars. :p

DeepBlackMagic
09-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Quality may be low, but the real evil is with the DRM stuff they are about to unleash apon the world. Imagine being able to set emails to auto-delete themselves after opened. Imagine asking the microsoft digital rights server permission for every program you want to execute. The TCPA, or whatever they renamed it to is the real evil in the universe. Just because i feel like it, here is a shameless promotion against naziware: http://www.notcpa.org/